hahahaha
hahahaha
hahahaha
hahahaha
Sainters 08 and just when i thought saints fans wern't funny

Ok but back out of your fantasy mythical world
Pavlich=Brown >>>>>> Reiwoldt> Franklin
Typical arrogant freo supporter.

Nick Riewoldt has done as much for Saint Kilda, if not more, than Pavlich has done for Fremantle.

I also believe they are about equal.

Pavlich is a year older.

Riewoldt is quicker.

Pavlich is stronger.

Riewoldt takes more marks.

Pavlich is a bit more accurate.

Riewoldt has more endurance.

They are both versatile and the most important forwards in their respective teams. I would be happy if either came to WC.

To answer the thread question, I would take Brown. :thumbsu:

Brown Pav Franklin

Riewoldt should have been there instead of Franklin.

Franklin will be good but he looks to be suited around 45 out and roaming.
Roughead seems more in the brown mould.
for mine Roughead>Franklin

I know I'm always risking being chased off BF by a mob when I say this, but I can't believe how overrated Brown is.

Brown turned 26 in Oct, has played 8 seasons, and has contributed 40+ goals once - not the return expected of a dominant KPF. He has been injury prone and undisciplined.

Pavlich turns 26 Dec 31st, has played 8 seasons, and has kicked 61, 71 and 72 goals in the last 3 seasons since moving to a permanent forward post (after AA years all over the ground). He is a picture of discipline and hardly misses a match with injury.

For me, Pavlich by a long margin. Let's wait until Franklin has a couple more seasons under his belt to compare with these guys, he does looks very promising though.

And people on here bag Bartel supporters saying he's only had one good season.:confused:

Originally Posted by DOCKER MAN
Ok but back out of your fantasy mythical world
Pavlich=Brown >>>>>> Reiwoldt> Franklin
You're in a fantasy world as well. The majority of people think Brown is better than Pavlich for a reason, because he is. That being said, I agree with you that Pavlich is better than Riewoldt.

I know I'm always risking being chased off BF by a mob when I say this, but I can't believe how overrated Brown is.

Brown turned 26 in Oct, has played 8 seasons, and has contributed 40+ goals once - not the return expected of a dominant KPF. He has been injury prone and undisciplined.

Pavlich turns 26 Dec 31st, has played 8 seasons, and has kicked 61, 71 and 72 goals in the last 3 seasons since moving to a permanent forward post (after AA years all over the ground). He is a picture of discipline and hardly misses a match with injury.

For me, Pavlich by a long margin. Let's wait until Franklin has a couple more seasons under his belt to compare with these guys, he does looks very promising though.

And people on here bag Bartel supporters saying he's only had one good season.:confused:
Agree 100%. Brown's best is better but Pavlich provides you with a great forward target year in, year out.

I agree wth your post. The better player is, probably, JB but Pavlich has been far more consistent (both in form and being on the park) than JB. Both are equally important to their respective teams though.

And like others have said, Riewoldt should be here instead of Buddy. For mine Pav, JB, Riewoldt then Buddy.

2005_riewoldt_gallery__470x278.jpg

RIEWOLDT PFFT

http://finalsiren.com/PlayerCompare...k+riewoldt&SelectedPlayers=609,1080,1526,327,

Brown's struggle to play consecutive games has to count against him

Year Games
2007 22
2006 10
2005 14
2004 17

IIRC Brown played forward in Brisbanes premierships, yet only managed 38 goals from 25 games in 2001, 14 goals from 19 games in 2002, and 27 goals from 19 games in 2003, all with the delux supply from Voss, Black, Lappin, Power, Akermanis, etc (I realise that Lynch would've cost him a few goals).

If Pav had some decent delivery I reckon he'd easily kick 100 a season. Also Pav has only been playing forward since 2005 scoring 61,71,72.

Total goals

Pav 312 since 2000
Brown 268 since 2000
Riewoldt 255 since 2001
Franklin 125 since 2005

Its too early to be comparing Franklin

And yes I probably am bias:D

I'd say thats pretty impressive considering he was only 19 in 2001, and Lynch was the designated go to man.

How was Pavlich going at age 19?
Being Coached under Drum most likely. Lets see Brown do that and Make it as an AFL footballer:p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd say thats pretty impressive considering he was only 19 in 2001, and Lynch was the designated go to man.

How was Pavlich going at age 19?

http://finalsiren.com/PlayerStats.asp?PlayerID=609

In 2001 he kicked 28 goals from 21 games, 2002 kicked 10 from 22, and 2003 37 from 23, all whilst playing in midfield of a very average team (wooden spoon in 2001)

Total Goals from 2001 -2003
PAV = 75 from a mid in wooden spoon team
Brown = 79 from a forward in premiership team

Being Coached under Drum most likely. Lets see Brown do that and Make it as an AFL footballer:p

:thumbsu:

http://finalsiren.com/PlayerStats.asp?PlayerID=609

In 2001 he kicked 28 goals from 21 games, 2002 kicked 10 from 22, and 2003 37 from 23, all whilst playing in midfield of a very average team (wooden spoon in 2001)

Total Goals from 2001 -2003
PAV = 75 from a mid in wooden spoon team
Brown = 79 from a forward in premiership team

The dominant/non-dominant team argument is manipulated by so many people to suit their argument.

Wouldn't a dominant team likely have far more options to kick to and the chance to shine would be far less?

Brown was sharing the forward line with Lynch and Bradshaw.

The dominant/non-dominant team argument is manipulated by so many people to suit their argument.

Wouldn't a dominant team likely have far more options to kick to and the chance to shine would be far less?

Brown was sharing the forward line with Lynch and Bradshaw.

Fair point, but Pav was scoring a similar amount of goals as Brown from the middle.

When Freo had a good year in 2003 (finished 5th) PAV outscored him 37 to 27.

However I don't expect to change the mind of a Brisbane fan with the name TheBrownDog:p

When Freo had a good year in 2003 (finished 5th) PAV outscored him 37 to 27.

Pav played 7 more games than Brown that year.

Their average goals per game are basically equal.

I guess it comes down to how you assess players, in terms of being able to stay on the park, Pav takes the cake.

But when both fully fit, I'd take Brown any day of the week. Hopefully he has put his injury troubles behind him.

Brown >> pav + franklin

Why?

I'm not delusional about lynchy, he's just a serviceable forward with potential to be 60-75 goals a year consistently, which imo isn't bad.

I know all 3 of the players mentioned, including franklin are better then lynch.

Would you really take Brown over Pav and Franklin?

I'm assuming your bias is against Pav cause he plays for freo?

If you compare their 3rd seasons as 20 yr olds then Franklin is miles in front and considering thats all hes played so far thats all you can go on.

Brown had his best year ever this year and Buddy was just about as good.

I'd take an injury free Brown, though if I had to take a player for Collingwood, it'd be Pavlich because of his ability to stay on the park.

And Franklin, while we're at it, shouldn't even be in this poll. Cloke and Riewoldt would have been more sensible choices.

Back