Pendles half year long injury with thanks to 'think better' on Nicks

Remove this Banner Ad

No silverware = failure.
Failure to recognise that simply puts you in the category of accepting failure.
I’m comfortable with that.

Cool. You must a very high achiever with standards like that. :)

I’m considering my place in this world. I feel so gutted by your meanyness.

And I didn’t even get the chance to recant :'(
You actually did get the chance but didn’t take and only reaffirmed your comments. But don’t let this get in the way of your little show.

You’re not following this very well.....
No I’m following it very well, I’m just highlighting the bit we’re your “parody” falls apart.

My achievements, I suspect are better than yours, have nothing to do with CFC and the failure to win the silverware in 2018.

I'm a nobody, so beating my achievements doesn't say much at all. :)

Having said that, I was taught at a very young age how to be a true "supporter". The most elementary lesson would be that if the club you say you support makes the grand final and comes close to winning that you don't respond by labelling that effort a failure. Nobody values a finger pointer.

I can do this all night mate.

No I’m following it very well, I’m just highlighting the bit we’re your “parody” falls apart.
I’ll get the crayons out and draw you a picture to explain.

You’re boring me now.

Go on, get the last word in baby boy :thumbsu:

If he was so unfit he should not have been playing. Once a player is judged fit to play you expect him to be able to perform at a normal level. I don't recall 'writing him off' and being one of your *******s but I certainly didn't think he was the Pendlebury I knew from previous years. Once you are judged OK to take the field week after week, there are no excuses. Usually like your comments, but think you have gone too far this time.

It's not an excuse, but it is an explanation of why he didn't perform as well as we've come to expect. In terms "If he was so unfit he should not have been playing.". Despite being below his best, he was still a contributor and performed better than the next in line replacement would have performed - Callum Brown who was way out of form when he got a couple of opportunities in the second half of last year.

He was still in our top half dozen players and we were better with him playing.

I never named you or anyone else. I think those that I’m referring to know who they are.

If anyone is offended at being referred to in the broad sense as an f-wit then they seriously need to harden up.
Buy you could say these things with venom, or you can add an exclamation at the end of said venomous rant.
Softens said rant, point still made.

Well we all knew he was nowhere near his best.

It's just opinions varied obviously on why.

To be honest I just thought age had finally got to him because of his lack of pace, very happy to know I was wrong on that one. Pendles has looked sharp already this season even in just JLT. Imagine how much better we can get with a fit Moore, Elliott, Beams and Pendles!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’ll get the crayons out and draw you a picture to explain.

You’re boring me now.

Go on, get the last word in baby boy :thumbsu:
I heard Dusty Martin's dad is writing a book. The first ever book to be written with crayons!

Relevant to the thread, I guess this is why Pendles wasn't getting five goals, forty five touches, and twenty marks a game? :think:

I expect him to bounce the ball off three pigeons, all simultaneously, every week going forward now :thumbsu:

I heard Dusty Martin's dad is writing a book. The first ever book to be written with crayons!

Relevant to the thread, I guess this is why Pendles wasn't getting five goals, forty five touches, and twenty marks a game? :think:

I expect him to bounce the ball off three pigeons, all simultaneously, every week going forward now :thumbsu:

It's kind of ominous we're finding this out the same day we play the team he loves playing the most.

Pendles record against Geelong over his career (particularly the last decade) has been extraordinary. He just loves playing Geelong. I think the only legitimately bad game he's played against them was that one many years ago when they used Blicsavs to tag him.

It's kind of ominous we're finding this out the same day we play the team he loves playing the most.

Pendles record against Geelong over his career (particularly the last decade) has been extraordinary. He just loves playing Geelong. I think the only legitimately bad game he's played against them was that one many years ago when they used Blicsavs to tag him.
Your soothsaying abilities are well know Ed!

Was watching the games from regular season 2010-13 when we beat them. His goals had me frothing at the mouth. Could have been 2014 maybe, since we only lost to them in the game last year, and second game of 2017, when we had a five goal head start?

Ill be honest Ed, I didn't see toouch of a difference to Pendlebury in JLT versus last year, but I was probably looking at the team collective as opposed to one bloke.

He might be up for a four goal, forty plus performance do you reckon? Probably crook on Rusty pinching all his votes at the Charlie over the years ;)

Your soothsaying abilities are well know Ed!

Was watching the games from regular season 2010-13 when we beat them. His goals had me frothing at the mouth. Could have been 2014 maybe, since we only lost to them in the game last year, and second game of 2017, when we had a five goal head start?

Ill be honest Ed, I didn't see toouch of a difference to Pendlebury in JLT versus last year, but I was probably looking at the team collective as opposed to one bloke.

He might be up for a four goal, forty plus performance do you reckon? Probably crook on Rusty pinching all his votes at the Charlie over the years ;)

Between his poor 2018 and the fact that he's now over the inuries and wer're playing Geelong, I'm expecitng PEndles will most likely be attempting to tear them a new one.

Wouldn't be surprised if our mids have an internal comp going to see who can do more damage tonight.

I would have rathered him miss half the season last year and play the other half fully fit rather than him play half fit the whole time. Could have cost us a premiership.
Ideally that's what you'd do to win a premiership but then you have to make the GF final first. Sidebottom was carrying injuries into the GF as well. Neither was at their best. Grand Finals are wars of attrition. The West Coast mids were carrying injuries as well but they coped with it a bit better. Ultimately neither Pendlebury or Sidebottom cost us the premiership. Players like Sier and Stephenson who don't have enough preseasons up their sleeve and hence run out of puff in the second half of a gruelling GF. Wells not being able to get his body up to play in the GF. Dunn and Scharenburg being injured and losing our rebound from defence. Murray another rebounder being suspended. Moore not getting his body right and hence not having the height to combat the WC tall forwards as well as Vardy moving forward. Those were more reasons we couldn't hold out WC in the last 5 minutes of the GF.

Ideally that's what you'd do to win a premiership but then you have to make the GF final first. Sidebottom was carrying injuries into the GF as well. Neither was at their best. Grand Finals are wars of attrition. The West Coast mids were carrying injuries as well but they coped with it a bit better. Ultimately neither Pendlebury or Sidebottom cost us the premiership. Players like Sier and Stephenson who don't have enough preseasons up their sleeve and hence run out of puff in the second half of a gruelling GF. Wells not being able to get his body up to play in the GF. Dunn and Scharenburg being injured and losing our rebound from defence. Murray another rebounder being suspended. Moore not getting his body right and hence not having the height to combat the WC tall forwards as well as Vardy moving forward. Those were more reasons we couldn't hold out WC in the last 5 minutes of the GF.
Pmedlbuery was average last season season so I think we still make the GF even if he misses the first half of the season. Sidebottom I didn’t realise was injured in the GF but he obviously wasn’t carrying the injury the whole season so it’s not comparable. The rest doesn’t help but it also doesn’t take away responsibility from Sidebottom and Pendlebury’s poor performances.

I think its obvious we got out marked and in the end our injuries cruelled us. The passage that led to the game winning goal showed it. I wouldn't blame pendles or sidebottom.
Maybe has they played better I’d wouldn’t have come down to that, radical thought I know!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back