Teams Philadelphia Eagles - The Gold Standard

Remove this Banner Ad

Actually went ok his last stint with the team but yeah it's a sad situation where he will most likely help improve the offence, Birds dropped the ball bigtime with their wideout management this season.

Anyway, it was interesting that JJAW got a bit of field time last game even though not targeted. Perhaps they were getting him to work on a few things with the view to getting him involved post the bye. He showed too much preseason to have become a bust already, still have confidence he can come good with a bit of game time.

Last edited:
The wide out issue has to involve bad coaching. They don't even try to get some of these guys going.

You can't get a guy a few touches each game? Send him on a drag or two? Run a curl? Complete a slant?

They've basically game planned away half of the offensive field at any given time.

Call a WR screen to Hollins ffs- get the duck off his back.

I just don't really get how it is that you can not manage to get these guys any catches. The coaches have to be culpable.

We still managed to find a way to go to Sproles three plays in a row last week ffs.

Good results for Eagles today. Panthers, Cowboys, Rams all lose helps with wildcard and division chances.

Are favourites to win the East with the bookies now given Eagles schedule consists of Giants X2, Redskins and Miami. Need to win at least 1 the next 2 weeks then will be in a very good position.

Sproles gone for season with a torn right hip flexor he did in practice, Howard still not cleared for contact with a shoulder injury from before the bye .... so the eagles have signed Ajayi. A bit of a risk given he is 12 months off an ACL and you wouldn't think would be game ready, but I guess this time of year the options are fairly limited.

I honestly don’t mind the signing. Jay can run between the tackles, Sanders can do everything & Scott thrown in there also gives a bit of a scat back feel who can also gets a bit of drive.
Now, when Howard is cleared & Jay is the 3rd back, it’s a pretty formidable & in your face run game.
Wentz would be frothing on what can open up for Alshon, Mathews & Agholor on the mid range routes when trying to stop the run.
Djax would be itching to get back!
I think if there is a chance of rolling the Pats there would be some revisited Super Bowl rumblings at the NovaCare complex & a few worried teams that the Eagles are to face on the run home I would think.

This season is a disaster, again.

What's going on with our franchise? Why can't we get players fit?

We come out of the ******* bye week more banged up than we went in. During the bye- Jackson on IR, Sproles on IR, Jeffrey out, howard questionable.

Good god. What the *.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cut every wide receiver except JJAW because he's young and maybe could be better. Need 4 new receivers, with an emphasis on speed. We have our chain movers with the tight ends, get guys that will stretch the field and open up the intermediate.

Run game would be even more efficient with defence not having to only defend 10-15 yards. So easy to key on run when there's no one that will beat you deep.

Good to see JJAW catch a couple, bit scary the reliance on Lane, s**t got ugly real quick once he went out, hopefully Howard's back asap, missed him today, happily surprised by the D, they looked good for the most part.

Dallas suck so this thing is far from over.

Good to see JJAW catch a couple, bit scary the reliance on Lane, s**t got ugly real quick once he went out, hopefully Howard's back asap, missed him today, happily surprised by the D, they looked good for the most part.
Dallas suck so this thing is far from over.
O-Line (and depth) has been a problem for some time.
Johnson Brooks Kelce < > Peters
4 quality starters but beyond that? Seumalo at RG is solid at best, the depth beyond Dillard (a rookie and doing ok so no problems with him) is Pryor, Herbig and V. Plus Peters may very well retire at the end of this season.
With Darby and Mills both back the corner position was much improved so I think that lifted the overall D quite a bit.
WR is the #1 issue now. No way Nelson is here next season. Alshon, DJax, JJAW will remain but we probably need to trade/FA in 1 and draft another early.

Yeah it was only a hard catch because he ran under the ball and had to contort himself to much to get his hands on it. And it still hit him in the hands and dropped it.

I was a massive fan of his. And i think he's fine as solely a slot short/intermediate and let him use his agility, but anything else is just way too much for him. He clearly overthinks and tries to do too much and it's plagued his whole career. To his rookie drops to now drops and tracking ability now that we send him deep.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back