Teams Philadelphia Eagles - The Gold Standard

Remove this Banner Ad

I'd be happy with either at home honestly.

Cowboys receivers seem to trouble us

Don't watch a lot of 9ers but apparently their DBs are bad which bodes well, plus Purdy at the Linc + this pressure can't end well
Yes so you'd probably prefer 49ers winning tomorrow then

Had a massive 2018 prelim final feel for me. All the talk leading in about the Giants and them being the fairytale story, only to then come over and cop a beating. Just like the Dees coming over to Perth and being embarrassed.

Had a massive 2018 prelim final feel for me. All the talk leading in about the Giants and them being the fairytale story, only to then come over and cop a beating. Just like the Dees coming over to Perth and being embarrassed.

Are there any teams and/or any seasons with a Norf like 2013?

Pretty lucky to have picked the Eagles as my team a bit over a decade back - cheers Sav Rocca

Been pretty consistently up there and challenging in the post season - McNabb/Reid era, 2018 and now again, all around a very solid org

Gotta wonder why more teams don't copy the roster building homework of the Eagles, namely:

- Prioritise OL/DL above all else - especially early in the draft (I swear we draft a corn fed all-American interior lineman every season)

- Not often drafting RB, LB, CB, S in the early rounds - pick up FAs in these spots

It makes so much sense given games are won up front. You can't do much on offence without protection or a run game (ask KC in the Tampa super bowl). On the other side of the ball, if you constantly stuff the run and get pressure with 4 on D, your DBs don't need to be all pros (though we have 3 elite guys this year tbf).

CB probably doesn't belong with the other positions- I think we actually do prioritise it, and have always been willing to spend there. We've had quite a few attempts at early-ish picks there over the last decade, they just haven't stuck (Eric Rowe, Sidney Jones). Actually won't be suprised if we went to that position in the first this year given we have to replace Bradbury

CB probably doesn't belong with the other positions- I think we actually do prioritise it, and have always been willing to spend there. We've had quite a few attempts at early-ish picks there over the last decade, they just haven't stuck (Eric Rowe, Sidney Jones). Actually won't be suprised if we went to that position in the first this year given we have to replace Bradbury

Sidney Jones fell because of injury and was BPA. But yeah this is true, we do take some shots at CB in the 2nd and 3rd semi frequently and then combine that with trades or 1 year prove it contracts

I’d be surprised if we take a corner w/ 10 - reckon we’ll go edge to take snaps from BG, or maybe even another DT given Cox & Hargreaves are long in the tooth

Corner def a need though, Slay not getting younger either.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sidney Jones fell because of injury and was BPA. But yeah this is true, we do take some shots at CB in the 2nd and 3rd semi frequently and then combine that with trades or 1 year prove it contracts

I’d be surprised if we take a corner w/ 10 - reckon we’ll go edge to take snaps from BG, or maybe even another DT given Cox & Hargreaves are long in the tooth

Corner def a need though, Slay not getting younger either.
Had the same conversation with a couple mates of mine today while watching the game and agree think we will also take a DL.

Had the same conversation with a couple mates of mine today while watching the game and agree think we will also take a DL.
If Porter Jr is there and bpa, I could see that at 10, with a relatively deep DL draft and our having a second first.

Was really impressed with Lane yesterday. Incredible effort considering the injury.

Not sure how much you take out of a performance like that. Confidence will be high again but the opposition were truly dreadful.

Always nice to have an easy playoff win though.
We came out of it unscathed and the game itself was pretty bruise free, it was pretty much one way traffic. Really important for guys like Lane and Jalen. I also reckon we held Jalen back a bit again, felt to me like we didn't run the same plays for him as we usually do. Hopefully we open it up for him more next week.

How do we feel about the 49ers matchup?

Team we don't really know with an average secondary, but the fact we don't know them could also work against us.

Finding that the Eagles aren’t very well liked by opposition supporters (much like the West Coast Eagles 😬) what’s the go there?? Some history with other specific teams? I’m only newish to the NFL and haven’t come across oppo supporters much before. Just reading through the divisional thread, seems like there’s a fair bit of angst towards the Eagles.

Finding that the Eagles aren’t very well liked by opposition supporters (much like the West Coast Eagles 😬) what’s the go there?? Some history with other specific teams? I’m only newish to the NFL and haven’t come across oppo supporters much before. Just reading through the divisional thread, seems like there’s a fair bit of angst towards the Eagles.
It's a Philly thing ;)

I would describe their fans as having chips on their shoulders, but they are more like divots at this point.

How do we feel about the 49ers matchup?

Team we don't really know with an average secondary, but the fact we don't know them could also work against us.

If we stop their ground game, then we win.

I have faith in the offence to move the ball even through the 49ers D looks great.

Stats say he's doing fine but Purdy has had a few almost disastrous moments in both playoff games - hostile crowd, pressure from our DL, can't see him coping for all 4 qrts - especially if he needs to throw.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back