• Horne-Francis

Votes: 227 92.7%
  • Callaghan

Votes: 13 5.3%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 5 2.0%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Haha oof, that doesn't bode well for the rest of his career then. Although he has started with much fanfare... :fearful:

Including Kate Winslet's boobs.

Can North just name him now and stop all the conjecture that other clubs have a chance.

All that has to be done is the next time Brady or Luff are interviewed, when they are asked about pick #1 just say something like" we are keeping our first pick to use in picking JHF"...Simples....Then scan to Gil and watch his face... :laughv1:

Look, not to knock LDU down a peg, but as the First Mate of the Jy Simpkin ...err... Submarine(?) (second to Captain LuvtheKangas of course) I gotta take issue with you there, TPA. There might be a reason for that statistical discrepancy given that Jy's fourth year was in 2020, shortened quarters and all. Adjusted for proper quarter length, I'm not sure there would be a single statistic where LDU would be ahead of Jy in their respective fourth seasons.

Possibly.

I’ll say this, LDU will have a better ‘22 than Simpkin had ‘21.

Stoked we have both.

Haha Jason Horne-Francis comes into the club, sees a sketchbook filled with racy handdrawn pictures of Trent Dumont and says, "Draw me like one of your French footballers."
Sorry for self-quoting, but just thinking about this more and I'm glad I didn't take the Jason Horne-Francis is Rose analogy any further because something about JHF and the skipper in the back seat of a car came to mind.

"Put your hands on me, Jack."

:flushed:

Look, not to knock LDU down a peg, but as the First Mate of the Jy Simpkin ...err... Submarine(?) (second to Captain LuvtheKangas of course) I gotta take issue with you there, TPA. There might be a reason for that statistical discrepancy given that Jy's fourth year was in 2020, shortened quarters and all. Adjusted for proper quarter length, I'm not sure there would be a single statistic where LDU would be ahead of Jy in their respective fourth seasons.

I don't think it's just a stats thing. In 2020, Simpkin really stepped up especially in the absence of Ben Cunnington. This year, LDU kicked into gear especially as the year unfolded. Jy and LDU are very different players but their respective 2020 and 2021 seasons shared a very similar trajectory. I'm really looking forward to seeing LDU take another step and play a consistent, full season.

In 2 years time, Jy Simpkin who just won the Syd Barker might be our fifth best midfielder.

Let that sink in.

Could be our 6th

LDU
Thomas
Phillips
Powell
Horne - Francis

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

LDU was statistically superior in most if not all categories compared with Simpkin when looking at their fourth seasons.

LDU is going to go ballistic in ‘22.

Back to JHF.....

Agree, LDU is tracking well and has had to deal with more injuries as well as personal issues. LDU and Thomas are going to wreck the competition.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

That's a great question. Curious myself. Souup PMBangers Sorry tagging you both... you've probably answered this question 10 times each already. But you guys provide terrific insights.

The thing that makes JHF so exciting is how well-rounded his skillset is. It's hard to pick out an obvious negative in his game, when it wasn't difficult to do that with previous year's top talent.

As an example, 4 midfielders/smalls come to mind as guys who I rated very highly in each of their draft classes. If I was including talls, then King X 2 would make the list.

Rowell - Lack of positional flexibility. Didn't hit the scoreboard much as a midfielder. Not a great mark, not athletic.
Walsh - While Walsh kicked a few more goals than Rowell from the midfield, he never showed the ability to play as a dangerous forward or be a threat in marking contests. He's one of the best runners I've seen on a field in addition to Scully.
Rankine - Absolute bloody freak in juniors - I've not watched someone make AFL look easier than this bloke. Never showed the ability to play in the midfield though and his build made it unlikely that he would.
LDU - Clear weaknesses with his defensive pressure and ability to accumulate and impact consistently.

From a junior performance and potential perspective, I've not been more excited by any prospect over the last 5 years than these guys (+ JHF). I'd have JHF ahead of all of them at the same age regarding how well-rounded he is as a footballer.

I don't use the term generational lightly, but I used it in relation to JHF since last year and throughout this year. Kid's a special talent.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Jason really is taking an interest in our culture and history, I hope he gets an opportunity to speak to M Blight ( who I believe resides back in Adelaide these days)
I’m sure no one would provide a greater history lesson and tell a great yarn about the halcyon days of the 1970s .

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

Yes Malcolm ..... but i would get him to talk to this bloke too ...

1976-vfl-afl-scanlens-46-sam-kekovich-north-melbourne-kangaroos_orig.jpg

Huuuuge call. I'm not sure I agree, but fu** it'd be good if it happened.

LDU certainly more eye catching as is TT, while Jy racks it up on the inside. Wow if (and they will) Jy, LDU, TT, Tommy, Will Phill, step up again next season....add in JHF, and Cunners if fit and healthy.....oh sweet baby jesus.....thats shaping up better than our midfield of the 90's!!!

The thing that makes JHF so exciting is how well-rounded his skillset is. It's hard to pick out an obvious negative in his game, when it wasn't difficult to do that with previous year's top talent.

As an example, 4 midfielders/smalls come to mind as guys who I rated very highly in each of their draft classes. If I was including talls, then King X 2 would make the list.

Rowell - Lack of positional flexibility. Didn't hit the scoreboard much as a midfielder. Not a great mark, not athletic.
Walsh - While Walsh kicked a few more goals than Rowell from the midfield, he never showed the ability to play as a dangerous forward or be a threat in marking contests. He's one of the best runners I've seen on a field in addition to Scully.
Rankine - Absolute bloody freak in juniors - I've not watched someone make AFL look easier than this bloke. Never showed the ability to play in the midfield though and his build made it unlikely that he would.
LDU - Clear weaknesses with his defensive pressure and ability to accumulate and impact consistently.

From a junior performance and potential perspective, I've not been more excited by any prospect over the last 5 years than these guys (+ JHF). I'd have JHF ahead of all of them at the same age regarding how well-rounded he is as a footballer.

I don't use the term generational lightly, but I used it in relation to JHF since last year and throughout this year. Kid's a special talent.
Thanks for the response Souup, much appreciated.

love reading your stuff Souup, I just wish we could time travel to after pick one and know nobody does anything silly between now and then

If Jason really is taking an interest in our culture and history, I hope he gets an opportunity to speak to M Blight (who I believe resides back in Adelaide these days)
I’m sure no one would provide a greater history lesson and tell a great yarn about the halcyon days of the 1970s .
You are correct! He was lured back to front a multi million dollar ad campaign(er):

Perhaps JHF Will receive a two person pop-top as a sign on bonus. These are the kind of hush hush high ends perks North Melbourne are famous for.

There were posts last year from not very well respected posters (ie:Me) suggesting we’d be better off losing every game next year to secure this kid.

We started the year with 0 superstars, and ended it with 3.

They are different players and statistics alone wouldn’t capture the sheer brilliance LDU is capable of. Love JY and reckon he’s our next captain but LDU has the talent, skill and game sense to win a Brownlow for this club. He sees the game differently and has the ability to take moments that only Taryn compares to. LDU, Thomas and potentially JHF are superstar material, JY will be a great player and leader at north and you’ll build a culture around him but has a lower ceiling.

Exactly.

Parents can literally drive down for the game, have dinner and spend the night with the young man, then head home the next day. Same for his mates, they would love the weekend footy trips to Melbourne.

And if mum or dad wants to get down fast, flights are cheap.

The whole player leaving after the rookie deal thing is because of the QLD clubs really - it it not a day trip for most states.
Mel Adl is a great roadtrip. We break it up with stays in Horsham and Hahndorf on way over and Robe and Wye River on return. Cally in Robe and Rookery Nook both great pubs.

Highlights of Hugh Greenwood mark 2...

Seeing as Adelaide have given their future 1st pick to Sydney ,after offering it in a bundle to us for our 1st pick, does it mean that they are giving up on getting JHF to them ?..

Last edited:
Highlights of Hugh Greenwood mark 2...

Yeah I can see the KM comparison clearly now, the only thing Hugh doesn’t have that Jason does is..
* Speed
* Skill
* Athleticism
* Power
* IQ
* Killer instinct

Other than that they’re identical..

Back