Competitions PIEMAN 2014 Round 3 v Richmond

Remove this Banner Ad

54The Original SwooperStringer23231752-35

23 for the round, 23 for the season ? I was 17th overall last week with zero ? Score 23 and fall 35 spots...LOL Think total missing first 2 rounds TD.
Good pickup. Sorry, there was a bug in the system - a hangover from last year when Dogdays joined after round 2. You being the last entry (#54, same as him) only started accumulating points from Round 3.

Will fix shortly. :oops:

Blast that infernal Jong handicap, and my lack of Jong

I would like to say that before round 2, I was always making Jong my banker, but I only thought it would be a good idea after seeing Metal do it! I think I've lucked out.

In all honesty, I picked Jong because after playing well in the preseason, I knew he'd play a few games at some point in the season. If he'd kicked 3 goals in the entire year, that's 75 points and equivalent to 15 or so goals for a lot of other players!

Simple dogwatch, have varying handicaps throughout the season. Now that would make it interesting. Perhaps you could estimate how many goals each player is going to kick ( u probably already do) set a min and max hcp, say 2 and 30 and for every goal the player kicks, their hcp changes down or up if they fail to kick any.

Eg: Jong starts on 30, he kicked 2 goals, so his new hcp is 28 this week
Eg2: dahlhaus starts on 5 and didn't kick a goal for 2 weeks, he goes out to 7, then kicks 4 in the next game and comes back in to 3

Might be too hard, but would make trade periods interesting

Simple dogwatch, have varying handicaps throughout the season. Now that would make it interesting. Perhaps you could estimate how many goals each player is going to kick ( u probably already do) set a min and max hcp, say 2 and 30 and for every goal the player kicks, their hcp changes down or up if they fail to kick any.

Eg: Jong starts on 30, he kicked 2 goals, so his new hcp is 28 this week
Eg2: dahlhaus starts on 5 and didn't kick a goal for 2 weeks, he goes out to 7, then kicks 4 in the next game and comes back in to 3

Might be too hard, but would make trade periods interesting
Nice idea, and new ideas are always welcome. However it would be extremely difficult to administer - much more time consuming and increased likelihood of clerical error. It might also make it so complex that most people couldn't be stuffed following (or couldn't understand) what has changed from week to week.

Also unless the weekly adjustments were entirely automatic I could be accused of manipulating the handicaps for some ulterior motive!

I'm no excel whiz by any stretch of the imagination but I reckon you could just enter the goals kicked somewhere on the sheet and it would a) score it and b) adjust the hcp for the following week. You couldn't be accused of dodginess (much) because the caps would be set at the start and would only change by goals kicked or not kicked.

You wouldn't be able to change players until trade periods which might be 2 or 3 times per year or whatever.

Love your work anyway, just an idea

Remove this Banner Ad

Back