POLL - Do you support KNEELING?

Do you support the kneeling?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

The numbers - These numbers of police vs blacks show up time and again.
The push that black lives are being disproportionately dealt with different to white just don't front up. Watch it all and you'll 'get it' and then listen to others that put forward factual information about these numbers and you'll see.

Where does she discuss these numbers? And no, I've watched 20 minutes of a researcher with studies and reviewed research on the challenges faced by young black males in education and their communities being talked over by conservative talking points. She hasn't presented a single fact based argument and consistently interrupts Hill when he's speaking.

Time stamps please

Look at up and don't come back until you have. Spare people the time of your straw-manning.
Look at up?

Did some footballers kneel even if they didn't believe in the message? Almost definitely.

Is there any evidence that they were forced to?

No one held a gun to anyones head, but you could see how many players felt uncomfortable having to do something that was completely out of the scope of their contract. It's not racist to not kneel.

We're all different but pretence just doesn't sit well with me, or let's do it because that's what they're doing in America.
There are many ways to demonstrate oneself as being a good person....Being good is a start, but this forced 'education' is a lie.

Players had no choice but to kneel, whether they liked it or not. I feel that's a little unfair, but you may think 'Just shut up and do it'
Like I said; We're all different.....and let's not bring up standing for the national anthem but you know....if players didn't want to, then that would be fine too.

No one held a gun to anyones head, but you could see how many players felt uncomfortable having to do something that was completely out of the scope of their contract. It's not racist to not kneel.

We're all different but pretence just doesn't sit well with me, or let's do it because that's what they're doing in America.
There are many ways to demonstrate oneself as being a good person....Being good is a start, but this forced 'education' is a lie.

Players had no choice but to kneel, whether they liked it or not. I feel that's a little unfair, but you may think 'Just shut up and do it'
Like I said; We're all different.....and let's not bring up standing for the national anthem but you know....if players didn't want to, then that would be fine too.

Which players were uncomfortable? How did they show that?

You have still presented no evidence at all to justify your belief that they didn't have a choice, even if some of them were uncomfortable.

There you go again....More words, no ideas. Say something other than highlighting a typo as some sort of win. :)
Well, I point out you whining about strawmen before throwing one out, I thought that was pretty neat.

Now, timestamps or quotes from Owens with fact-based arguments from the video you posted? I managed to get a few out, but I concede it's easier to find conservative grifters bullshitting than discussing in good faith.

There you go again....More words, no ideas. Say something other than highlighting a typo as some sort of win. :)

Seek and you shall find.

I think he was highlighting a straw-man.

No one held a gun to anyones head, but you could see how many players felt uncomfortable having to do something that was completely out of the scope of their contract.
Solid, FACT BASED, NARRATIVE FREE ARGUMENT. Who was uncomfortable and how did you see it?

It's not racist to not kneel.
Jesus, you did it again!
Spare people the time of your straw-manning.

Which players were uncomfortable? How did they show that?
You have still presented no evidence at all to justify your belief that they didn't have a choice, even if some of them were uncomfortable.

Players looked uncomfortable. Do I need to go and find the images/video for you?
I think you've already conceded that not all players would have wanted to do this and I think that makes for common sense.

Using this poll one in three would sooner not had to kneel, but they had to. Is this fair?

Players looked uncomfortable. Do I need to go and find the images/video for you?
So who was an example? What do you mean they looked uncomfortable and how do you know it was the kneeling rather than the empty stadium or having spent weeks in uncertainty about the future?
I think you've already conceded that not all players would have wanted to do this
No he didn't. He said they didn't believe in the message. That not the same as them not wanting to do it.

I think you've already conceded that not all players would have wanted to do this and I think that makes for common sense.

Using this poll one in three would sooner not had to kneel, but they had to. Is this fair?
Yes. If you are going to make a claim, like "players looked uncomfortable", I'd like you to actually provide the evidence for it. I mean, even just a name would do. Or do I have to go through all the games and try to work out who you are talking about?

Even if 30% of them didn't want to do it but did it anyway, that doesn't mean they were forced. That is a claim of fact that requires evidence. Again, you have provided none. The fact that some players who didn't agree with the action still did it anyway is not evidence that they were forced to.

That question is the point of this thread. This is not a mystery. Look at the thread title.
No, the point of this thread was if we as posters supported the action of kneeling in the context of the AFL. You're assuming the point by constantly stating (without evidence) that it was forced.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes. If you are going to make a claim, like "players looked uncomfortable", I'd like you to actually provide the evidence for it. I mean, even just a name would do. Or do I have to go through all the games and try to work out who you are talking about?

Even if 30% of them didn't want to do it but did it anyway, that doesn't mean they were forced. That is a claim of fact that requires evidence. Again, you have provided none. The fact that some players who didn't agree with the action still did it anyway is not evidence that they were forced to.

OK, so we're stuck on the term 'forced'

Let's rephrase it then while still sticking to the topic - Should players have knelt if they didn't want to?
What would have happened had that been the case?

It's not literally being forced but somehow...just a little bit...it sort of is, isn't it? :)

That question is the point of this thread. This is not a mystery. Look at the thread title.

Yeah, not really the same question you're asking is it?

Let's rephrase it then while still sticking to the topic - Should players have knelt if they didn't want to?

It's not literally being forced but somehow...just a little bit...it sort of is, isn't it? :)

So you aren't going to provide the evidence for your claims? I mean, if you noticed players being uncomfortable surely you could at least remember the name of one of them so I could go and look at the video of the game.

If a player felt strongly enough about not kneeling they could have chosen not to do so. There is no evidence that they could not make that choice. I'm sure the choice would have been heavily scrutinised. They would have no doubt been asked why they chose not to and how well they replied to that questioning would have determined how people responded to their decision.

That isn't the same as being forced.

Not really. You decided they were forced and used it as a basis for argument rather than coming to that conclusion based on available evidence.

"Instead of saying they were forced, can we not just say they were a little bit forced, teehee?"

Do you support kneeling is an incomplete question in context and we know what it really meant.

I do anyway, given this is a football forum and not the SRP board. I trust this is clear and we're not playing semantics here

I think the OP was expecting very different results and credit to them, they have vanished as they said they would.

Not many people are upset by kneeling. Most people are just taking it for what it is, not a discussion on what you think it really means. I think if you ask the OP you might just prove to yourself you're reaching pretty far.

Because BLM is a Marxist organisation. And if you know any history, Marxism causes violence, death suffering and poverty. Often very quickly. That is a reason and a very good reason why people shouldn’t kneel. And you talk about ‘equality’ equality of opportunity yes, equality of outcome no, that’s poisonous and where Marxism comes in.

Correct. We've been down the "cancel culture" and "year zero" roads before. They lead to awful places.

No marxist race-baiters will see me kneel to them.

Listen to the first half of this recent interview and it's the same thing over and again - One person has facts, the other a narrative they want to push.
Once one allows themselves to be receptive to facts, the picture becomes a little clearer.

That's not to say there aren't inequities in the world, but we really should know what we're doing and why we're doing it, and not just because it's a trend to do it.

Candace Owens is an absolute nutcase mate.

Mate you are so obviously right in what you are saying that I wonder why anyone is arguing with you.

Of hundreds of AFL players do ALL find themselves in agreement with kneeling to race-baiting marxists? Possible but beyond unlikely.

They weren't "forced" but were impelled by the fact that having the courage to tell the virtue signalling AFL nobodies to go take a running jump would have meant a storm of negative coverage from the lefty media and they put career first as most do in societies were "rightthink" is socially enforced and "wrongthink" sees one ostracised.

Back