POLL - Do you support KNEELING?

Do you support the kneeling?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

NIKE demanding that the Washington Redskins NFL team change its name

Cute. NIKE jumping on every passing SJW bandwagon in the hope that they can deflect attention from their sweatshops full of poorly paid Asian women.

They have got away with it so far.

you agree with the sentiment though

Are the players still kneeling before games or has the problem been solved?
The problem has been solved for now ie. twitter and facebook likes increased. Not sure if there were any other causes they were supporting unless it was to highlight that non indigenous prisoners are more likely to die in custody than indigenous prisoners but I dont think anyone cares about facts that dont align with the latest cause of the week.

On SM-G570F using BigFooty.com mobile app

"Some in the Black community, who say a “white fringe element” is distracting from their message with senseless destruction in a city where nearly three-quarters of residents are white and less than 6% are Black."

Pew says this on make-up of protests:

Whites the problem even when they're the solution.

James Toney to Jim Gray: "Why you follow me around dog?".

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What changes did you think would take place?

Well I thought that if you had sports people bring awareness and protesters march in the streets that maybe we could attempt to:
-Fix the police system
-Protect the history of indigenous Australians
-Have diversity within our political, sports and business sectors
-Provide better social programs and health services to those in need
Etc.

I care that sport is now routinely politicised. Yes, I do care about that.

On the specific issue of what an NFL team is called I am indifferent.
Please tell me when you think sports were not routinely politicised, because they always have been.

Well I thought that if you had sports people bring awareness and protesters march in the streets that maybe we could attempt to:
-Fix the police system
Etc.
-Fix the police system
Etc.
So you now realise that this kneeling before the game was a waste of time?

Don't particularly support it but if the players feel they want to do it to show support then I have no problem with it.

Players being told they have to do it on the other hand...

For the record, the I thought the backlash Colin Kaepernick copped, particularly when he got the suggestion of kneeling to draw attention from a white former US army officer, truly absurd. Got vilified for nothing, especially from a land that espouses the importance of free speech.

Do you support kneeling is an incomplete question in context and we know what it really meant.

I do anyway, given this is a football forum and not the SRP board. I trust this is clear and we're not playing semantics here

Kneel if you think black lives matter ? Everyone is going to kneel.
Kneel if you think white lives matter ? Everyone is going to kneel.
Kneel if you think racism is bad ? Everyone is going to kneel
Kneel if you think if you think Australia is a racist country .. some might kneel , some might not.

It was not a hard question .I don’t think any players felt uncomfortable doing it.
In a Australia “ black lives matter “ means yep we know it’s been tough and still tough being an indigenous minority.

Kneel if you think black lives matter ? Everyone is going to kneel.
Kneel if you think white lives matter ? Everyone is going to kneel.
Kneel if you think racism is bad ? Everyone is going to kneel
Kneel if you think if you think Australia is a racist country .. some might kneel , some might not.

It was not a hard question .I don’t think any players felt uncomfortable doing it.
In a Australia “ black lives matter “ means yep we know it’s been tough and still tough being an indigenous minority.

I'd kneel for the slaughter of animals for our pleasure and consumption, too. That's no point though.

The question is - Why are footballers being asked/required to kneel?
When exactly did we become suddenly enlightened? When the U.S. did?

When has it become an expectation upon people do do things just because some others are doing it?
You see, we could do this all day long, across many different causes some good and some not so good.

It's concerning that people don't care of how something comes about, as long as it does.
People are being dragged by the nose and being told what to think and when.
Some people see this as a good thing. I just see it as somewhat disingenuous and just because something is seen to be good, doesn't mean it really is.
Buyer beware.

Back