Prediction Poll - Who won't be at the club come November?

Who goes?

• Ben Keays - 22yrs 7m, 30 games (2 this year), 4th year

• Allen Christensen - 28yrs 4m, 133 games (13 this year), 10th year

• Ryan Bastinac (R) - 28yrs 3m, 164 games (3 this year), 10th year

• Josh Walker - 26yrs 10m, 85 games (11 this year), 9th year

• Nick Robertson - 24yrs 3m, 73 games (5 this year), 6th year

• Sam Skinner - 22yrs 3m, 1 game (0 this year), 4th year

• Mitch Hinge (R) - 21yrs 3m, 2 games (2 this year), 3rd year rookie - must be upgraded or delisted

• Tom Cutler - 24yrs 7m, 66 games (3 this year), 6th year

• Lewis Taylor - 24yrs 7m, 112 games (5 this year), 6th year

• Ryan Lester (FA) - 27yrs 1m, 126 games (9 this year), 9th year

• Corey Lyons - 21yrs 4m, 0 games, 3rd year

• Matt Eagles (R)* - 29yrs 7m, 4 games (0 this year), 3rd year rookie**

• Ely Smith* - 19yrs 0m, 0 games, 1st year

• Rhys Mathieson* - 22yrs 8m, 46 games (9 this year), 4th year

• Brandon Starcevich* - 20yrs 2m, 5 games (1 this year), 2nd year

• Archie Smith* - 24yrs 2m, 11 games (2 this year), 6th year

• Jacob Allison (R)* - 21yrs 5m, 10 games (2 this year), 3rd year

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Archie should go, he hasn't been impressive at all in my eyes after 6 years on the list. But he'll probably stay while better players are shunted out.

Bastinac, Robertson, Walker, Hinge, Cutler, Taylor. I'd like to keep all of them but I can see them all getting shafted.

Archie should go, he hasn't been impressive at all in my eyes after 6 years on the list. But he'll probably stay while better players are shunted out.

Bastinac, Robertson, Walker, Hinge, Cutler, Taylor. I'd like to keep all of them but I can see them all getting shafted.
I'm not so sure the club will be shunting some of these players out, it might be the players are seeking trade.
might be a hard sell to try and keep some.
I reckon Taylor, basti, Keays , Cutler , walker will all seek trades, just my gut feel as to what should happen for their sake.
Out of that lot I would expect cutler and basti to be cut by us.
Hope taylor stays , it was obvious we needed to use the link play more. Cant keep bombing it down the line and expect other teams not to make a us turnover the ball .

You do wonder how many we push.
How many think they are down the pecking order and another good injury free year. They get stuck in the NEAFL.
Cutler, N Robbo, Lester, Walker, Matho and Taylor : You would think get a gig elsewhere with maybe more chance of a senior game.
Add Keays, Allison and C Lyons who are behind the group above.
Bundy played the last few matches although no new contract so who knows if we looking for a trade in for his position.
Starc and Skinner had injury problems so you think next year maybe if Skinner gets a contract.
Then there is Archie.. been in the system a while.. Martin/Big O ahead of him. teams like Swans looking for rucks we seemed interested in Ceglar.

Last edited:
Basti and lester have seen players and pace go past them in preference. Unfortunately squeezed out.

Eagles wont get afl go ahead to re rookie him cat b. Sadly wont get a list spot.

Cutler and i think N Robbo will look for greener pastures. Happy for them to explore their options. As good as N Robbo was in the final on Whitfield, he will only ever be depth here, given the odd tagging role. Id love to keep him but after 6yrs at the club he must be wondering if theres more out there for him. Cutler i just dont think is in fages future plans

Skinner and Hinge are tough calls, i can see one of them being delisted or even hinge used in a trade with a SA team.

As for Keays, Walker, Matho, Taylor (was listed in an afl article as one of the best 5 sm fwds ooc this year), they are then our only reliable, capable depth pushing for best 22 spots. We need to hold onto them. Im sure all would want to stay.

Hoping cox, starcevich, c lyons, allison, archie smith can take that next step to best 22 competition and depth next year. The rest of the list are still developing.

Our list is pretty good at the moment. I think we need one best 22 halfback, and a cpl of quality depth/best 22 potential players. Then our minimum 3 draft picks. 6 in, 6 out is my guess for this year.

I think with Cutler, with the talent he has, the coaches expect more of him.

And maybe he can't/won't give them more. Hence been on the outer most of the year. On talent he is best 22, there must be something else.

Dodongo would trade Cutler, Taylor and Keays

Dodongo would delist Bastinac, Allison, Eagles, Hinge, Walker.

Dodongo would move Archie to the rookie list

Dodongo would redraft Walker, Hinge, and Eagles to the rookie list and add Bruce Reville in the rookie draft and maybe someone else.

That leaves 6 spots for the main list. One goes to Big O. Then 2 recruits from trade period leaving 3 for the draft.

Dodongo can't see the club doing this and most likely some of the guys Dodongo delisted don't end up on the rookie list

Of course Nick Robertson may go on the trade list too and maybe Lester, but Dodongo wants them to stay.

I hate this time of year,

Everyone thinks Cutler is on the way out but from reports I've seen, we are keen to keep him.

Sadly I think C Lyons, N Robbo and Walker may get the chop and possibly Eagles and Lester, although I think Archie should be one to go but probably won't due to us being pretty thin in the Ruck stocks,

I'm really keen to keep Keays, Lewy and Matho and will be really disappointed to lose any of them.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out of all the list movements, looks like Walker was the only one that massively contradicted the bf consensus. Hinge and Eagles the luckiest to get another year

Back