Opinion Port Adelaide post-match in Adelaide Oval's Magarey Room

Do you go to the Port Adelaide post-match?

• Yes, after every game

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • Yes, but only after a win

Votes: 1 3.2%
  • No, but I used to

Votes: 12 38.7%
  • No

Votes: 8 25.8%
  • There's a post-match?

Votes: 9 29.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I went to the magarey room GDV era

Never went to the hanger
Too busy kicking the footy whilst the fam enjoyed cold meats and beers dissecting the game waiting for the traffic to disperse

I was excited and happy after our win v Brisbane and wanted to bask in 'the vibe' a while longer. Popped along to the Magarey Room along with several thousand others. Dispiriting. Nice to chat with other happy fans for a bit but there's no effort from the club at all.
45 minutes of nothing with some kid I don't know trying to jolly us along. Finally Nathan Bassett and a few players turned up. Evans I guess representing the new players. Farrell as just played his 50th. Georgiades for no obvious reason.
So why do they run the function? It's obviously something they quite dislike. Is it an obligation imposed by the AFL or AO?
“Some kid I don’t know” is Jarod Walsh host of SEN breaky and our game day host. He’s a very different vibe to Barry Curtin and you’re right he probably confuses his role out in the ground to what’s required in the Margarey room. He definitely knows a lot about the club and has relationships with the players so I think he offers a bit of an insight into what’s going on around the club. Fun fact, he was also the game day host in Qatar for the World Cup and did all the Aussie games. There was a huge break between game and Margarey room on Saturday night, it doesn’t usually take that long but I think to be fair the players were on a huge high after winning and they stuck around in the change rooms for a bit longer.

Can’t remember who it was that said Kenny hadn’t been there for ages but he was definitely there last year a few times - Nathan Basset and Chadbro alternate.

I've only ever been to the equivalent of this for away games, I think i've maybe been to the Magarey Room once.

Can't say i've ever been to one that felt worth it. The GDV was so much better, I don't need to hear the players speak.

I don't want to but some people love that s**t and good on them

"Come along and get gaslit by our third string admin staff and underperforming coaches. Please refrain from comments about Ken Hinkley."

"Come along and get gaslit by our third string admin staff and underperforming coaches. Please refrain from comments about Ken Hinkley."
Cant wait to hear from.....Aaron Greaves.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Much like getting to Adelaide Oval early to bask in Port’s league-leading pre-match experience and vibe, going to the Magarey Room post-match used to be a staple of my match day but now has become so sterile that I don’t bother, and wouldn’t care if it was scrapped completely.

Baz Curtin is clearly a polarising figure on this forum but he was very good at the post-match gig, I’m sure Walshy is a great bloke but it’s got a soulless, corporate vibe about it now - with a liberal sprinkling of “Troo Belivahs” references thrown in.

“Some kid I don’t know” is Jarod Walsh host of SEN breaky and our game day host. He’s a very different vibe to Barry Curtin and you’re right he probably confuses his role out in the ground to what’s required in the Margarey room. He definitely knows a lot about the club and has relationships with the players so I think he offers a bit of an insight into what’s going on around the club. Fun fact, he was also the game day host in Qatar for the World Cup and did all the Aussie games.

Even funner fact: He's an Essendon supporting shill.

Back