Preview Port Adelaide @ Sydney - Round 1

Remove this Banner Ad

Champion data ranks westhoff as an elite forward. What more do you want? Super elite?
It would be nice if he racked up a greater % of those elite numbers inside the forward 50m arc not when he drifts back taking big intercept marks which gets big champion data points. The bloke should have kicked 400 goals by now, if he was a true elite KPF. He is an elite Utility player.

Last edited:
It would be nice if he racked up a greater % of those elite numbers inside the 50m arc not when he drifts back taking big intercept marks which gets big champion data points. The bloke should have kicked 400 goals by now, if he was a true elite KPF. He is an elite Utility player.
Agree. Elite forward - no way. His statistics given his roaming role inflate his rating IMO. Kicks nowhere near enough goals to be regarded as elite forward

Will be unable to watch the match live but will try to avoid the score so I can watch the replay later. The reason I won't watch it live is that I'll be in Glasgow to watch Ride and The Jesus & Mary Chain - I know most people couldn't care less but I guess Dylan8 would relate to it
Good get, was just listening to some of their new songs last night.

Feeling fairly confident for this Saturday's clash, mainly for two reasons:
1. It's the best balance side we have selected for at least two seasons. Players who could force their way into the side in the next few weeks would be Monfries, Impey & Krakouer, with a host of others breathing down their necks, and
2. We must eventually jag a win at Sydney, it's the old story of giving a typewriter to a monkey, sooner or later the monkey will type a word!
Go the Power!

Maybe Lade can help us with tactics to get over the line because we have struggled agianst them for so long. I know he started in 2010 with Hardwick at Richmond but since Longmire took over the Swans in 2011, Richmond's record against Sydney is 5-4. Its 1-3 at the SCG but 1-0 at ANZ Stadium. Mind you the last game was Rd 23 last year and it was a 19 goal shellacking by the swans

Because it means you can watch the game on Saturday evening?
The truth finally emerges. PAFC66 is actually a crow's troll who is not looking forward to watching GWS beat his beloved.

Last edited:
At least all the tipsters on the Marngrook Footy Show weren't just "Swans, Swans, Swans.....". Doug Hawkins went for us. Would have thought that given Shaun Burgoyne was one of the panel some vision of the Burgerslam would have been forthcoming but I was disappointed. There wasn't even any mention of Sam's strength in the tackle, just that he was one of the ins.

At least all the tipsters on the Marngrook Footy Show weren't just "Swans, Swans, Swans.....". Doug Hawkins went for us. Would have thought that given Shaun Burgoyne was one of the panel some vision of the Burgerslam would have been forthcoming but I was disappointed. There wasn't even any mention of Sam's strength in the tackle, just that he was one of the ins.
To be fair, if you were forced to put everything you owned on the game, you'd never pick Port.

Looking forward to see if Powell Pepper can stick a few on Kennedy. Kennedy knows how to make people stop arguing too

SPP launching at the Swans engine room on debut in general sounds like a bit of fun tbh

Good post. I too am looking to see how SPP approaches things this week. Might be a few sore swans after the game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The more I think about the game, the more bullish I become about our prospects this weekend.

We just can't afford one lax quarter like we did against St Kilda and Richmond.

I'm sure it has already been posted but apart from our 1st quarter effort against St Kilda and 2nd quarter effort against Richmond, we have kicked 98pts to 68pts.

We've had a good preseason, virtually an injury free squad and people playing for their careers, a great mix.

Fire up lads.

The more I think about the game, the more bullish I become about our prospects this weekend.

I'm sure it has already been posted but apart from our 1st quarter effort against St Kilda and 2nd quarter effort against Richmond, we have kicked 98pts to 68pts.

We've had a good preseason, virtually an injury free squad and people playing for their careers, a great mix.

Fire up lads.

Furthermore, in the remaining 6 quarters the opposition has managed 11pts a quarter against us. I recall Janus posting something similar.

Fire up lads.

The other day I watched the 3 pre-season games bar the 1Q v StK and the 2Q v Rich and came away feeling much the same - we're actually better placed than it initially appears.

For those that are interested, we've made 9 changes from our final team of 2016

In: Dixon, Eddy, Hartlett, Hombsch, Houston, Jonas, Powell-Pepper, Ryder, Wingard
Out: Austin (inj), Bonner (omit), Impey (susp), Krakouer (susp), Lobbe (omit), Palmer (omit), Pittard (inj), Schulz (ret), Snelling (omit)

Call me Mr Conservative :rolleyes: but I am putting the brakes on my expectations of SPP for his first hit out in the real stuff.
The swannies in Sydney is obviously one very tough assignment and it won't surprise me at all if he is on the pine for the first bounce, and isn't injected into the game until after the heat has gone off a tad.

For those that are interested, we've made 9 changes from our final team of 2016

In: Dixon, Eddy, Hartlett, Hombsch, Houston, Jonas, Powell-Pepper, Ryder, Wingard
Out: Austin (inj), Bonner (omit), Impey (susp), Krakouer (susp), Lobbe (omit), Palmer (omit), Pittard (inj), Schulz (ret), Snelling (omit)

Of those only two would be playing if there no suspensions or injuries. That's fantastic.

Call me Mr Conservative :rolleyes: but I am putting the brakes on my expectations of SPP for his first hit out in the real stuff.
The swannies in Sydney is obviously one very tough assignment and it won't surprise me at all if he is on the pine for the first bounce, and isn't injected into the game until after the heat has gone off a tad.

Nah mate he's gonna star!

25 touches, 3 goals, 10 tackles, 2 kills. Bookmark it! :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back