Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 2, 2014
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
The Rebel Alliance
Swans will be making like the FIFO workers of old, only with much better clothes and haircuts (excluding Errol. Seriously wtf were you thinking mate!) in a game where 5th plays 6th with some far reaching implications for both teams. From a Swans perspective we've got some challenging games coming up and the Eagles are finally starting to get players back and could leap frog us easily.

Last time we played: Port midfield of SPP, Boak and Wines completely spanked us with a total of 62 disposals and fifteen clearances between them. We need a way to shut them down, with that type of possession feeding into forward 50 our already under pressure backline will be destroyed.

And can we not not bomb it down AA's throat all night boys, that would be great, thanks.

I'm pleased Brand has been picked, think we need some tall timber in the backline and hopefully he can help McCartin out a bit. Gulden is a welcome return but first game back and all after a lengthy layoff I won't be expecting too much.

Ins: Errol Gulden, Kaiden Brand
Outs: McDonald, Wicks, Taylor

Match Centre Link:

We match up pretty evenly across the board statistically with some small differences attributed to each teams ' brand' aka Swan's tackle numbers are up vs Ports marks.

Its going to be a tough one, we look a bit too slow for mind and Wicks suspension isn't helping.... After last game's debacle against Hawthorn I'd be happy with a win of any type.

Port game.png

Last edited:
Aliir will give us a touch up if we have the same quality forward 50 entries as last week.

If we're serious about finals, we should give port a run for their money as they haven't been great against top 8 sides.

Depends what Swans show up for the game, but we do lift for good opposition

Game Day!!! Woohoo!!!

Don't care when or where it's being played as I can't go, but will be snuggled up warm on the lounge watching.

I don't subscribe to the 'lazy' POV for last weeks game, but think that 'tired' was probably true.

I'm looking forward to a lift in intensity and some of Erol's pretty slick ball movement.

The whole team should be refreshed from a week off and will be looking to make their mark.

Swans by 23!

Go BLOODS!!! :largeredcircle::mwcirlce::largeredcircle::mwcirlce:

Such a huge game for a number of reasons. A win goes a long way to locking down a finals spot. And this is a really good indicator to where we are at.

Port are gettable. Our record against the top dogs is ridiculously good so no reason why we can't continue that.

I'll be returning the rising sun to watch this. Carn bloods

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sorry just served a week in the hole with nowt but a baseball and mitt. I’m feeling restless.

I saw that. I cannot believe such a peace, love and happiness poster like you copped a ban. What happened?

Welcome back anyways.

We will get spanked. BIG TIME. Cant see us winning this. Form is in decline and we won't get close.

We got worked out after a month and it's been the Swans of old with hack Kicks forwards and ordinary ball use.

It will be all over by quarter time

Yeah whatever, but what does your daughter think?

I saw that. I cannot believe such a peace, love and happiness poster like you copped a ban. What happened?

Welcome back anyways.
Was a bit of a burger with the lot which included discussion of mods’ decisions so I’d best not discuss. Suffice to say not all Bolshies share your ability for self evaluation and your sense of humour.

I think I've been incredibly well behaved this year refraining from engaging in the Aliir Aliir debate, which I do have a firm view on.

Lifting that self-enforced embargo today if he plays a blinder against us.

Really just can't see us getting enough supply out of the centre and being able to stop them from scoring out of the centre. It's been a problem all year, and they got touched up in there against lesser midfields like Adelaide and St Kilda, so not too optimistic about their chances against Port's.

Hoping to see Hewett in the mids tagging Wines and Parker spending more time forward. I know it won't happen, but one has to have hope in life.

I liked it when Will Hayward on Thursday said "our hunt on the opposition"
I smiled when I saw Tom McCartin on TV news this morning saying how he loves being in the hub - no cooking meals, ...
Perhaps the hub life will suit the young Bloods (then I could think of only Franklin, Hewitt and Hickey ?? in today's team who would be missing their children).
We do lift when playing better opposition, pleased to see the energy and the lovely directed passes Gulden brings, Brand will change the look of our backline.
I wish Hayward and Papley were wearing microphones, as no doubt they will be stirring Aliir all day :)
Just no long bombing, boys.
Quietly confident about today.
The Bloods by 15 points (got that BruceFromBalnarring - points :D but then again goals would be nice?)

#GoBloods #bloods #ProudlySydney
Bloods 2021 2.jpg

We will get spanked. BIG TIME. Cant see us winning this. Form is in decline and we won't get close.

We got worked out after a month and it's been the Swans of old with hack Kicks forwards and ordinary ball use.

It will be all over by quarter time
The Geelong and Melbourne games were in the first month of the season, were they?

We should win this.
It's against a top 8 eight team
No one thinks we can win.
Port have some big outs.

Every other time we're in this position this year we've won. We play our best against top 8, don't turn up against bottom 4.

Plus actual game reasons. Like our young team is rested. Gulden who is already our best play-maker is back. Port are mentally soft.

It could be the post-bye, but already big upsets this round. Lots to look forward to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back