Autopsy Port downs Swans by 10 - Rd 15

Remove this Banner Ad

Pretty gutted.

Thats now the Dees and the Port games we got ourselves into winnable positions. I don't buy into the theory of "we just aren't good enough". We can only beat who is in front of us for the 2 hours. We had Port on the ropes, they looked out on their feet in the last quarter. Sure, we lack in some areas, but I believe we make up for it in other areas.

Fox was good
Buddy was good
Hayward was BOG for me. His follow up work was brilliant today

Get out of SA, back to Melbourne, and turn the attention to next week. It's a must win and a far more winnable game then today's.

felt we were the better side really, thats a compliment to the boys. but just annoying

dont know what to think really

defence is woeful at the moment, bar Cunningham

Pretty much what i reiterated in the game day thread.

Where was this effort last week? we would of beaten Hawthorn easily super inconsistent team never know what Swans will show up.

Those frees against Dixon were inexcusable he slotted both goals which were in the end the difference even worse as he was outnumbered 3 or 4-1!

We cant seem to get our major ball winners all firing in one game Heeney, Florent, Rowbottom all super quiet.

McCartin my god.. what has happened to him? Rampe is all over the place and makes some really weird blunders.

Effort was top notch especially in the last Franklin was inhuman.

We (barely) cling on to a position in the top 8 with Eagles, Bulldogs to come we have to win 1 of those to be somewhat comfortable.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who had Hayward as a most valuable player in their bingo?

Gulden needs to be allowed to be more involved. When he got on the ball... you can just see the class.
Missed wicks n Warner.
Dawson was immense.
Lloyd cannot defend.
Backline looked like a cat on lsd.
Soft as * frees...goals.

Happy but sad. Played well enough

Good game of football. Boys had a real dip.

Parker was immense. Not composed enough in the last 3 minutes but was a great game. Mills good too.

Rampe cops it in the game day thread but he’s playing on blokes twice his size every week and is still easily our best key back. Slowing down but still a good player.

McCartin geez he’s bad. Gets slaughtered one on one and disposal is horrendous. Far from the gun some proclaimed him to be. Lazy or unfit. Has talent, maybe just needs to get fitter.

You get what you pay for when you buy home Brand.

Fox, Gulden, Franklin all good.

We’ll still make finals

edit: Hayward good too

Good effort, s**t result. Weather played into Port's hands

Defence needs to evolve

If we earn a spot in finals it will be so sweet

That one hurt.

Hit the front with 5 mins left both tonight and against Freo. The good teams are going to win at least one, if not both of those.

Huge game against WC next week now, even more so if ESS keeps this up and beat Melb

Defence is average. Lacking a key defender as McCartin is lost at sea, Rampe past it and Brand no where near good enough.

We give away too many soft free kicks. McInerney game away a dumb 50m in front of the umpire that led to a goal. In a close game these isolated indirections cost us.

Positives we looked good forward with quick delivery.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back