Mega Thread Port Forum 'General AFL Talk' Thread Part 17

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matt Thomas shut down Lenny Hayes when we beat an in form st. kilda once.

That's about all I remember. Oh and I think he had some intestine/bowel removed because of some issue?
Had that one game vs Carlton in the wet where he was three Brownlow vote material.

So was Hammer and a few others though ahead of him.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Matt Thomas, along with Tom Logan, was peak 2011/12 Port. What a time it was to be alive.
Nah Logan was alright, just needed better players and system around him so he could perform his niche role.

Thomas however was not a better player and hindered any system from improving.

Nah Logan was alright, just needed better players and system around him so he could perform his niche role.

Thomas however was not a better player and hindered any system from improving.

Tom Logan was ok. Better than Thomas and he gave it his all, but he was the definition of 'if he's getting games on form, then your list isn't good enough'. Which our list wasn't during the time he was on it.

Why don't find a ruck we can rest as loose back? Ben McEvoy was no star but we was a premiership ruck who spent more time filling the gap in defence than up forward when not on the ball.

Jacko is all class - Peter Burgoyne who doesn't say much wrote on his instagram post

peter_burgoyne7
Proud of you brother - showed nothing but respect from day 1 and never did anything in second gear👊🏽 Enjoy your family and kid's. #respectbrother 🖤💙

Jacko says goodbye to AFL footy.

Easy to love that bloke.

Now he's home in Vic it might be hard but getting him back to the club in some capacity would be awesome. He's a guy you want around your club.

Easy to love that bloke.

Now he's home in Vic it might be hard but getting him back to the club in some capacity would be awesome. He's a guy you want around your club.
I occasionally talk to someone who knows Jacko very well here in Adelaide, and he still talks to Jacko every week. I was at this blokes business on a Wednesday in late August 2017 and the previous day Jacko spent all day with him after Ken at the Monday post Showdown game review told Jacko he wont be playing again in 2017. That night I teed off on here at Ken and the club for shafting Jacko after what he told me.

He said to me in September Jacko would probably retire at the end of the season and there is a 50/50 chance he will move back to SA. He said if the right opportunity came up, especially at Port he would consider it. He said Jacko has talked about going into coaching.

Last edited:
I occasionally talk to someone who knows Jacko very well here in Adelaide, and he still talks to Jacko every week. I was at this blokes business on a Wednesday in late August 2017 and the previous day Jacko spent all day with him after Ken at the Monday post Showdown game review told Jacko he wont be playing again in 2017. That night I teed off on here at Ken and the club for shafting Jacko after what he told me.

He said to me in September Jacko would probably retire at the end of the season and there is a 50/50 chance he will move back to SA. He said if the right opportunity came up, especially at Port he would consider it. He said Jacko has talked about going into coaching.
Hope so! Quality bloke ... Great clubman ... Forget his time at the Dogs, he will forever be a Port Adelaide player to me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

There's a reason they gave sauce a made up position.
The least they can do. Having had a brother pass away myself, the idea that any one could bring that up as some sort of motivation or group bonding exercise is mind boggling, to put it mildly.

The least they can do. Having had a brother pass away myself, the idea that any one could bring that up as some sort of motivation or group bonding exercise is mind boggling, to put it mildly.
Which is why I was surprised he went back. I suppose money talks.

Is that Max King? St Kilda just stressing to the world he can do whatever the * he likes. We've got him and you don't.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back