Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 22

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tommy could have kicked a goal and picked up an AB on O'Connell Street :D

When my brother went to Adelaide Uni he lived at St Mark's and although probably not in O'Connell St, he told of a burger place they used to frequent (maybe what's now the Cathedral Snack Bar) that they referred to as "Madame P's". Like the AB, the P stood for something that you couldn't say in polite company. And it was actually shortened from PF.

Hinkley is going to be the only coach all year not to get ruled out via Health and safety protocols.
No doubt we’d get Bassett anyway. Club wouldn’t risk Monty having a go and fans potentially seeing something resembling a gameplan.

Hinkley is going to be the only coach all year not to get ruled out via Health and safety protocols.

hqdefault.jpg

I’m mentally-preparing for the near future where aspartame is confirmed to have the very effect on COVID claimed by Ivermectin-proponents, and Rooch claims Hinkley’s resultant Nobel Prize as a win equivalent to Voss’ appointment at Carlton, or any premiership, amidst his 3-year extension to secure stability in our time.

When my brother went to Adelaide Uni he lived at St Mark's and although probably not in O'Connell St, he told of a burger place they used to frequent (maybe what's now the Cathedral Snack Bar) that they referred to as "Madame P's". Like the AB, the P stood for something that you couldn't say in polite company. And it was actually shortened from PF.

Madame pussyfart?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Keays is their brightest prospect - he's Captain this week!
Probably an unpopular opinion but I don't mind Keays.
Never going to have elite disposal but clearly has worked on it and improved markedly.
To go through being unable to get a game at AFL, being rookie listed, improve and get consistent game time and eventually being an AFL captain is no small achievement (even if it's in acting role for the neighbours!!)

Probably an unpopular opinion but I don't mind Keays.
Never going to have elite disposal but clearly has worked on it and improved markedly.
To go through being unable to get a game at AFL, being rookie listed, improve and get consistent game time and eventually being an AFL captain is no small achievement (even if it's in acting role for the neighbours!!)
TBH Keays would be fine as a 3rd or 4th mid if he wasn't paired with Sloane, Crouch and Laird.

Having 4 of them signed on long term though...

So were Sloane, Crouch and Laird :)

Give him time.

laird is still a pretty good player. crouch is an absolute crab and has been dropped for this week, he's a stat pig a bit like old rockliff was without the tackling and possibly even slower.

sloane was a bloody good player unfortunately he's hit the wall early and they signed him to a stupid long contract when he's been close to a liability for a couple of years already.

keays is still mostly a hack kick but busts his gut every game and seems to be getting better.

I wonder how much you can read into Knights getting the 1 week gig over Schofield
If I was to wildly speculate I'd say Schofield expected to be next in line for the top job and now that the Weagles are chasing Clarko he might not be feeling too great about it all.

Total wild speculation I've made up in my head by stacking unconfirmed rumour on top of unconfirmed rumour, of course.

I wonder how much you can read into Knights getting the 1 week gig over Schofield

a 15 goal flogging probably doesnt look great on his CV, whereas for knights it doesn't matter.

you could revive norm smith and jock mchale to coach with phil jackson and sir alex ferguson consulting and the weagles would still get destroyed this week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back