Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 26

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hawthorn’s midfield woes will need to be fixed without Will Day after the reigning best and fairest was ruled out for at least five more games.
Day has been sidelined since January with a foot stress injury, and while scans on Tuesday confirmed the foot was healing well the Hawks do not expect him to return until round 7.

When Freo launched with a green Guernsey wasn't there issues that it was too hard to see players as they camouflaged with the green grass? Or was that BS I read?

Will be interesting to see how TD go with one.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

James Sicily's ban has been downgraded to a fine. He is free to play against Melbourne.
Tehan on behalf of Hawthorn acknowledged the conduct of Sicily has no place in the game of football, a comment with which we wholeheartedly agree.
But he went on to submit that this observation is not relevant to the question of the degree of impact. That submission is well made.
Video evidence shows fairly clearly that the actual impact was negligible. It was well short of a full-blooded kick and there was no response from McGrath that would suggest he suffered any pain or even discomfort.
The medical report shows he suffered no injury.
There was of course some risk of an injury to McGrath. We assess that risk as relatively low.
The force of the kick was never going to do any serious damage to McGrath. We are not satisfied that there was a significant prospect of bruising.

James Sicily's ban has been downgraded to a fine. He is free to play against Melbourne.
Tehan on behalf of Hawthorn acknowledged the conduct of Sicily has no place in the game of football, a comment with which we wholeheartedly agree.
But he went on to submit that this observation is not relevant to the question of the degree of impact. That submission is well made.
Video evidence shows fairly clearly that the actual impact was negligible. It was well short of a full-blooded kick and there was no response from McGrath that would suggest he suffered any pain or even discomfort.
There was of course some risk of an injury to McGrath. We assess that risk as relatively low.
The force of the kick was never going to do any serious damage to McGrath. We are not satisfied that there was a significant prospect of bruising.
Naturally....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Didn’t see the incident, so can’t comment. But read Sicily and tribunal and thought “no surprise”.

Must have shares in the Hawthorn’s in-house legal consultancy.

Didn’t see the incident, so can’t comment. But read Sicily and tribunal and thought “no surprise”.
The BS commentary makes light of what happened but Sicily clearly lashes out with the boot - the fact the impact was minimal should have played no part in the penalty. There is no excuse for kicking another player - none.

When Freo launched with a green Guernsey wasn't there issues that it was too hard to see players as they camouflaged with the green grass? Or was that BS I read?

Will be interesting to see how TD go with one.

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk
LOL I don't think it matters do you? The AFL is a shitstorm of guernsey issues it'd be a shame if they missed out.

The BS commentary makes light of what happened but Sicily clearly lashes out with the boot - the fact the impact was minimal should have played no part in the penalty. There is no excuse for kicking another player - none.

That looked really ordinary. Should have been given at least a game. Vic discount.

For the dreamers, the Believers, the ‘my new second team’-ers. For Tasmanians and Tasmanians-at-heart. For the point provers and the pure footy fans. Thank you. With 100,000 Founding Members – and more to come – we are the team.

For the dreamers, the Believers, the ‘my new second team’-ers. For Tasmanians and Tasmanians-at-heart. For the point provers and the pure footy fans. Thank you. With 100,000 Founding Members – and more to come – we are the team.

lol - the AFL will probably include these $10 'members' in their official numbers when they're announced too.

lol - the AFL will probably include these $10 'members' in their official numbers when they're announced too.
Undoubtedly will be used for a "more people than ever were members of AFL clubs in 2024, the game is in a better place than ever". The twisting and contorting to manage the same headline in 2025 when all these foundation members drop off will be interesting, though. I bet they do something like count digital members as multiple unique members since sometimes more than one person watches a TV at once.

The lifting up of the other leg was just as bad plus the whole action constitutes a trip which used to be an instant ban at one stage. Imagine if one one of our players did that..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back