Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 26

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wright had full view of the contest. Don't tell me he didn't know the Sydney player was there until the last minute unless you're also arguing that he has no peripheral vision whatsoever.

It's just the Maynard case again. Or SPP. Or just about any high bump. You can't claim "football action" if you had full view of a contest, had time and space in the way you approached the contest, and then still charged in at full speed and bumped a guy in the head. Players will keep getting big suspensions until they figure out that they need to stop going into contests like that.

Wright had full view of the contest. Don't tell me he didn't know the Sydney player was there until the last minute unless you're also arguing that he has no peripheral vision whatsoever.

It's just the Maynard case again. Or SPP. Or just about any high bump. You can't claim "football action" if you had full view of a contest, had time and space in the way you approached the contest, and then still charged in at full speed and bumped a guy in the head. Players will keep getting big suspensions until they figure out that they need to stop going into contests like that.

Leigh Montagna "But he braced for contact" :confusedv1:

IMG_3215.jpeg
No Steven, it’s not just a coaches problems.

• show boating one-way running players, where is the player leadership?
  • list management that hasn’t addressed midfield issues
  • cultural issues that drove numerous stars out of the club
  • cultural issues that essentially sacked a player but somehow, he is now an essential cog in the midfield.
  • relying too heavily on key aging stars

I’m sure there are others. Port’s not perfect, but at least they don’t play like gangster-wannabe heros.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hi peeps, looking for two gather round tickets for the Port game. Cheers.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

It’s been revealed two Sydney Swans AFLW players were charged by police with possession of an illicit drug late last year.

Nine’s Tom Morris reported the pair were given a conditional release order after being caught with cocaine.

The case differs to that of players like Melbourne’s Joel Smith, who tested positive to cocaine, because it did not occur on game day and thus does not come under anti-doping rules.

Hello Power fans I had a question re tickets to this Saturdays nights game. Me, Mrs SC fish (who is a Melbourne fan but not a member) and our lad wanted to go to the game and sit behind the northern goals with the Melbourne fans - does anyone know whether seats in those bays (bays 145 and 146 I think) are released to the public at any stage? Ticketek is currently showing them unavailable so I'm assuming they are only selling to Melbourne members at the moment. Cheers

This is exactly the point that so many seem to miss these days.

The days of players bracing with a bump are gone. Brace with your arms, or crash into them with your arms out to cushion the blow.

We're so conditioned to a player sticking his hands out to brace and thinking it looks soft, but it's what needs to happen.

We're also conditioned to think that if you enter that contest you brace to bump to "make em earn it". Its gone. That brace move is now not allowed. It's time to brace with hands.

If you were on the street and you were running full pelt at someone, you wouldn't turn your shoulder in to brace, that's not what anyone would do. It's not that hard to think that someone would choose to brace without bumping.

Wrights was worse than SPP in mine, and worse again than Maynard's, but all 3 were suspendable and IMO all we're split second braces that were bumps.

View attachment 1939371

• cultural issues that essentially sacked a player but somehow, he is now an essential cog in the midfield.

I’m sure there are others. Port’s not perfect, but at least they don’t play like gangster-wannabe heros.
Would never, ever call out Hinkley in the same way.

View attachment 1939334
Finally something that David King has said that I agree with.

Not sure what magic markers have to do with football though….
What blows me away is the stats Dawson had on the weekend. Watching the game he looked totally ineffective. He was playing some weird defensive role on Danger which looked like a huge waste of their biggest weapon. Yet somehow the stats come up and he's had like 750 metres gained. Just shows their midfield is clearly a bit vanilla and lacks hurt factor.

What blows me away is the stats Dawson had on the weekend. Watching the game he looked totally ineffective. He was playing some weird defensive role on Danger which looked like a huge waste of their biggest weapon. Yet somehow the stats come up and he's had like 750 metres gained. Just shows their midfield is clearly a bit vanilla and lacks hurt factor.

they are 1 or 2 players away from a decent team.

I’m not looking forward to the showdown.

View attachment 1939371

I am completely against Rowey on this one.

I think their coaching and list management staff should get another 10 years.

I think they are doing an outstanding job.

View attachment 1939371

The coach has got one genuinely elite player (along with a few young forwards who could be potential stars)... wtf is he supposed to do? Ben Keays, 2024 Rory Laird and Sloane, Matt Crouch... that is a bottom 4 midfield on talent.

They generally sit sideways don't they? This guy was just enjoying the game lol. I dare say some extra training is coming to the security team thanks to him.

They sideways at the MCG but not AO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back