Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 26

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't remember a single reportable instance in that game.

The only one I could think of was in the first Qtr, Drew got a free kick for a push in the forward line - it was borderline tunnelling, he’d jumped to take the mark but Richmond player pushed lower body/legs causing Drew to rotate mid air, the AFL were hot on this 5-6 years ago. I guess we wait until someone gets seriously injured before they take action.

With regards to the Wright issue, I think it was a split second brace decision - but that’s no longer allowed. The only way to avoid suspensions would be to drop contact to the lower body (below shoulder height), the player who broke Mays back has no case to answer.
Historically players have been told that as long as they keep their eye on the ball then they would be protected by the tribunal, but now they need a third eye to monitor their surroundings at all times.

It’s becoming a hot mess..

I don't know about Wright. If a Port player did that I'd probably argue there was no strong intent and could live with 2-3 weeks. Looks like they're gunning for 4+ though which to me seems harsh but they've kind of dug themselves in to a hole here with precedent.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From Gary Lyon.

Who says no, petty for tillthorpe?

Goes to show they are worried Petty isn't staying past this contract. Crows front runners apparently. Would be a decent get

Gary Lyon has just joined his mate Cornes in the special AFL media group.

Tillthorpe, a pick 2, highly rated key forward. Petty although very good is not a player you base your forward line around for the next generation.

That would be Kennedy level trading. Unless it came with Petty and multiple firsts.

From Gary Lyon.

Goes to show they are worried Petty isn't staying past this contract. Crows front runners apparently. Would be a decent get
if be driving him to the border if i was them.

Petty is miles better

From Gary Lyon.

I would think Adelaide, but then I think Petty is overrated. He's a solid third tall who looks good playing alongside May and Lever.

Like Collingwood once thought Clay Sampson was a star playing alongside McLeod, Ricciuto, Goodwin and Edwards.

Then again, Adelaide want to pay Petty $1M a year, so they will have to cough up something good.

And for balance I'm not convinced about Tilthorpe, he looks like an Adonis, but he cracks the sads really easily. Not sure of his mental strength.

Thilthorpe is a rich man's Josh Jenkins. That's not a compliment.

Wayne Carey has declared he will stop watching AFL games if Essendon’s Peter Wright is suspended for his bump on Sydney’s Harry Cunningham.
Wright is all but certain to be sidelined for several matches when the AFL Tribunal meets on Tuesday night to decide his fate.

Crouch coming back into favour has actually made them more vanilla again, they should've got rid of him you don't roll with similar types who only play in a phone box.
They really have shot themselves in the foot not getting rid of him.

It was hard enough working him out of the team the first time given his stat padding.

Now that he is back and the media on on board with his redemption they seem stuck with him.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

they are 1 or 2 players away from a decent team.

I’m not looking forward to the showdown.
They really aren't.

They are short on quality key defenders, a quality key forward to replace Tex, a damaging ruck and most importantly 2 damaging mids.

They might develop them internally but most likely they won't.

Read their potential ins on the Crows board changes thread and you realise how lucky they have been with injuries recently. Their depth is paper thin.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back