Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 27

Remove this Banner Ad

Whether the first game of the round is a Thursday or Friday night I only seem to tip about 1/3rd of the winners. Its why I cant win a tipping comp. Another error tonight.

My default tip now is the home team which isnt great because when I go for the away team, the home team finally wins. I know Docklands is both teams home ground, but the home team have more supporters there as members get the game with their membership.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I’m glad we have a Thursday night ammo’s training blockbuster tonight.

Rory Lobb looks like the guy who doesn’t train, rocks up pissed and late to most games but gets selected in the A’s as he kicked 10 in round 3, 2009.

Hope Bevo gives it back to a few in the media at his presser, to match their attacks on him.
Yeah those jokers in the media that were calling out him not selecting Bailey Dale last week.

His return this week of 39 possessions in a best on ground really showed those media pundits who were saying he should be in the team...

Yeah those jokers in the media that were calling out him not selecting Bailey Dale last week.

His return this week of 39 possessions in a best on ground really showed those media pundits who were saying he should be in the team...
They might have got that right but they have been speaking a whole lot of bullshit.

That wasn’t a bad response to being made sun last week by Bailey Dale.

Surely Nathan Buckley buys all that gear back?
Why? He is selling it to pay off the ex. If he had the money he wouldn't be going thru this.

I can see McGuire or one of his mates buying the lot in one hit, keeping it quiet so the ex doesn't think he/they bought it at way below market value and then giving it all back to Bucks for nothing in a year or twos time after the dust has settled.

No way, letting some foreign bank destroy local architecture and history to build a monstrosity that will last a decade is cultural vandalism.

It has to be balanced out though with the need for cities to be living breathing places that are responsive to the needs of living residents. It's very rare that a building of genuinely significant heritage value is destroyed (which I acknowledge means something different to everyone).

Look at the opposition to the Adelaide Oval development just over a decade ago. These people ranting to anyone who would listen that we were ruining it's iconic status and the National Trust threatening to take it's heritage status away (lol) in an argument against the redevelopment. The stadium redevelopment revitalised the city and the Adelaide Oval remains revered as one of the most beautiful cricket grounds in the world.

Unfortunately the world is full of nimbys weaponising heritage listings to halt progress that isn't the sort of progress they personally want. This shed listing is ridiculous. It's a shed that wasn't heritage listed for 100 years until there was discussion of using the site for a stadium. I can't even really think of something that a shed could be credited with from a cultural heritage perspective that would make retaining it a better option for the Tasmanian people than a stadium for their AFL team.

Why? He is selling it to pay off the ex. If he had the money he wouldn't be going thru this.

I can see McGuire or one of his mates buying the lot in one hit, keeping it quiet so the ex doesn't think he/they bought it at way below market value and then giving it all back to Bucks for nothing in a year or twos time after the dust has settled.
Given the value vs the value of their other assets & he's not happy about it etc. it just seems a tad odd for a lousy 100k in his/her world. I can't understand why he wouldn't have the coin with his media work etc. over the last few years to avoid this stuff going to auction & appea$e her on it.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back