Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 27

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great spoil by Tom Stewart
This has been a good match
Every time the Cats look like running away.The Bullies respond.
Bontempelly what a footballer

"Collar Jazz-Knee" according to AI

IutVFBm.jpg
RoBo294.jpg

Geez really like Ed Richards left leg,beautiful kick.Also the bullies young full backAfrican boy.
Wonder if theirs more African or Irish boys playing Afl atm.

Lol these commentators are classic.

If I'm the English I get the ball to Bontempelli. Cats have to get a body on Bont to stop him running at the ball. Have to keep the ball out of Bont's hands, don't let him burst out of the square.

English taps it to Liberatore.

English to Libber, of course, who else?

Well, Bont, apparently.

Another blonde haired baby faced Geelong nobody with broad shoulders and arms bigger than their legs

Sent from my Nokia 7.2 using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Lol these commentators are classic.

If I'm the English I get the ball to Bontempelli. Cats have to get a body on Bont to stop him running at the ball. Have to keep the ball out of Bont's hands, don't let him burst out of the square.

English taps it to Liberatore.

English to Libber, of course, who else?

Well, Bont, apparently.
Was having a laugh also, No Dennis Cometti’s in that lot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Location, Location, Location.

If you wanted proof that Don Bradman f@cked over footy for 50 or 60 years in this state with his - an eastern grandstand will spoil my Oval attitude - Gather Round is proof, and as discussed by John Ralph.

An AFL game will be heading to the Barossa region next season, with the South Australian government set to make an announcement next week.

SA Premier Peter Malinauskas has been vocal in his pursuit of a game in the world-famous wine region, with Gather Round locked into Adelaide until 2026.

As recently as Friday afternoon chief executive Andrew Dillon and Malinauskas have confirmed the details are close to be ironed out, with an agreement now close to being formalised.

Significant investment is being made into the Barossa’s recreational facilities with a view to being ready for a game in 2025.

The Barossa District Football Club plays at Williamstown Oval, but venues in Lyndoch or Tanunda are understood to be more realistic.

Lyndoch is set for a $42 million facelift, but work has been underway for some time in Tanunda and could be the Barossa’s golden ticket for a showpiece event in 2025.

The new Barossa venue will be the 51st ground used in VFL/AFL history — and likely the first to have Penfold’s Grange available on tap.

Tanunda think the game will be played there 🤔

Chris Scott was port coach the last 12 years would of been attacking footy pr0n and a flag or two

Chris Scott was port coach the last 12 years would of been attacking footy pr0n and a flag or two
You would think he would have done things differently for sure.
Would have that turned into premiership’s ?
Nobody can 100% answer that either way.
What we do know 100% is we need change.

Will Geelong ever just * off?
The only Vic side with a true home ground (complete with home ground umpiring every side except Port gets) for games against non-Vic/small Vic sides and ‘away’ games against Vic sides at Docklands or MCG. When you get the best draw every year, due to this, they have to be truly shit to miss finals. Yet another reason too hate this league.

Last edited:
Chris Scott is fantastic. The single worst mistake we've made in our time in the AFL was not doing whatever it took to give him the keys back in 2010.

The only Vic side with a true home ground (complete with home ground umpiring very side except Port gets) for games against non-Vic/small Vic sides and ‘away’ games against Vic sides at Docklands or MCG. When you get the best draw every year, due to this, they have to be truly s**t to miss finals. Yet another reason too hate this league.
Yes but they're very upset about how unfair Gather Round is, those nasty South Australians getting an unfair advantage, we won't stand for it.

Plans to significantly expand the AFL’s Gather Round have been roundly hammered by footy fans.
The concept itself has been a polarising one among footy folk, with many considering it a knee-jerk reaction to the NRL’s Magic Round, which has gathered all teams in Brisbane since the 2019 season.
The new idea for Gather Round has since been widely panned by footy fans on social media.
“Ah, so no gather round,” quipped media personality and Olympian Georgie Parker, reflecting the thoughts of most. “Got it.”
Journalist Leo Puglisi was another to slam the new concept.
“This is why we can’t have nice things, three gather rounds is a stupid idea,” he tweeted.
A number of other reactions centred around a perceived cash grab from the AFL.
“So basically get a good idea and flog it to death for as much sweet sweet money as possible until any semblance of joy is drained dry,” was one response. “Maybe we can have multiple grand finals each year too,” suggested another.
“Trust the AFL to milk the crap out of something so it loses its appeal,” added a third.
A number of AFL fans have expressed an interest in heading to Adelaide during the current incarnation, which has enjoyed mostly packed stadiums this year.

I still remember this, the exact opposite situation for Carlton, and it went their way that day too.

https://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/...n/news-story/14fb96277b3a717305020c35b77fa011

Ah the famous Colquhoun incident. That game was also famous for the sling tackle on Robbie Gray which obviously didn’t deserve a free kick within scoring range and the perpetrator, old friend Gibbs, got (I think) a two match suspension for it and the free kick that the Carlton bloke got and took the play on to advantage rule and had go at kicking a goal, sadly he missed but no worries you can come back and have a proper shot at the goal, result a goal. The lead umpire was our old friend Nichols, by the way.
A funny note after the final siren, a Carlton player for some reason was slow in leaving the field of play with the rest of his cheating mob and I was verbally giving him heaps, the cheating ****** ‘player’. He must have heard me as he slyly gave me ‘the finger’. I’ve should have taken that outrageous gesture to me further.

Last edited:
Chris Scott is fantastic. The single worst mistake we've made in our time in the AFL was not doing whatever it took to give him the keys back in 2010.

Geebung winning every close one shits me to no end. They have no right to be good with that list.

I suspect the old bags of bones might tire during the winter period (I hope at least)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back