Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 27

Remove this Banner Ad

People who want a tassie team are the same people who demand a 90s snack food from their childhood is brought back into production. Then one day it actually happens and they buy it once and never think about it again.
Chips Conan Obrien GIF by Team Coco

Harris Andrews? Really?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just saw this on Twitter. If you want another reason to dislike one of the Scott brother there is a good one ☝️

He's already had his second chance, and a few more chances after that.

Jasper Pittard in the background lol.

He's been around since Jasper Pittard, that's more than enough chances.

Is that the right Tom Morris? Or is that at spam account as well.

I really hope Elon The Great And Powerful knew full well what he was doing by monetising the blue tick as part of a wider grift.

If he truly believed the ‘lords and peasants’ angle (and the totally unforeseeable Eli Lilly debacle suggests he did), he should have stuck to telling smart people to build rockets and cars.

“Is this blue tick the real person/entity?” is such an absurd outcome for a zillion-dollar takeover.

There was a faux debate between McLure and Richardson on this. This tweet sums up it up perfectly imho.

I haven’t been to an interstate game since R Gray’s final showdown (I live in Sydney, so pretty much every game is interstate).

I stopped going as I couldn’t plan it and it’s too expensive at short notice to fly the family.

That tweet is 100% correct. But the AFL won’t care, tv revenue is more important.

Fresh off hosting the rivalry’s first one, the Crows are set to push the AFL for their home match against Port Adelaide to become an annual, standalone Thursday or Friday night fixture.
A crowd of 52,106 were at Adelaide Oval on Thursday night – the largest Showdown attendance since April 2017 and largest crowd for a Crows home match since that year’s preliminary final against Geelong.
Crows chairman John Olsen told the Australian SA’s rivalry deserved primetime billing.
“We will certainly be submitting that we should be having a nationally televised standalone Showdown every year,” Olsen said.
“It showcases one of the great rivalries in the AFL and there is no doubt in my mind that we are entitled and should have that type of event shown nationally across Australia, showcasing the best of South Australian football on the national stage.
“We are entitled to be on the national stage, like the eastern state clubs.
“It was something the club fought hard for last year.
“We were able to attract 52,000 fans, the atmosphere was outstanding and the stadium electric, I’ll be interested to see the broadcast figures.”

Fresh off hosting the rivalry’s first one, the Crows are set to push the AFL for their home match against Port Adelaide to become an annual, standalone Thursday or Friday night fixture.
A crowd of 52,106 were at Adelaide Oval on Thursday night – the largest Showdown attendance since April 2017 and largest crowd for a Crows home match since that year’s preliminary final against Geelong.
Crows chairman John Olsen told the Australian SA’s rivalry deserved primetime billing.
“We were able to attract 52,000 fans, the atmosphere was outstanding and the stadium electric, I’ll be interested to see the broadcast figures.”

A cut and paste from the Footy Industry board 2024 ratings thread.

#AFLCrowsPower
Reach 1.753m
Average 585,000
Metro 414,000 [Syd 15k Mel 181k Bri 14k, Adl 172k Per 32k]
Regional 171,000
Not much different to stand alone games involving 2 Vic teams. From The_Wookie s posts in the thread with links
Friday
#AFLDogsBombres
Reach 1.720m (#2)
Average 596,000 (#7)
Metro 415,000
Regional 181,000(Syd 11k Mel 277k Bri 24k Ad 62k Per 42k)

Thursday #AFL Ratings Update
Saints/Bulldogs
Reach 1.561m
Total TV 443,000
Metro 284,000 (Syd 9k Mel 168k Bri 10k, Adl 61k Per 35k)
Regional 159k

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back