Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 27

Remove this Banner Ad

Russell died months before that game, not days. The game should have been a celebration of his life and career and they looked like they couldn't give a *. For me that's the most unforgiveable of the Hinkleyball disasters
Even if had been recent, compare with earlier games after signicant club people passing away. We smashed West Coast by over a hundred after Fos passed away. Then the big one, of what Port is versus what Port was is when Anthony Williams passed away and the players dug deep for a famous win after an awful week.

Richmond should have let Andrew McQualter keep the seat warm for 2-3 years while they bottomed out, then got someone like Adem Yze.

Unfortunately Yze got the poisoned chalice and has committed career suicide.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just watched my first NRL game in ages. The one thing that stands out is the quality of the video for their video ref/captains challenge. High definition, multiple angles (not sure if thats provided by the broadcaster or the league).

One thing we'd all be pleased about if the AFL did copy...

Also, they've ditched their two referee system and gone back to one. Didnt seem to me to affect the quality of the officiating.

PS, the winning coach just shook hands with the assistants in the box. Presumably because it's only round 10.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back