Mega Thread Port Forum General AFL Thread Part 27

Remove this Banner Ad

He took the Bunnies to a GF they should have won; since he left, we are last.
He currently has the newest club in the league Top 4.

A gun worthy of the hire tbh.

Don’t doubt he is a gun for hire and he will probably coach until he is 100, given he walked out on his wife and children a few years ago.

For the record, South Sydney were never going to knock of Penrith in the 2021 grand final. Not after the debacle of Penrith’s 2020 GF.

Bennett also lost the 2015 GF when he went back to the Broncos. Thurston won it for Townsville in golden point

Don’t doubt he is a gun for hire and he will probably coach until he is 100, given he walked out on his wife and children a few years ago.

For the record, South Sydney were never going to knock of Penrith in the 2021 grand final. Not after the debacle of Penrith’s 2020 GF.

Bennett also lost the 2015 GF when he went back to the Broncos. Thurston won it for Townsville in golden point
Rubbish, they barely beat them, a stupid mistake cost and a missed conversion.
Rabbitohs also beat them in the QF.
Latrell cost us the premiership with his stupid sending off. I'll never forgive him that.

I had tickets and everything booked, then there was a Covid outbreak in Brisbane that week!

Coaches in the AFL do have a weird air compared to other codes, I'd have no issue if there was more movement & contracts offered and signed before departing the current club.

One way to stop clubs getting comfortable and stale.

Name one coach/club that’s comfortable and stale, just one?

Didn’t think so

Haha - with the NRL's Magic Round happening in Qld this week, apparently Richmond haven't been able to find enough accommodation and will have to sleep at the airport. And no, not an airport hotel :oops:
Poor planning on their part. If it was due to the floating fixture I could understand but….

Poor planning on their part. If it was due to the floating fixture I could understand but….

Maybe they could get a pre-dawn flight up there on game day, move the game to lunch time, and then catch a plane back to Malbun before the curfew. Would the AFL ever consider anything remotely like that?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I always thought Sonny had won a Magarey Medal, but that must just be the Mandela Effect. Good to see him get this recognition though...

Maybe they could get a pre-dawn flight up there on game day, move the game to lunch time, and then catch a plane back to Malbun before the curfew. Would the AFL ever consider anything remotely like that?

Because of a Melbourne teams incompetence? "What day would you like to play?"

Because of an interstate teams incompetence? "The AFL cannot change the fixture at this stage due to prior arrangements with broadcasting and sponsors".

I always thought Sonny had won a Magarey Medal, but that must just be the Mandela Effect. Good to see him get this recognition though...

I believe there was only one back pocket player ever to win the medal and that was our own Trevor (bubbles) Obst.
R.I.P

This is actually a good articles. Never would have guessed the photo was a Central's v Port games.

Centrals did had some awesome strips back in the early days.

This is actually a good articles. Never would have guessed the photo was a Central's v Port games.

Centrals did had some awesome strips back in the early days.

Yeah, until they went for the wishy-washy white with the vertical stripes. Word is that Footscray donated their original jumpers, and I guess red, white and blue was a nod to all the to-and-froms in Lizbeff.

Interesting fact: Sonny was the first Centrals player to get a kick in their first game in the big league.

I do like the idea of celebrating the team who finishes top more.

An interstate side winning the GF is near impossible. I look at it finishing top or making a GF for an interstate side is winning the season, winning GF is miracle making

Remove this Banner Ad

Back