Port v Freo trial

Remove this Banner Ad

3/4 time Port 6.8 Freo 14.6

Salopek playing well, sounds like Gilham played. All I could get from Rick Davies on 5AA.

Oh well, not too surprising.

I've just got back from the footy, and basically, we played crap! We've got a lot of work to do before the beginning of the season. Brogan dropped marks that he should've taken, Pickett did bugger-all.......the orange maggots were also crap, don't think I've ever seen such ****house umpiring before.
And the frockers supporters were just as feral as ever......someone should remind them that it was only a trial match & that will be one of their only wins for the season.....oh, we did remind them......
anyway, I'll bugger off now..... :(

I was at the game tonight. A quick rundown.....
Very hot conditions, quite humid, no breeze to speak of.

Thurstans played well at CFB. Impressed with Cassisi and Gu, a line ball for BOG. A few good things from Stevens, Dew and Gav. Lade was ok up forward, the ball just wasn't getting there directly, we lacked the spark from the centre, although Primus tried his heart out all game. Umpires were very average. Overall very disappointing, but no injuries that I know of.

Originally posted by port1978

And the frockers supporters were just as feral as ever......:(

Better look in the mirror sometime Port1978.

It's only a practice match, but Pickett is alot better player than he showed tonight, he was more intent on getting heads than the ball, and looked very uninterested at times.

Mr Brogan will be doing a bit of praying this week.

It's hard to get a line through form in these pre season games, but I think your midfield was functional (down on normal production) but your backline looked slow off the mark.

Originally posted by port1978
And the frockers supporters were just as feral as ever......

how so?... Stifling, steamy weather like this does get some people a bit hot under the collar.

Enlighten me with what you considered to be the most trashiest, un-necessary acts of thuggery you witnesssed at Subiaco this evening...

Hey don't get steamed up all over again, feral supporters are good value.

I've said on the main board it looks like Connolly has lost the plot already.

AS for the incidents, it usually takes at least 2 but if the game ever makes it to TV I will post some objective, balanced, reasonable comments about this, showing how it was not Port's fault.

AS for the main thing, I agree, while winning the pre-season means little in the end, it sure as hell beats the way we appear to be travelling at the moment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As long as they're only one week suspension, I don't think anyone will give a ****.

Thank god we lost again. I want to lose all the damn preseason matches. Maybe the club have finally learned to peak the players a bit later in the year.

By the way, how did Francou and James go? Sounds like we had trouble clearing it from the middle.

Originally posted by Pred
Thank god we lost again. I want to lose all the damn preseason matches. Maybe the club have finally learned to peak the players a bit later in the year.

By the way, how did Francou and James go? Sounds like we had trouble clearing it from the middle.
Francou did alright.....probably one of our best players for the match, along with P. Burgoyne. Yes, we did have trouble clearing from the middle. I also noticed that with kick-ins from full back we kept kicking wide & not down the centre which was very frustrating to watch.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back