Game Day Practice Match | North Melbourne v Melbourne | Feb 28th 1.10pm @Arden St. [Live on nmfc.com.au]

Remove this Banner Ad

Wasn't that his only touch? Not that I'm against it, he's doing better than Pickett who nearly kicked a "brilliant" goal from one ft out , but somehow he missed it.:rolleyes:

He’s literally played about 5 mins.

Pickett has been good.

Sloppy game so far.

Most of their scores from D50 turnovers.

A few shining lights though.

Zurhaar/Hosie/Taylor should be the smalls for Rnd 1.

Garner can start in the VFL.

Xerri looks bettter than Campbell out there, going to do some awful things to VFL ruckman this year.

Ahern pretty easily our best mid out there.

Bonar was decent when he came on in the second half of each qtr.

Jmac and Durdin have had shockers.

Durdins played OK and attacked the ball quite well but his decision making and delivery is deplorable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Everyone talks about Aherns footskills but i dont see them. Everytime he gets it, its a rushed kick & a turnover.
He is a good kick with time n space but today he has mostly been pox.

Sloppy game so far.

Most of their scores from D50 turnovers.

A few shining lights though.

Zurhaar/Hosie/Taylor should be the smalls for Rnd 1.

Garner can start in the VFL.

Xerri looks bettter than Campbell out there, going to do some awful things to VFL ruckman this year.

Ahern pretty easily our best mid out there.

Bonar was decent when he came on in the second half of each qtr.

Jmac and Durdin have had shockers.
Agree with all of this. Xerri is a very exciting prospect.
MacMillan deserves to start the year in the VFL but I’m not sure who we actually have to play small/ medium back roles

Durdins played OK and attacked the ball quite well but his decision making and delivery is deplorable.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nah,

He’s no good. I haven’t seen any major improvement in years.

12 possessions a game from switch kicks, flat handing contested marks and 1 or 2 spoils a game (generally with no assertiveness) isn’t an AFL defender.

This season is shaping up to be a shambles. I don’t care if it is a practice match or not, AFL footballers should not have skills this poor.

My eyes are bleeding watching us continually butcher the ball. In fact I can’t watch anymore, it’s ******* horrible.

Calls need to be made now in players who can’t use the ball. These are senior players that will never improve. Make the call Rhyce, it’s not worth giving these spuds anymore game time. Use it as a development year to blood players who we know will make the level given exposure.

Brown, Goldstein, Cunnington, Higgins, Ziebell, Polec, Simpkin, LDU yet to touch it.

Disappointing.
I suppose we don't know what role they've been told to play, although it would be unlikely that was do nothing, look s**t and don't get a touch.

Nah,

He’s no good. I haven’t seen any major improvement in years.

12 possessions a game from switch kicks, flat handing contested marks and 1 or 2 spoils a game (generally with no assertiveness) isn’t an AFL defender.

People are far too soft on Durds for some reason around here.

I fail to see where the hype is coming from, he's shown barely anything since he's been drafted.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People are far too soft on Durds for some reason around here.

I fail to see where the hype is coming from, he's shown barely anything since he's been drafted.

There’s hype?

Seriously though, we are about to start a painful and prolonged rebuilding process that should have started at the end of 2016. s**t 4 years + ahead.

Pfft please.. Tippa has had 1 touch while Picketts had 7 disposals and already 0.2 on the board.

Picketts been good. Liked how he’s worked up in link up play.

Tippa has literally been on for about 4-5 mins though. Not really fair to judge a current VFL listed player to a top 12 draft pick either.

Xerri really solid, good intent, in the right areas.
Taylor class, toughness all in one package.
Ahern couple of nice moments, couple of hacks but been solid.
Hosie, fast, clean, agile, really like the look of him anywhere near the ball.

Backline has been dodgy when the ball has come in fast (which has been a lot), and even dodgier getting the ball out.
Midfield has been average at best, they've broken our lines on several occasions resulting in looks into open forward line.
Forwards have done okay with limited supply.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back