Pre Season Challenge: Melbourne Victory v Adelaide United Match Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Ray Nolan said:
I s'pose this means we need to keep an eye on our flags & banners to make sure no thieving gypo convicts pinch them eh.
Yes Ray keep all flags and banners in sight, looks like we will fighting our own come Saturday night, Victory Union banner of ours where stolen by our "Knights" friends when Thompson scored last SAT night, they refuse to return it, this is just one key reason Melbourne football will struggle, due to those who know how they are.

thrylos7 said:
i dont think hellas fans did anything, seeming as 99% of us refuse to give a cent to your club.

but your money must be on the ball, i can feel knights fans shaking in their boots

It's being sorted through both clubs as we speak, I apologise for naming Hellas and have edited my previous post, as for not wanting to give a cent to Melbourne Victory well..... if you have read the back on today's Herald/Sun it wont be needed.

Lol @ all of this, 1 match in and the union rebels cant even protect their property.

As thrylos said, i doubt their were many hellas fans in attendance, im sure the knights boys are sh1ttin themselves as well :rolleyes:

MACDAICOS said:
It's being sorted through both clubs as we speak, I apologise for naming Hellas and have edited my previous post, as for not wanting to give a cent to Melbourne Victory well..... if you have read the back on today's Herald/Sun it wont be needed.

Im not sure what your sorting out and who your sorting it out with, but i seriously doubt your going to get your property back, next time be a bit more smart and look after your own things, didnt think we would witness another heidelberg situation lol.

Ray - Do i read correctly? You and your mullet sport, flannel wearing Adelaide United supporting buddies are coming to drink our water and observe a quality football side in action?

I'm sorry you have to come to the hole that is known as Olympic Park, but at least the little tin shed will make you feel right at home. I'm just sorry i couldn't arrange for any barrels to be left in old banks for you.

(I think that just about does it with the tired stereotypes)

Great little deal they have with the bus from over your way. Kind of wish our club was run a little more like yours. It seems however we will have some problems (as we can see above) for some time to come.

I also like the way we've tried to price ourselves out of it. $22 for a pre season game? That'll bring the crowds in.

Anyway, i enjoy the little rivalry we have going on his board with all our respective clubs, so i just wanted to wish Ray and the other Sth Aussies coming over the best of luck on Saturday night. Just make sure you bring the tissues over for when Archie scores a few belters! :)

Arsene Wenger said:
Im heading over too. However not primarily for the Soccer. Im in Melb for the blues and the power but will go have a look saturday night.. AU wil win 1-0.

AW, if you are in Melbourne on Saturday afternoon from 2pm and you fancy having a few jars with fellow AUFC fans let me know & I'll PM you the details of the pub we're meeting in.

I liked this comment from Ross Aloisi in his press conference earlier today... "We are better than them."

I went along to their CWC match earlier in the season. AU were lucky to come away with anything. Let's hope United can run out the game a little better than they did last time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

MACDAICOS said:
Yes Ray keep all flags and banners in sight, looks like we will fighting our own come Saturday night, Victory Union banner of ours where stolen by our "Knights" friends when Thompson scored last SAT night, they refuse to return it, this is just one key reason Melbourne football will struggle, due to those who know how they are.

SAT is all set, you got mail.

Ray Nolan said:
I'm off down to Tardistan! Get out there and support your team Melbourne!

COME ON YOU REDS!

All the best bud! look out for those who steal banners and he who throws vege and coke bottles.

MACDAICOS said:
All the best bud! look out for those who steal banners and he who throws vege and coke bottles.

Surely as a former member of the Cardiff City Soul Crew you'd be used to such a thing? Or were things a little more reserved in the under 10's faction?

255 minutes without a **** goal against us and counting.

FT Tardistan silly people 0-0 Adelaide United

silly people are through on five points. We move to three. Ideally we want a 0-0 draw over in WA and we'd go through ... I think. 300 minutes without a goal against us.

We were unlucky not to nick a win with the pressure we built up in the second half we had plenty of chances but we just couldn't put them away. The first half was a lot of hit & hope stuff and the silly people had the better of possession. Qu really needs the ball to his feet so can't see why they play it long to him. Flanks were much better tonight with Pantelis left and Dodd right. We got good work & service down both. Ange was great as always, the defence very solid and dealt with the twin threat of Thompson & Sarkies running at them well and kept Allsopp out of the game. Ross was OK, I thought he played a bit deep tonight though. Veart put himself about and worked very hard as always - just needs to bury the chances that come his way.

Bugeja looked very good when he came on, the game turned in favour when got on and ran their defence ragged. Kemp also did well when he came on as well. All in all a decent performance, we are certainly not the easybeats the arrogant silly people thought we were and from what I saw tonight they are not as good as the tickets they have on themselves. Thompson, Sarkies & Claeys impressed me though. I felt on the balance of the chances we deserved to win but on the balance of play & possession they probably deserved it. In the end the draw was probably a fair result.

Crowd was just under 5K, a little disappointing although it was pretty cold. Even so that is no excuse. We were in fine voice all night, plenty of p1sstaking of the silly people and finishing off the songs they stole from us. Oh and plenty of waving of money in their direction just so they could see what it looked like. Shout out to the Union Gaffer for visiting us in the pub beforehand, good luck with it. Oh and Macdaicos, cheers for the beer mate, it was good to meet you. I'll return the favour when you visit Hindmarsh.

Ray Nolan said:
All in all a decent performance, we are certainly not the easybeats the arrogant silly people thought we were and from what I saw tonight they are not as good as the tickets they have on themselves.

Did a Victorian murder you in a previous life? Since when has anybody said we were fantastic (Bentleigh excluded)? As for the match, it was disappointing overall, we were lucky to hang on for a draw but I'm confident now that our defence will be one of the hardest to break down this season.

And,

Melbourne Victory: group winners
Adelaide United: also-rans

Semi will be an excellent game, we'll be without Archie unfortunately and the Mariners have probably been the second best team around so far. A good test.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back