Pre Season Challenge: Melbourne Victory v Adelaide United Match Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

raboyle said:
:rolleyes:

We only went to that corner to keep the peace.

You must be deaf if you didn't hear us though.
I heard stuff all out of you lot all night apart from a few claps in the warm up and some poor form of a reply to a Victory Chant.

:p

I love the interstate (rather than ethnic) rivalry's already

I'm getting some overly hostile vibes from Victory forum members.

Sure there is the interstate rivalry... but from what I've seen there, the line between ethnic and interstate rivalry is very blurry. Most of the members are posting messages that just cry out personal hostility, not typical inter-supporter hostility.

Lowie01 said:
Did a Victorian murder you in a previous life? Since when has anybody said we were fantastic (Bentleigh excluded)?

We read the MV Forum, we know that many people there have picked us to finish last and that they would stuff us in this pre-season game.

300 MINUTES AND COUNTING

raboyle said:
I'm getting some overly hostile vibes from Victory forum members.

Sure there is the interstate rivalry... but from what I've seen there, the line between ethnic and interstate rivalry is very blurry. Most of the members are posting messages that just cry out personal hostility, not typical inter-supporter hostility.

I don't contribute at the MV forum and don't know what goes on there but there was nothing personal said here.

Lighten up

sainter said:
I don't contribute at the MV forum and don't know what goes on there but there was nothing personal said here.

Lighten up

I'll lighten up when the people in question grow up a little. We all want this new league to succeed, maybe they should keep that in mind when dealing with opposition supporters. At least one of them did, who was the leader of the Union.

And I never mentioned you in that post, that was in response to mattyc2422's post.

raboyle said:
I'll lighten up when the people in question grow up a little. We all want this new league to succeed, maybe they should keep that in mind when dealing with opposition supporters. At least one of them did, who was the leader of the Union.

And I never mentioned you in that post, that was in response to mattyc2422's post.

Fair enough

I don't know what's happening with the supporters you are talking about but the majority of us are only interested in seeing our team (and the league) succeed.

If we can beat the SA team along the way it will only make it more enjoyable.

Ray Nolan said:
We were unlucky not to nick a win with the pressure we built up in the second half we had plenty of chances but we just couldn't put them away. The first half was a lot of hit & hope stuff and the silly people had the better of possession. Qu really needs the ball to his feet so can't see why they play it long to him. Flanks were much better tonight with Pantelis left and Dodd right. We got good work & service down both. Ange was great as always, the defence very solid and dealt with the twin threat of Thompson & Sarkies running at them well and kept Allsopp out of the game. Ross was OK, I thought he played a bit deep tonight though. Veart put himself about and worked very hard as always - just needs to bury the chances that come his way.

Bugeja looked very good when he came on, the game turned in favour when got on and ran their defence ragged. Kemp also did well when he came on as well. All in all a decent performance, we are certainly not the easybeats the arrogant silly people thought we were and from what I saw tonight they are not as good as the tickets they have on themselves. Thompson, Sarkies & Claeys impressed me though. I felt on the balance of the chances we deserved to win but on the balance of play & possession they probably deserved it. In the end the draw was probably a fair result.

Crowd was just under 5K, a little disappointing although it was pretty cold. Even so that is no excuse. We were in fine voice all night, plenty of p1sstaking of the silly people and finishing off the songs they stole from us. Oh and plenty of waving of money in their direction just so they could see what it looked like. Shout out to the Union Gaffer for visiting us in the pub beforehand, good luck with it. Oh and Macdaicos, cheers for the beer mate, it was good to meet you. I'll return the favour when you visit Hindmarsh.

Likewise bud, bit of a disapointing game and anti-climax (pre-match that is), can't seem to score against you blokes, ah well.......off to the semi's enjoy your rest, I'll take that beer at Hidemarsh to, fair play once again for coming over, you lads where in fine voice, we all had a bit of a chuckle with the money waving antics, the seeds have been planted for a pretty good rivalry there.

Cheers.

Average game - I'm worried about next week already with Archie out, Allsop didn't impress me at all.

Is Geoffrey Cleays Sami Hyypia in disguise? Absolute star at the back, I love him already.

Definitely a good move playing at Olympic Park, getting the fans on the terraces is a winner. Was impressed with the mix of supporters and the passion, will only get better once the real stuff starts.

When's the game next week? With no AFL on in Melbourne Friday night surely it will be then.

GOALden Hawk said:
Average game - I'm worried about next week already with Archie out, Allsop didn't impress me at all.

Is Geoffrey Cleays Sami Hyypia in disguise? Absolute star at the back, I love him already.

Definitely a good move playing at Olympic Park, getting the fans on the terraces is a winner. Was impressed with the mix of supporters and the passion, will only get better once the real stuff starts.

When's the game next week? With no AFL on in Melbourne Friday night surely it will be then.

Friday night 7.00 pm kick off. cant f***** wait!

raboyle said:
:rolleyes:

We only went to that corner to keep the peace.

You must be deaf if you didn't hear us though.

You looked all cute and stuff in your corner, especially when the whimpers drift across with the wind... :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's more than what we usually average. >=)

Ray Nolan said:
300 MINUTES AND COUNTING

I'm glad you're happy not scoring for 300 minutes - should be some exciting football at Hindmarsh this season then.

BTW, who you playing next week?

Lowie01 said:
I'm glad you're happy not scoring for 300 minutes - should be some exciting football at Hindmarsh this season then.

BTW, who you playing next week?

That's alright, you go your hardest for the B-Prize, we'll concentrate on winning the A-League instead (winning 1-0 every game if need be!) :p

I was at the game too - what a weekend of sport. Dogs eagles on sat arvo, victory and united sat night, port carlton sunday and then the charity shield sunday night..

I thought Adel United were terrible in the first half.. Im sorry but i dont think Pantelis is up to it.. Dodd was by far our best player. Qu was crap and i have not been impressed with him at all thus far. Back 4 once again pretty solid. Van domelle looks good. I was first to slag him but he showed he has the ability to play at that level. Ross and Ange look good in the middle. We certainyl lack up front..

Travis Dodd needs to play up front until we get a striker who is quick. veart and Qu just won't work

Arsene Wenger said:
I was at the game too - what a weekend of sport. Dogs eagles on sat arvo, victory and united sat night, port carlton sunday and then the charity shield sunday night..

I thought Adel United were terrible in the first half.. Im sorry but i dont think Pantelis is up to it.. Dodd was by far our best player. Qu was crap and i have not been impressed with him at all thus far. Back 4 once again pretty solid. Van domelle looks good. I was first to slag him but he showed he has the ability to play at that level. Ross and Ange look good in the middle. We certainyl lack up front..

Travis Dodd needs to play up front until we get a striker who is quick. veart and Qu just won't work

Were you standing with us mate, or were you elsewhere in the ground? Agree about Dodd, fantastic game wide right and then up front late on. I don't think Qu was helped by having the ball played long to him, he looks much more comfortable having it played to his feet. Veart for all his effort is more of a guy to bring on with 20 mins to go I reckon. Bugeja impressed me again, he has got the pace and I think the best we've looked going forward in the pre-season games is when Qu & Bugeja have been up front together. We do need another striker though, I wonder how much truth is in the Fernando Rech rumours doing the rounds at the moment ...

No i saw you guys but i was there with a few people from Melbourne too so I didnt want to bring them down to the Lions Den. Fantastic to see you guys there supporting the boys.. I know a few of the lads and my old man is good mates with Kosi all round he was happy with the effort. Im not conviced about Qu mate.. We could have easily got someone to play that hold up the ball skillfull striker role alot cheaper.. Rech would be good. Bugeja is more an athlete than a soccer player. But in saying that he is worth persisting with. You are right about Veart he is just about done id say and Lucas was terribly disappointing.. Big beltrame is very very good too!!

This should be our first XI IMO
Beltrame
Alagich Rees Valkanis V Domelle
--------Costanzo-----------
Dodd-------------------????????
-----------Aloisi--------------
-----Qu----------new striker----

We are still three players short of a side that will challenge... Bugeja will get a shot at that striker spot. Dont know about who can play on the left besides Lucas and Kempy but time will tell..

I thought Lucas did well given it was his first hit out, thought he posed more of a threat from the left than Kemp did. I think he just needs some time to get into it, we need his creativity. Looking at your side I think that is what I'd go with playing Bugeja up front (until we get Mori, Rech, whoever) and Pantelis on the left. The defence is definitely our strong point, the back 4 look very good and with Ange playing in front they are very hard to break down. Beltrame looks great as a shot stopper but he flapped at a lot of balls on Saturday night. He needs to be more decisive coming out to collect the high ball.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back