Vic Predict the outcome of the 2018 Victorian State Election

Remove this Banner Ad

This is impractical and disgusting. You're institutionalizing discrimination

What's next, have pubs and restaurants only accessible to sec gen Australians?

I thought it was a good and fair idea. But people are too hyper-vigilant towards any perceived racism these days. I guess it's more practical for our city remain unlivable so people don't feel discriminated against.

Never mind the fact the current infrastructure was never built for these people. It was built without immigration in mind and worked fine or much better, and now people can't use it. It's not right they're pushed off their own trains or can't get a carpark because people have decided to come here in waves to make money of our houses. I would've never even released land until the transport infrastructure had caught up. I mean people can't even get places anymore in their own city (rail or road) ever since our population/property boom. Second fastest growing city in the entire world I read somewhere.

Last edited:
I thought it was a good and fair idea. But people are too hyper-vigilant towards any perceived racism these days. I guess it's more practical for our city remain unlivable so people don't feel discriminated against.

Never mind the fact the current infrastructure was never built for these people. It was built without immigration in mind and worked fine or much better, and now people can't use it. It's not right they're pushed off their own trains or can't get a carpark because people have decided to come here in waves to make money of our houses.

Lol "perceived" racism? It's about as pure a form of racism as you could find.

I think people are very hesitant to see a separate class of citizen created. Once that genie gets out of the bottle ugly things happen.

It simply will never work and will never happen. But I think it's extremely unfair the city has literally been destroyed and brought to a gridlock all so a few developers can make big $$$

Lol "perceived" racism? It's about as pure a form of racism as you could find.

How so? There are hundreds of Australian Chinese that have been here since the 1800's. Kicking them off trains would be extremely racist. Kicking off people who shouldn't have a right to use them until they put in their part isn't even remotely racist.

It's not because of race. It's because these people haven't lived here long and are unaccounted for in regards to our infrastructure. It's extremely unfair of them to suddenly surprise us and overcrowd everything without warning. We need time to upgrade the city to accommodate them.

How so? There are hundreds of Australian Chinese that have been since the 1800's. Kicking them off trains would be extremely racist. Kicking off people who shouldn't have a right to use them until they put in their part isn't even remotely racist.

It's not because of race. It's because these people haven't lived here long and are unaccounted for in regards to our infrastructure. It's extremely unfair for them to overcrowd everything without a least a decades warning. We need time to accommodate them.

It's racist because it's discriminating against people based on whether they were born here.

They pay their way by paying a fare, obviously. Should we kick schoolchildren off public transport too until they start paying tax? You can't be serious.

It's racist because it's discriminating against people based on whether they were born here.

They pay their way by paying a fare, obviously. Should we kick schoolchildren off public transport too until they start paying tax? You can't be serious.

That's like saying I'm discriminating against people for not letting them drive my car. It's my car not theirs. It has nothing to do with race it has to do with what's fair. I'm kind enough to transport 4 or so people around in my car they don't own, but 3 in the trunk with my knees pressed into the dashboard is an absolutely ridiculous expectation

Am I racist for not buying a minibus and leaving the rest behind?

How so? There are hundreds of Australian Chinese that have been here since the 1800's. Kicking them off trains would be extremely racist. Kicking off people who shouldn't have a right to use them until they put in their part isn't even remotely racist.

It's not because of race. It's because these people haven't lived here long and are unaccounted for in regards to our infrastructure. It's extremely unfair of them to suddenly surprise us and overcrowd everything without warning. We need time to upgrade the city to accommodate them.

Non-residents pay more tax than residents.

They also have no tax-free threshold either.

Non-residents pay more tax than residents.

They also have no tax-free threshold either.

Then we can use all money they bring in to bring the infrastructure up to scratch much faster. Pay for it to be done in 2 years not between 2025-2050.

They haven't actually brought in the 200-500 billion our state needs to start all these projects today. Only real way to restore road and rail to previous efficiency is to go with my plan.

Then we can use all money they bring in to bring the infrastructure up to scratch much faster. Pay for it to be done in 2 years not between 2025-2050.

They haven't actually brought in the 200-500 billion our state needs to start all these projects today. Only real way to restore road and rail to previous efficiency is to go with my plan.

I hate to break it to you, but the engineering expertise to do that doesn't exist here, considering the other projects that are on. Ironically, to do what you're proposing, you'd have to get people in from overseas. People who'd be interested to learn that they're not allowed to use the rail network they're helping to build.

Or the Federal Liberal Government could give Victorians what they are rightfully owed, instead of 10% of the infrastructure funding for 25% of the population.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Or the Federal Liberal Government could give Victorians what they are rightfully owed, instead of 10% of the infrastructure funding for 25% of the population.
Or the federal government can continue spreading the money around to where it's needed most and one of the most prosperous states in the country with a very good standard of statewide infrastructure can just make do with less of a contribution.

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

Or the federal government can continue spreading the money around to where it's needed most and one of the most prosperous states in the country with a very good standard of statewide infrastructure can just make do with less of a contribution.

Agree.

States like New South Wales, who recieve 45 per cent of the infrastructure funding for the same population, should be giving money to the rest of the states including Victoria.

Agree.

States like New South Wales, who recieve 45 per cent of the infrastructure funding for the same population, should be giving money to the rest of the states including Victoria.
They received 45% in the last budget but not the current budget nor will they get it in the next budget. Money is allocated on an as-needed basis.

That's why it would be unpopular. It would be popular with the working public but not migrants. It's not really about apartheid it's more about how unfair migration is to people living in capital cities that aren't super rich and use trains. It would also only be temporary until the infrastructure catches up and becomes as uncrowded as before.

I've seen some bullshit on BF - but you take the cake. You are a ******* vile moron.

It surprises me that voting early has become "a thing". I love election day - what's not to love? Dogs to pat, sausage sizzles, cake stalls, coffee stands on a Saturday... why are people actively avoiding one of our democracy's great days?

It surprises me that voting early has become "a thing". I love election day - what's not to love? Dogs to pat, sausage sizzles, cake stalls, coffee stands on a Saturday... why are people actively avoiding one of our democracy's great days?
The whole lining up and waiting might be part of it.

Agreed.
When I was younger, I remember taking every parties pamphlets and then going home and reading them. Good times! Each volunteer would try and indoctrinat me into their parties ideology when I got to about 12. Fun times.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back