Preview Prelim Final Geelong v Brisbane Fri 16 Sept, 7:50pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Stewart, Rohan and Selwood, no Adams this time...but oh man, Kolodjashnij, how can he be 100%?

Not a snowballs chance in hell he goes anywhere if their are any doubts about symptoms from lingering concussion.
Their medical team are guns. No, he just sometimes takes longer than others to get the gist, always a stodgy player,
but dependable in the air.

One thing i noticed in the Bris v Rich final was Bris really over handballed at centre clearances and general midfield play - some i thought were miracle type handpasses and were not to their teams benefit at all - put the receiving player under tremendous pressure - actually it was a throw back to that 2010 PF = re Geel over possessing - which the team acknowledged and changed in 2011

Ij ust think that is an area on Frid night where Geel can hopefully have a big advantage if Bris over possess the ball re handballs- pressure them their and that part of their play will hopefully come unstuck

Strong emergency list named, sign of a really strong side. People can piss and moan all they like, but you WANT people to be unlucky if you are contending and at the pointy end, it's rough on those that miss out from a personal level but so so so good for the prospects of the team

Why does this forum never list the opponents side anymore?
Has it become an echo chamber?

Yeah, yeah I’ll now go look at the afl app.

Because they'd be the opposition and we're likely more focused on the Geelong team...

Also, I genuinely can't remember too many times where we've posted the full line up for both teams - pretty sure it hasn't been a regular thing over recent seasons for both line ups to be posted

Look im not sure why all the hate on kolo... look I understand his disposal of the ball when under pressure can be shocking... but as a defender he does a good job... especially if he went down and the have Joe and Hipworth, were getting a little stretch for height..
We can still match up good with Collingwood without him.
Id be very concerned if we play Sydney... Reid, Buddy, McDonald that in Sydney is very concerning in defence is not good if Kolo isn't playing...

I know that's next week, that if we get over Brisbane first

I hope Danger gets motor moutho Zorko, who'll be trying to prove something.

He has had an interupted season with injury issues - but he has had now 2 blocks of 2week periods - hopefully that helps his body tremendously

Thus id love him to perform like he did in the opening game of the season where he absolutely tore the Dons apart right from the very 1st bounce

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He has had an interupted season with injury issues - but he has had now 2 blocks of 2week periods - hopefully that helps his body tremendously

Thus id love him to perform like he did in the opening game of the season where he absolutely tore the Dons apart right from the very 1st bounce

Yeh, that's in my dreams tonight. Feel like he's going to smash them.

Parfitt is no where near as good as alot of Geel posters think he is

Geelong have had a very good year to date - and it is acredit to the mental toughness of the players to rock up again and win 18 of the 22 h/a games

The current Geel team are an ok to good side but far from some alltime conquering team - and when push came to shove the Geel selectors/match committee could not find a spot in the 22 for him that gives a true indication of that players ability - rather than all the overrated bull shiit you read from alot of posters

Extremely confident that Geel will win easily - a little bit concerned with Cam Guthrie - he didnt move well against the Magpies - and that poster last night - i think the information they gave was too detailed to be wrong

If Guthries good to go Geel by 38 pts - as every poster knows you cant trust Scott in what says re team selections ( unchanged ) so hopefully Cam isnt a late out
I am no selector but have a high opinion of Parfitt. If Guthrie comes out he would be a certain starter.
The MC is much better placed than me.
Lets see?

Parf's last three games in the regular season...

25 disposals, 6 tackles, 10 clearances, 17 contested possessions, 66% TOG
28 disposals, 2 goals, 4 tackles, 4 clearances, 10 contested possessions, 72% TOG
28 disposals, 3 tackles, 7 clearances, 12 contested possessions, 71% TOG

All very well to say that he's not guaranteed a spot in the team. But surely it's also very clear that he's quite unlucky not to be named in the line-up with numbers like that in recent weeks. I think the coach's consternation in the media last week about Brandan somehow not being selected right now accurately underlines the nature of the selection 'problem' facing the club in this finals series.

Good problem to have, of course. But you can guarantee he'd be in our opponent's side for this game if he was on the Brisbane list. He's a really capable player whose season might have just got away from him at precisely the wrong moment.

Scott’s suggestion today that MOC may tag Neale means there will definitely be a late change, right?

Really disappointed Parfitt still isn’t in, Brisbane’s midfield is easily the weakest of remaining teams, we should be loading up and aiming to smash them in the middle.
Why would you need more midfielders against a worse midfield when the opposition have a number of dangerous tall forwards?

Would be diabolical if Kolo has a shocker while Charlie Cameron has a day out running rings around our lumbering backline and Geelong loses the prelim by a goal.

That "lumbering backline" conceded the third least amount of points across the home & away season - one less goal and it would have conceded the least

Also not sure JK will be the one lining up on Cameron, that job surely belongs to Bews - regardless if JK is in the team or not

Would be diabolical if Kolo has a shocker while Charlie Cameron has a day out running rings around our lumbering backline and Geelong loses the prelim by a goal.

Don’t think we’ll lose this week regardless but it concerns me that in a further week we should be playing Parfitt against either the Swans or Pies and he hasn’t had a game in a month.

Brain dead selection by Scott, miers and kolo over parfitt? Seen these mistakes many times over the year's, hopefully doesn't back fire this time
JK likely only plays if 100% and he passes all required fitness tests

As for Miers - he's not a big possession player & doubt he ever will be, but based in his workrate, endurance and the connection between our forward 6, he's in our best 22 and omitting him now could potentially upset the balance & chemistry in our forward group

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back