Status
Not open for further replies.
Sniff sniff....

What's that smell....

Is it fear?
Is it pressure?
Is it tension.... anxiety....

Its unmistakeable....

Its the smell of the Cats into yet another Preliminary Final.... and everything that goes with it.....

After this game last year you've have gotten 50-1 for us making this... and im being generous.

No one expected this.

Players changed, coaches changed, attitudes changed, dependences changed - but there is still things that make it a Geelongy type feel....

Its all on the line - the time is now.

Joel Selwood equals Tucks 39 finals record. Win today he goes unparalleled at 40.

PFD need to be present but not star.. just do what he does - but if he can get 25 possessions and kick 2 or 3.... what a bonus.

Tomma - just needs an early one for confidence.

The fresh faces must also appear... and do what they have been doing all year. Take a breath, take it in, look around and then do your job.

Its the best chance we've had for a while - maybe since 2013 or 2016....

The oppo are good and cant be dismissed. They will challenge and challenge hard.

We must absorb, embrace and repel their advances.

We need long stops, trust the process and back ourselves in. Be first, be committed and unrelenting for 4 quarters.

And take our chances as they many not come again.

The time to stand up and be the greatest team of all is now.

Get it done Geelong.

GO Catters

Honestly, this is probably the first time since 2011 that I can honestly say this. Regardless of what happens today, I'm just genuinely so proud of this team. This is the first season in a long while that the team has completely blown my expectations out of the water. So many small wins that I never saw coming.

Gameplan finally changed in a meaningful, exciting way.

The arrival of Atkins, Zuthrie, Stengle, SDK, Henry, Close and Holmes.

Cameron with a proper run at it, (mostly) unhampered by injury.

No finals at our home ground yet again, yet nobody is moaning about it in the media.

Selwood / Danger / Hawkins no longer relied upon to perform else we lose.

Rohan thumbing his nose at the collective media and winning a final off his own boot.

Membership records, captaincy records, all the records everywhere.

How can you not be proud of all of that? Especially when teams like Richmond / Hawthorn / Port / West Coast have completely fallen off their respective cliffs with seemingly zero warning. Not this team. This team still clings to the ledge and refuses to let go. I know we haven't had that illustrious flag and we've missed some we shouldn't have, but they really deserve more credit than they get. Perhaps it's understandable on our behalf, because having your heart broken year-in, year-out does that to you. But right now, I can honestly say that I don't take anything for granted and this club has given me more to be thankful for than most supporters in the last 20 years.

I reckon we'll win this one.

Go Cats!

Sniff sniff....

What's that smell....

Is it fear?
Is it pressure?
Is it tension.... anxiety....

Its unmistakeable....

Its the smell of the Cats into yet another Preliminary Final.... and everything that goes with it.....

After this game last year you've have gotten 50-1 for us making this... and im being generous.

No one expected this.

Players changed, coaches changed, attitudes changed, dependences changed - but there is still things that make it a Geelongy type feel....

Its all on the line - the time is now.

Joel Selwood equals Tucks 39 finals record. Win today he goes unparalleled at 40.

PFD need to be present but not star.. just do what he does - but if he can get 25 possessions and kick 2 or 3.... what a bonus.

Tomma - just needs an early one for confidence.

The fresh faces must also appear... and do what they have been doing all year. Take a breath, take it in, look around and then do your job.

Its the best chance we've had for a while - maybe since 2013 or 2016....

The oppo are good and cant be dismissed. They will challenge and challenge hard.

We must absorb, embrace and repel their advances.

We need long stops, trust the process and back ourselves in. Be first, be committed and unrelenting for 4 quarters.

And take our chances as they many not come again.

The time to stand up and be the greatest team of all is now.

Get it done Geelong.

GO Catters
No sorry, that was me. Too many eggs this morning.

Embrace their advances? Saucy.

I'm happy with absorbing and repelling. Our boys really need to put the heat on theirs though, with the courage and dare that got them here.

Brisbane can absolutely get rattled but if you give them a sniff they can score quickly and gather serious momentum.

If Stengle, Close and Miers did what they did last week, more will come off I think. Backline was superb against Collingwood and the mids grew into it.

We need that age bracket of 24 year to 30 year olds to fire. I have faith in the kids and we know our oldest veterans give their heart and soul every final. Blokes like Atkins, Stanley, Stewart, Cameron, Guthrie and Duncan have to lift when it counts. I think they will.

We've handled Brisbane recently however my thoughts drift back to the game at the Gabba where Charlie kicked a bag and Scott said he wasn't the reason Brisbane won.

I hope he has put some time into this matchup and their forward line in general; they'll be an absolute handful.

This game, like many Geelong finals, will come down to conversion.

We just have to make more of our opportunities than they do and if we do that, we should win because I don't see them entering 50 too many more times than us.

Go Cats

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like it'll be a pretty wet game, right? What do folks think about our chances here?

I actually love the thought of a wet game, given their reliance on talls and our spread of small-to-medium goalkickers.

Looks like it'll be a pretty wet game, right? What do folks think about our chances here?

I actually love the thought of a wet game, given their reliance on talls and our spread of small-to-medium goalkickers.
100% we will love the wet.

Hawkins is a great wet weather tall and our other options aren't tall like Hipwood, Big O and Daniher. The tallest is SDK but he doesn't need to mark it anyway.

Will definitely favour us.

Lets go!! It's gonna suck for me recording the game and trying to avoid scores all day. Can't wait to get home from work tomorrow and watch the Cats do their thing. Feeling confident. Expect Lions to come out hard and hope Cats can settle a little quicker than they did against Collingwood. Team looks pretty healthy and rested. Rain could help. No excuses here. Perfectly primed to be playing off in a Grand Final in a couple of weeks.

I was cheering when the Bears won last week, but as the week has worn on my confidence has diminished somewhat because it all feels a little bit similar to 2016. We've just gotta win the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back