Preview Prelim Final Geelong v Brisbane Fri 16 Sept, 7:50pm @ MCG

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
So there is the value of the bye, allow the niggles to be fixed.
Maybe not Parfitt, perhaps a future change, because Scott loves him.
Go well Jed Bews 150.

Yep he will be named but I think unlikely to play (they have been so cautious this year and frankly he isn’t a “must have”. So I assume if he doesnt play that means MOC goes in 22 and Parf as sub? Celglar menagola and Kolo as the other emergencies?

Pretty good to be unchanged in finals

Whats the bet we dont run out as selected? Of kolo is out id go parf in and moc sub again.

Good old Art Vandelay_ sticking up for his mate Kolo.
Why wouldn't I? Most unfairly maligned player on an AFL list.
Mainstay in a regular top 4 side given no respect. Absolute lock in our team.

I hit agree on agreeable opinions FWIW.

Scott’s suggestion today that MOC may tag Neale means there will definitely be a late change, right?

Really disappointed Parfitt still isn’t in, Brisbane’s midfield is easily the weakest of remaining teams, we should be loading up and aiming to smash them in the middle.

Darcy Fort is extremely stiff, was one of Brisbanes best last week i thought

Same melts as last game: we just dont take the stoppage/contest/clearance game seriously enough under Chris Scott.

If Brisbane turn up and do nothing but bomb it inside 50 like they did against Melbourne in the first half then our defence will feast and we will be unstoppable. But if they turn up and do a good enough impression of a well coached team then, like our last game, we will struggle. Selwood, Dangerfield and Atkins represented the bulk of our contested ball and clearances against Collingwood, that is simply not enough manpower in the engine room against the teams that remain.

And now if we do win, we face the prospect of playing Sydney or Collingwood and needing to bring in Parfitt and/or Menegola, neither of whom have played for over a month. Or we wont bring either of them in, and we will get a lesson in stoppage work from the likes of Mills, Warner, Parker, Gulden, Stephens et al (or the Collingwood equivalant, who nearly taught us a lesson two weeks ago).

Think about how many times during the game against Collingwood that you thought: We really look outnumbered around stoppages. That's how we lose big games, it has been for the last 5 years. We get outnumbered at the stoppages and then when we lose control of the ball it is too easy to spread our defensive structure out, especially at the MCG, to find holes inside 50. We just dont select enough players who can get up and go again and again into each stoppage, and then have the class or composure to use the ball well once we transition out of the contest.

MOC is a noose waiting to snap our neck in a big game, he is useless at the best of times but as the sub reaches new depths of irrelevance as he lacks any ability to find the ball easily after coming on. If he has to replace a midfielder it's probably game over. Miers fits into the same category. The fact that both remain in is a testament to nothing but Chris Scotts ego getting the better of him. Instead of admitting that these guys are useless he will persist and then when they s**t the bed will say "well at least we lost our way". Omitting both would do nothing to harm our structure either behind or infront of the ball.

Parfitt remaining out is inexcusable, and if the result doesnt go our way i hope Scott is destroyed for doing it, but he wont be.

If you are looking for this same team to carry through to the GF, I think Menegola may be done,
especially if he remains in the same bracket with Parf. Kolo if fit, has always been a walk up with the MC, despite
the calls on here to omit him. So it's been made clear, he's in our future for some time.

Medisub MOC is more utilitarian, as floundering as he can sometimes be, he's part of the back click.

Think I'll go light a candle for no injuries.

Same melts as last game: we just dont take the stoppage/contest/clearance game seriously enough under Chris Scott.

If Brisbane turn up and do nothing but bomb it inside 50 like they did against Melbourne in the first half then our defence will feast and we will be unstoppable. But if they turn up and do a good enough impression of a well coached team then, like our last game, we will struggle. Selwood, Dangerfield and Atkins represented the bulk of our contested ball and clearances against Collingwood, that is simply not enough manpower in the engine room against the teams that remain.

And now if we do win, we face the prospect of playing Sydney or Collingwood and needing to bring in Parfitt and/or Menegola, neither of whom have played for over a month. Or we wont bring either of them in, and we will get a lesson in stoppage work from the likes of Mills, Warner, Parker, Gulden, Stephens et al (or the Collingwood equivalant, who nearly taught us a lesson two weeks ago).

Think about how many times during the game against Collingwood that you thought: We really look outnumbered around stoppages. That's how we lose big games, it has been for the last 5 years. We get outnumbered at the stoppages and then when we lose control of the ball it is too easy to spread our defensive structure out, especially at the MCG, to find holes inside 50. We just dont select enough players who can get up and go again and again into each stoppage, and then have the class or composure to use the ball well once we transition out of the contest.

MOC is a noose waiting to snap our neck in a big game, he is useless at the best of times but as the sub reaches new depths of irrelevance as he lacks any ability to find the ball easily after coming on. If he has to replace a midfielder it's probably game over. Miers fits into the same category. The fact that both remain in is a testament to nothing but Chris Scotts ego getting the better of him. Instead of admitting that these guys are useless he will persist and then when they s**t the bed will say "well at least we lost our way". Omitting both would do nothing to harm our structure either behind or infront of the ball.

Parfitt remaining out is inexcusable, and if the result doesnt go our way i hope Scott is destroyed for doing it, but he wont be.
I would be surprised if Kolo gets up - so I think your Melt will melt…and parf will at least be sub if not straight in (with MOC staying sub). As you say the next week gets interesting as match up would suggest an extra mid rather than KPD…

If you are looking for this same team to carry through to the GF, I think Menegola may be done,
especially if he remains in the same bracket with Parf. Kolo if fit, has always been a walk up with the MC, despite
the calls on here to omit him. So it's been made clear, he's in our future for some time.

Medisub MOC is more utilitarian, as floundering as he can sometimes be, he's part of the back click.

Think I'll go light a candle for no injuries.
Agree on Menegola. I understand he has been a bit taken aback about not getting into the team…and if he doesn’t get a game and we are bringing in other mid/utility youth I wonder if he thinks that he should go for a few years elsewhere

Scott’s suggestion today that MOC may tag Neale means there will definitely be a late change, right?

Really disappointed Parfitt still isn’t in, Brisbane’s midfield is easily the weakest of remaining teams, we should be loading up and aiming to smash them in the middle.
Baffles me no Parfitt. But I wouldn't know who to pull out of that lineup, it's just bad luck. You need Kolo in the lineup, because they have a tall forward line.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Looks like up to 10mm rain between now and match time. But the way the MCG drains, it might be slippery or dry, but not a bogged ground.

Think he was taking the piss. He did a lot of that all press conference.

The question was - would Mark O’Connor tag Neale?

The answer was something like “maybe, he’d have to be in the team to do it”.

He did not say O’Connor would tag Neale.

Every week we hear the same thing from you. And then you snap back at posters saying that’s my opinion and I don’t want to hear yours.

And every week we win.

Baffles me no Parfitt. But I wouldn't know who to pull out of that lineup, it's just bad luck. You need Kolo in the lineup, because they have a tall forward line.

He's had his own injuries, and hasn't had the best game time preparation now.
I'm surprised he's not at least sub, to get something of a run if we are doing well.
Still I guess, one week at a time, luck has to be with the starting crew to run out the game, and hopefully carry forward.

Will be interesting if we get through this game, Kolo has another 'mare and we face the Pies with a smaller forward group whether there is a change.
Would be diabolical if Kolo has a shocker while Charlie Cameron has a day out running rings around our lumbering backline and Geelong loses the prelim by a goal.

Would be diabolical if Kolo has a shocker while Charlie Cameron has a day out running rings around our lumbering backline and Geelong loses the prelim by a goal.
If Charlie Cameron gets off the leash - that’s because we are not doing the work up there ground and hanging out defence out to dry. It’s a team game.

Same melts as last game: we just dont take the stoppage/contest/clearance game seriously enough under Chris Scott .
QF v Pies: clearances -1; Contested Possessions: +21
v WCE: +13; +26
v GCS: even; +26
v ST.K: -7; +11
v WBD: level; -3
v PA: +2; -11
v CA: -3; -7
v MEL: +18; -11
v NM: +7; +27
v RICH: -1; +23
v WCE: +7; +18
v WBD: -3; +5
v ADE: -6; -11
v PA: +11; +29

In our winning run since our last loss we've been all over the shop with regards to clearances and contested possession differentials. Yet have won all matches we've played for 4 months to the day. So maybe the notion of stoppages and clearances importance is being overstated here.

In the PF destruction last year we conceded 100 points on turnover. In the clip someone put up yesterday (and re-posted below) we've been statistically the best ever at this metric. A metric King and Co on Fox have identified for the last 4-5 years as being critical to September success. Teams that wish to succeed this month have to be able to score from turnover.

Carlton in the first couple of months (while winning) were being criticised for being a stoppage and surge it forward from centre clearance team only. They had nothing other than their 1-wood. Fast forward to R23's end and they're not playing finals.

Why is this relevant?

Lowest points conceded from turnover per game ever. That translates to our no.1 ranking in stopping scores from our turnovers. While we also rank 1 for scoring from turnovers.

Parfitt remaining out is inexcusable
lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back