B Section Premier B 2019

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unlike our Bill Hartung, ‘BJ’ has also committed to Pearcedale for a nice one off cash game and there are murmurings of another club as well. How will the VAFA view this?

Beaumaris will be watching with great interest after the Milne debacle a couple of years ago whilst the new VAFA president Voyage is in the unenviable position of being a Caulfield Old Boys great and the man who is meant to be looking after the integrity of the competition.

All eyes on the VAFA for this can of worms.

FWIW can't have your cake and eat it too (whatever that means, I like cake).......either playing ammos or you're not.

Any news on recent incoming or exiting players in Premier B?

Goddard a huge in if he plays majority of games. Good for the VAFA!

Any news on recent incoming or exiting players in Premier B?

Goddard a huge in if he plays majority of games. Good for the VAFA!

My rough read:

Beaumaris - Seems to have been plenty that have left and lot's of rumours about unhappy people. But they always have good juniors feeding in.
Caulfield - Goddard is big, but they also have some VFL listed players come over (Tate Short, Ask Krakauer, Gus Styles etc). Signs are strong.
Fitzroy - Not sure, no one big, but they were pretty handy last year.
Monash - Have picked up Mitch King and Ben Hart (ex OC Captain) plus some handy country players (will be really improved).
Old Geelong - Also not sure, but no one jumps out.
Old Haileybury - Have some VFL listed talent, but not sure they'll see them much.
Old Scotch - Have picked up Tom Downie and a few others, on top of what was a good list anyway.
Parkdale - Harley Balic and the experienced Ben Phibbs, makes this look a good off season.
St Bedes / Mentone - Billy Hartung & Nathan Wright are pretty handy pick ups.
Uni Blacks - Also not sure, but always pick up handy players.

We won’t see Nathan Wright I don’t think, he’s going to be playing full time at Sandy.

View attachment 649369

Could do with some more tipsters!
There were quite a few last year. Did they all go with St Bernards and OC?
There were some lopsided results again. There could well be a top five bottom five split Blacks Scotch Caulfield StB and Parkdale. Very early days however. Great effort by the Oggers though I fear Beaumaris are not the side they were. I am also surprised at the margin in the Monash Blacks game. Whilst I expected Blacks to be strong, Monash have recruited very well and also have good returnees. The scoring shots were a lot closer than the margin so maybe Monash have some improvement in them and the score is not relective
Time will tell

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone with access to the stats tell me how many Hartung had? It looked like there was three of him our there.

I will get into the tipping.
Was at the Monash game, Blacks kicked 11.0 before they kicked a behind makes it difficult to keep up. That said, their run was super impressive all day, hitting blokes running towards goal in space - so all their shots were taken from good positions. Monash will be ok. Looking forward to a round 1 some time where we don’t play a ripping team rd 1 in B grade (Beauy, Scotch, Bernard’s, Blacks)!! Always start slow, last year we stayed slow.

Anyone with access to the stats tell me how many Hartung had? It looked like there was three of him our there.
Hartung was the difference between to the two teams. Ran all day, kicked out, ran to his kick outs, and would have had 40 touches. Great Pick-up. Vultures ran out of gas in the end and lacked forwards, Bedes looked more balanced and a fitter, but a good game to open the season at the nest.

Who were the major disappointments from the weekend? Is Fitzroy in trouble or are Old Scotch really that good?

IMO Caulfield will smash a lot of teams this year, they look a step above from the pack. Monash you'd think will bounce back against Beaumaris and Parkdale will get better too.

Top 4: Caulfield, Old Scotch, Blacks, ??

Early tips this week:

St Bedes Mentone vs Caulfield - Will be an interesting bout this one, as we work out where everyone sits. The Tigers play Brindisi St beautifully, put I'll stick fat with the Fields.
Fitzroy vs University Blacks - The Lions will be better at home, but not good enough. Blacks have the highest player points total for a reason.
Old Geelong vs Old Scotch - Cardinals by a long way.
Monash Blues vs Beaumaris - Blues will get it done at home. The margin will be a real indicator of how the Sharks are going.
Old Haileybury vs Parkdale - Vultures in the close one of the day.

Early tips this week:

St Bedes Mentone vs Caulfield - Will be an interesting bout this one, as we work out where everyone sits. The Tigers play Brindisi St beautifully, put I'll stick fat with the Fields.
Fitzroy vs University Blacks - The Lions will be better at home, but not good enough. Blacks have the highest player points total for a reason.
Monash Blues vs Beaumaris - Blues will get it done at home. The margin will be a real indicator of how the Sharks are going.

Saw Caulfield for the first half last week and they were pretty impressive.However,just looking at their style/ball movement I think Brindisi wont suit them.

Early tips this week:

The difficulty for Uni clubs is that they do not have a ‘feeder’ club. No juniors and no school players that come with a single point to their name. Am I correct in saying that Caulfield will receive a points reduction for Goddard even though he’s come straight from AFL? (Not that anyone should have a problem with a player returning to his school old boys)

Last week Blacks 40 pts - Monash 39. Plenty of those points would wipe away if they became a 1 for a student at the given university.

St Bedes Mentone vs Caulfield - Based on Rd.1's results I would be inclined to go for Caulfield, however, the postage stamp is a different ball game and can see St Bedes winning in a close one. Under 2 goals.
Fitzroy vs University Blacks - Fitzroy were horrible last week and I don't see that getting any better against the slick Blacks outfit. Black by 70 points+.
Old Geelong vs Old Scotch - OGGS got the W against Beauy and Scotch beat an average Fitzroy. Seeing as Fitzroy beat OGGS by 50+ in the GF last year, I can't see them getting close to Scotch. OS by 50 points.
Monash Blues vs Beaumaris - Apart from Bedes v Caulfield, match of the round. Can't exactly place either team so I will go with the home team by 7 points.
Old Haileybury vs Parkdale - Parkdale seem to have been there abouts most years but look to be a contender for 4th spot this year. Parkdale by 35 points.

St Bedes Mentone vs Caulfield - Based on Rd.1's results I would be inclined to go for Caulfield, however, the postage stamp is a different ball game and can see St Bedes winning in a close one. Under 2 goals.
Fitzroy vs University Blacks - Fitzroy were horrible last week and I don't see that getting any better against the slick Blacks outfit. Black by 70 points+.
Old Geelong vs Old Scotch - OGGS got the W against Beauy and Scotch beat an average Fitzroy. Seeing as Fitzroy beat OGGS by 50+ in the GF last year, I can't see them getting close to Scotch. OS by 50 points.
Monash Blues vs Beaumaris - Apart from Bedes v Caulfield, match of the round. Can't exactly place either team so I will go with the home team by 7 points.
Old Haileybury vs Parkdale - Parkdale seem to have been there abouts most years but look to be a contender for 4th spot this year. Parkdale by 35 points.
Caulfield in a thriller
Blacks by a lot
OS by 8 goals
Blues by 20 pts
Parkdale by 5 goals

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back