Fitzroy
University BlacksFitzroyUniversity Blacks
1st SEMIFINAL
COBURG CITY OVAL 11:40am SUN 4/9
vsvs
De La SalleDe La SalleDe La Salle
Old Carey

Last edited:
Thanks for the observers self-report, Clayton, see you on Wednesday night at training!

I had a similar glowing report last week plus an absolute blinder at the snakepit yesterday; next week I will be doing Premier C. Such are the vicissitudes of VAFA umpiring. ;)

And yes, AM:

View attachment 1433019
Can you get down to Parkdale

Popped into have a gander at De La v Beauwy. Good to see the great B Sheehy among what was a disappointing crowd.

Pleasantly surprised at the way Jimmyjack's boys went about it. Admittedly with a handy breeze, the game was played on De La's terms in the first quarter. Some steadiness in front of the goal would have had them 5 goals to the better by quarter time.

Beauwy gradually worked their way back into the game but is not the team I expected to see. They will need to do some recruiting if they are to make an impact in Premier next year.

Fantastic to see -Clayton Evans - the maestro of the calico on show. Still, the master of his domain although a tad chubbier.

1. Inspected work area.:whitecheck: Think he inspired his partner to follow suit.

2. Decisioning making.:whitecheck:

3. Positioning.:whitecheck:

4. Communication & cooperation.:whitecheck:

5. Speed and agility.:whitecheck:

6. Signals in proper order and from correct position. :whitecheck: Great to see someone hold the scoring signal.

7. Mirroring.:whitecheck:

8. Recording of scores.:whitecheck:

Wasted in the lower grades.

To quote Tina "Simply the best"
Watched this game from 3rd qtr on and thought De La played their home ground well with scores level late in the game until Beaumaris stepped up a gear, not sure who will win B Grade with Haileyburys big win at Uni Blacks but promotion/relegation in all 3 top grades will be certainly interesting this season to say the least

Disappointing to report that there are a few grubs playing at Williamstown these days, notably No.19, who caused a couple of melees and at one point kicked a Fitzroy player who was down during a scuffle. Will be interested to see if he gets reported.

Thanks for the observers self-report, Clayton, see you on Wednesday night at training!

I had a similar glowing report last week plus an absolute blinder at the snakepit yesterday; next week I will be doing Premier C. Such are the vicissitudes of VAFA umpiring. ;)

And yes, AM:

View attachment 1433019
Just some playfulness following your light-hearted bit of grandiosity a few posts ago.

I do get the need for rotations for exposure and encouragement reasons among others. I've noticed the AFL has been blooding more up-n-comers than in previous years but the cream rarely misses more than a week. And in the run home, those who hold the reins usually sharpen their focus.

You've suggested before that it's the choice of CE to ply the craft in lower grades. I just think it's a waste of talent and the best should, by and large, be officiating the best.

Credit to him for not dropping his standards. Even the little things like holding the signal and working in unison with his partner when picking up and replacing flags.

Anyhoo, a bit of good-natured distraction. Back to the real stuff.

Watched this game from 3rd qtr on and thought De La played their home ground well with scores level late in the game until Beaumaris stepped up a gear, not sure who will win B Grade with Haileyburys big win at Uni Blacks but promotion/relegation in all 3 top grades will be certainly interesting this season to say the least
De La came out with all guns firing. Their pressure and ball movement in the first quarter were very good. Thought it was a 2 to 3-goal wind advantage but with some steadiness in front of goal De La could have had a 5-goal scoreboard advantage as the game was fairly much played in their half. Thought the game dropped away after that and became a bit of a scrap. Didn't see the last quarter.

You'd know better than me but if it's one up you'd think Blacks are the most likely.

First Prem B game I've seen this year. Quite a gap in standard between Prem A and Prem B.

De La came out with all guns firing. Their pressure and ball movement in the first quarter were very good. Thought it was a 2 to 3-goal wind advantage but with some steadiness in front of goal De La could have had a 5-goal scoreboard advantage as the game was fairly much played in their half. Thought the game dropped away after that and became a bit of a scrap. Didn't see the last quarter.

You'd know better than me but if it's one up you'd think Blacks are the most likely.

First Prem B game I've seen this year. Quite a gap in standard between Prem A and Prem B.
As in promotion/relegation how the VAFA will actually even out A to C Grade for next season

As in promotion/relegation how the VAFA will actually even out A to C Grade for next season
A grade. 10 teams 2022. 2 down to B. 2 up from B = 10 teams 2023

B grade. 9 teams 2022. 2 up to A. 2 down from A. 2 up from C. 1 down to C = 10 teams for 2023.

C grade. 11 teams 2022. 2 up to B. 2 down to D. 2 up from D. 1 down from B = 10 teams for 2023.

B grade. 9 teams 2022. 2 up to A. 2 down from A. 2 up from C. 1 down to C = 10 teams for 2023.

C grade. 11 teams 2022. 2 up to B. 2 down to D. 2 up from D. 1 down from B = 10 teams for 2023.
I like it, except I reckon 1 up from c and none down from b is probably better

FWIW surely this has been locked in already so all clubs are clear on the end result?
Oh I forgot who we are dealing with….

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Rip-snorter round of footy for the start of Season 2022 - Part 2

1st v 2nd - Beaumaris
3rd - Bye
4th v 5th - Fitzroy
6th v 7th - St Bedes
8th v 9th - Williamstown

10th (currently sitting atop C-Grade creating the non-stop season in that section)

Rip-snorter round of footy for the start of Season 2022 - Part 2

1st v 2nd - Beaumaris
3rd - Bye
4th v 5th - Fitzroy
6th v 7th - St Bedes
8th v 9th - Williamstown

10th (currently sitting atop C-Grade creating the non-stop season in that section)
Monash proving why they should have gone up

Lasallian Cup at Brindisi this weekend. Tipping our brothers from the beach to send us one step closer to Prem C.

Only highlight for the day might be listening to Razor Ray as the guest speaker at the pre-game lunch.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back