Premier League Most Disappointing 30: 2016/17 Edition

Remove this Banner Ad

Inler was the Cambiasso replacement. Cambiasso left before Inler came in.

Inler’s problem was that Kante was present, adapted way faster than Inler, and by that time, the writing was on the wall. There was something there, but well, we were performing. To think many thought he would be the best player in our team, lol.

But really, Inler’s performances for Switzerland in the same period as Xhaka were night and day. He definitely still had it, just not for us.

Yes, Xhaka is younger, and the market is crazy, but I don’t know what people expected when they got in Xhaka. I still think that you probably could’ve gotten better performances with Inler for much less.

Xhaka’s second season is going to be an important one. Perhaps he will justify his value for Arsenal. I'm not convinced. Then again, I said the same about Harry Kane in his time with us.
If Xhaka played for Leicester you'd be going silly over him. Take the glasses off pal.

27 - Aaron Cresswell [WEST HAM UNITED]
57fb995b1abc6ac5fa000001.jpg

Appearances: 26, Goals: 0, Assists: 2

Seen as one of the best left-backs in the league coming in to the season, Cresswell suffered a knee injury in July that sidelined him until October. After his comeback he made his international debut where he copped a heap of abuse from England fans (don't they all?), and then, much like the team he plays for, struggled to find any sort of form for the rest of the season.

Most disappointing moment: England were 2-0 up against Spain when Cresswell came on as a late substitute. It finished 2-2 and the defender was blamed by some England fans for both goals.

BigFooty opinion:
What was the West Ham defender doing for the goal? Was that Cresswell... who was standing there with his arms out suggesting the GK to come get it.
Oh how we have missed Aaron Cresswell.
Cresswell has been awful defensively.
The likes of Cresswell haven't come close to the way they performed last season.

Ross loves Aaron:
Welcome back Cresswell.
All starts when Cresswell comes back.
Cresswell touched the "This is Anfield" sign. Get him Klopp.
9:45 Klopp trying to sign Cresswell ;)

Sell Moreno and get Cresswell or Bertrand.
Sakho for Cresswell straight swap. ;)
Just selling Moreno and getting Cresswell in the summer is enough for me.
Keep Milner as a backup. Sell Moreno and bring in Cresswell.

If Xhaka played for Leicester you'd be going silly over him. Take the glasses off pal.
Kante spoiled me.

Xhaha's alright, but the hype he has gotten because he went to Arsenal was a bit much.

His performance met my expectations of what I had seen of him, that's all.

I expect to see an improvement next season.

Injury derailed the start of his season. Did well when he came back then fizzled out.
You can still have him and we'll sign Sessegnon or Robertson as a replacement.

My first Cresswell quote Soz has I believe was when Masuaku gave away the worst penalty for a handball you will ever see against WBA. However I think Masuaku should be our starting LWB next season, he's a better player offensively, and he showed that late in the season.

Cresswell never recovered after missing 3-4 months from a shocking tackle to his knee from a pre season game.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Reality is that Arsenal needed both Kante (or similar) and Xhaka

Xhaka was needed to replace Cazorla and Arteta. Arsene bought the right player, but for the wrong position.

I think he'll be much better after a season to adjust

Having Moreno on your books really has warped poor Ross' mind on left backs. Creswell is ok but not good enough to mention 10 times!
Cresswell being from Liverpool also helps.

Just like when a young Port Adelaide Maggies player in the SANFL plays well I want them to get drafted to the AFL side.

Absolute rubbish. We've had Kante, Xhaka isn't even in the same ball park 'pal'.
Except that's not what I was saying at all.

I was not comparing him to Kante. I thought the contention of my post was quite clear "If Xhaka played for Leicester you'd be going silly over him."

And why are you comparing Xhaka and Kante? Two completely different players. May as well compare Wes Morgan and Alexis Sanchez while we're at it hey? :$

26 - Adnan Januzaj [SUNDERLAND]
nintchdbpict000309869677-e1491903863887.jpg

Appearances: 25, Goals: 0, Assists: 1

After bursting on to the scene under David Moyes in 2013, Adnan Januzaj was seen as the next big thing by Manchester United supporters. In a season of unfamiliar disappointment, he was the one and only shining light for supporters during that campaign.

However, since Moyes left he has flattered to deceive. With Louis van Gaal not fancying him and his loan spell at Borussia Dortmund being a disaster, it looked as though Januzaj was just the latest name to crash and burn aboard the Old Trafford hype train.

But then there was a light. A chance to be reunited with the one man who believed in him. The one man who could coax whatever talent he had and showcase it to the world.

The Moyesiah.

E383A2E382A4E383BCE382BAE382B7E383A7E38383E382AFE9A194.jpg

Umazingly, the reunion didn't go as planned. Januzaj scored no goals and was booed by the Sunderland faithful as the Black Cats finished bottom of the league. Who saw that one coming?

Most disappointing moment: Getting booed by the Sunderland fans after being substituted in a 1-0 defat to Watford in April.

BigFooty opinion:
United supporters over hyping their kids is entertaining. Two years ago it was Januzaj that was the future of football, before then Macheda, Rossi, Nardiello, Chadwick etc etc etc. Makes for great fun, so keep on with it.
I do enjoy a good ribbing on here about Januzaj from time to time. He was according to United the best young player in world football when in reality he was just kinda average. :D
What a spud Januzaj is.
Januzaj goes down as easily as an out of work budding actress
I've not been this excited about a United youf player since Januzaj was a world superstar in the making.
Adnan is a very talented footballer with the mental capacity of croweater.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back