Preview Preview and Changes: Round 6 - Port v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
this has danger game written all over it, weird how Collingwood fans aren’t liking their chances. Not to be a downer but I feel like we’re gonna get exposed by a collingwood side at the MCG.

this has danger game written all over it, weird how Collingwood fans aren’t liking their chances. Not to be a downer but I feel like we’re gonna get exposed by a collingwood side at the MCG.
I'd file playing the reigning premiers on their home deck under "games we're very likely to lose" as opposed to a danger game, but I'm also a pessimist. This game has a complete structural evaporation written all over it, based on precedent.

Wow we are really on the big stage with this one and there are plenty of positives with the 2024 ins.
At some stage collingwood was going to be premiers last year and anything that could not be performed by their team for a win was going to be manicured with a few vital decisions which did not go the way of their opponents on the big games day.
So worth keeping an eye on where when and who the early decisions come about. If this should happen i think the role of Koch is to ask the question?
1713222851651.png

Wow we are really on the big stage with this one and there are plenty of positives with the 2024 ins.
At some stage collingwood was going to be premiers last year and anything that could not be performed by their team for a win was going to be manicured with a few vital decisions which did not go the way of their opponents on the big games day.
So worth keeping an eye on where when and who the early decisions come about. If this should happen i think the role of Koch is to ask the question?
You on the herbs mate?

The great believer has already flagged the umps will ream us
We're doomed !

Cheese ain't getting dropped folks

View attachment 1960353

The only thing that has 'changed' is there are now more defined avenues where the ball goes through.

Good rucks have never just won hit outs, around the ground. Marking and presence has always been the mark of a solid ruckman.

Defenders have always looked to repel the ball out of defensive 50, usually to the ruck or across the ground to the wings, running forward of midfield is a new thing which requires a wing or midfielder to cover down back so the opposition don't exploit the loose man and lack of accountability.

Forwards have always looked to hunt the ball and trap it in forward 50. To have a successful defensive forward you really need to lock down the opposition's rebounding defenders, but at the same time that player needs to be utilised for cheap out the back goals to make their opponent accountable.

Port play a 'woke' style of this without the accountability to the scoreboard only their own personal roles. Works in chess and NFL but AFL is far more dynamic and fluid than those two games.

It's the perfect game to do something different offensively.

Moore is their key plank in defence.

Move him around and you can capitalise on everybody else.

Will we do anything different or just kick it down his throat all day.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app
Round 5, 2019.

Brilliant game plan of chaos ball/dirty ball entries on the deck into the F50 to counter West Coast interceptors.

Worked brilliantly, absolutely belted the reigning premiers on their own deck.

Never been seen or replicated again by Port.

Why??

Round 5, 2019.

Brilliant game plan of chaos ball/dirty ball entries on the deck into the F50 to counter West Coast interceptors.

Worked brilliantly, absolutely belted the reigning premiers on their own deck.

Never been seen or replicated again by Port.

Why??
One of the only games in the Hinkley era where it looked like we were coached by someone with the mind of a premiership coach.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is the game you'd expect or hope Ken doesn't instruct our guys not to press as high as they normally do or we'll get smashed over the top as usual.

I'd expect no drastic changes as Ken never does so Collingwood by 49

Last edited:
Agree it’s just McEntee for Boak unless someone is out injured . Burgoyne did enough to get another run . If Dixon needs a week off I’d bring Sweet in , Lord if he were available. Agree Sinn would be getting close but for who ? Hopefully Jones continues to grow in composure. Dav is getting lots of cover with Allir and BZT so he’s being able to start developing nicely and BZT for that matter . Soldo getting a decent run at it must be good for his development as well so we have a good thing going there .
Bergman was in better form against Freo so hopefully that continues.
Soldo should be competitive in the ruck again .
If Zerk doesn’t come up and with Collingwoods relatively small forward line perhaps Sinn could come in to play on Bobby Hill or Shultz .
Drew to De Goey , Dixon to Moore George to Quaynor , Byrne Jones to Daicos ( Nick )
Burgoyne to Josh Daicos . Jones to Elliott .
Hard to say how well go . They’re favourites with the bookies.
Be a good win if we get it
Hill would kick 6 on Sinn

Isnt it funny how losing this game tells us plenty while winning it tells us nothing.

Well yeah, that's exactly where we're at this season.

We already know we can stack home and away wins. We could go 23-0 and nobody would care. They need to show they can do it in finals.

On the flip side, if we start losing too many games that would indicate we've gone backwards and then it's a whole different discussion.

Everything points to another episode of a Hinkley coached side of not showing up when it matters. We'll give up a 5 goal lead, and then go down by 5 goals. Standard.

It’s like they make s**t up for a lynching

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
Crouch should also have got off, it was copy book demo of how you should protectyour self
I feel throwing Dixon in the ruck solves a few issues for us. He’s probably our best option in there and it means we’ll be forced to be more creative with our forward entries.
It is a long time to September where Dixon finished the last game on one leg; if, if, if he is rested; we should pick Sweet with Solda starting at full forward swapping with Sweet.

And we need more thoughts on who should be the sub; it needs to be someone who can make an impact. With the benefit of hindsight, SSP should have been the sub last week (after returning from four weeks off).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back