Preview Preview and Changes: Round 6 - Port v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you going to put a thumbs down, answer the question? Who do you want targeted less than Mckentee in that list?

You don't target small forwards. They get in good positions and crumb. Jed does * all. The pressure act thing is a load of bollocks. You want to put pressure on, make your opponent aware that there is a bloody good chance you will score if the ball is in your area. Otherwise youre just the guy who is second to the ball.

Would you say we target Evans or Narkle more than McEntee? Because they both manage more possessions and more goals in the same system.

Football illiterates such as yourself just have a pathological hate for the great man.

Still remember when the midfield of the century got obliterated by GWS and the only thing y'all wanted to talk about was McEntee kicking the ball up in the air with 10 minutes left in the game.

Football illiterates such as yourself just have a pathological hate for the great man.

Still remember when the midfield of the century got obliterated by GWS and the only thing y'all wanted to talk about was McEntee kicking the ball up in the air with 10 minutes left in the game.
Now we're talking, Jedheads.

Lets compare Jed to Rozee, Butters and Horne-Francis.

Now we're talking, Jedheads.

Lets compare Jed to Rozee, Butters and Horne-Francis.

Yeah, let's pretend that a role player picked up as a mid season rookie on minimum chips has the same impact on team fortunes as play makers who we used massive draft capital on who get paid close to a million a year as y'all did last September. Jed Heads never forget the slander directed towards our man when others were the real reason we lost.

Just getting back to the game, will the forward structure take a chance to have Marshall and Georgiades leading or will it be Kenny's Kluster of "Bomb it to Soldo"?

This one question will be very interesting.

Yeah, let's pretend that a role player picked up as a mid season rookie on minimum chips has the same impact on team fortunes as play makers who we used massive draft capital on who get paid close to a million a year as y'all did last September. Jed Heads never forget the slander directed towards our man when others were the real reason we lost.
As I rewind the tape, the reason we got there was the Three Amigos.

Jed is like Cucksissy in 2004.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Future captain you reckon? :cool:
In twenty years time Jed will be fighting Warren Tredrea Jnr for a spot on our board and asking 'well who are you gonna get?' to the Hinkley Haters (Ken Hinkley will still be coaching us in twenty years time)

I am happy to point the finger at Finlayson for his poor goal kicking but not Marshall. Marshall is a good kick for goal. In fact, I would love the spots of Dixon and Finlayson to be given to tall blokes who can kick well especially set shots. We are a very skilled team and there are about 5 blokes who usually gunk up the works.
Well if Marshall is a very good kick for goal, the stats are unequivocal that over his career and this season so far, Dixon is better. Over the last four seasons there is less than !% difference between their GA% but in your world Marshall is a good shot for goal who you will not fault while Dixon is one of 5 blokes who usually gunk up the works.

I'm not going to attempt to have a discussion with someone who can't even acknowledge the facts.

I am however dying to know. Who are these ready to go tall blokes with fine field and goal kicking skills that can replace Dixon and Finlayson???

You don't judge our games without Dixon on the number of goals the other talls kick.

You judge on the total score we ended up having.

The technology for me to look that up quickly doesn't exist but if anyone wants to do it, that's how we'd know.

Dixon has been the highest targeted player for inside 50 kicks for 8 years, at an average of 35 a game. Of course he has a high number of contested marks, no other player in the history of the sport has had the ball kicked to them as often as he has in contested positions. He's a ridiculously dumb footballer who is unable or unwilling to create separation from an opponent.

In all this time 8 seasons of having the ball kicked to him more than any other player inside the forward 50, he's been unable to score more than 50 goals in a given season. Yet the same people keep defending him year on year while the rest of us watch this horrid game plan of kick it to Charlie not make a grand final.

Port Adelaide football club has been the team with the highest inside 50s per game by a country mile for the previous 8 years, and not once have been able to convert it into making a grand final or even the highest scoring team in the league. This in an indictment on the coach and the fraud of a footballer that said Coach has crafted his entire game plan on.

I couldn't care less about his accuracy although I will state the best full forward in each given season has an accuracy of over 60% something the pretender king has never been able to achieve. Marshall had a season and a half of kicking at 70%. If we went through Marshall as much as went through Dixon I'd wager he would have topped 50 goals by now in a season, alas we'll never know what could have been.

Dixon has been the highest targeted player for inside 50 kicks for 8 years, at an average of 35 a game. Of course he has a high number of contested marks, no other player in the history of the sport has had the ball kicked to them as often as he has in contested positions. He's a ridiculously dumb footballer who is unable or unwilling to create separation from an opponent.

In all this time 8 seasons of having the ball kicked to him more than any other player inside the forward 50, he's been unable to score more than 50 goals in a given season. Yet the same people keep defending him year on year while the rest of us watch this horrid game plan of kick it to Charlie not make a grand final.

Port Adelaide football club has been the team with the highest inside 50s per game by a country mile for the previous 8 years, and not once have been able to convert it into making a grand final or even the highest scoring team in the league. This in an indictment on the coach and the fraud of a footballer that said Coach has crafted his entire game plan on.

I couldn't care less about his accuracy although I will state the best full forward in each given season has an accuracy of over 60% something the pretender king has never been able to achieve. Marshall had a season and a half of kicking at 70%. If we went through Marshall as much as went through Dixon I'd wager he would have topped 50 goals by now in a season, alas we'll never know what could have been.
Ok but what does any of this have to do with 2023/24. We won on the weekend and when we lose its generally because our midfield was shut down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back