Preview Preview and Changes: Round 6 - Port v Collingwood

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Look Charlie, whilst lumbering around on half a leg, still takes the oppos best key back, which Marshall and Finlayson both struggle on.

Marshall really hasn’t gone to the level we need him too and is stuck as a 2nd key forward. Jez is a utility/3rd tall at best- was in All Oz form last year, but this dropped away when he attracted better defenders. Georgi is a small tall forward, or a big forward flanker - same deal. Which leaves Lord as our only hope (maybe Scully), but both these players are super raw and need to get to 50-60 games before they are going to have any impact close to what Dixon does on a number 1 key defender. And that’s if they make it.

I reckon, if they were making pre-season plans, that the plan was to play Lord who is actually pretty combative and competitive (more than Marshall/Finlayson) and possibly rest up Dixon way more than just in R6.

Anyway, we can all whinge about Charlie and the forward structure that revolves around Charlie not getting isolated in open space (cause he doesn’t have the legs) but really we don’t have any other options - except playing another ruckman to just bring the ball to ground- which is what we are doing this week…

Good luck Sweet.

Garry Lyon just said “I don’t think they’ll be wearing the prisonbar tomorrow! Nope! It’ll be the black and white stripes versus the TEAL, black and white”

Haha. What a world.
He couldnt stop himself from that one, could he. Victorian McGuire bumsniffers.

To be fair to Jed, it could be worse.

He could be putting up Pedlar numbers

1713502016581-png.1963941
2AD0D5EF-72CB-4AE3-9173-91FBC8560173.jpeg

1.8 tackles i50 per game is Elite!? 😱

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back