Review R12: Dees v The Cats - the Good, the Bad & the Fugly

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think one of the best things about yesterday were the lessons learned from last week. After Selwood kicked that goal and got the Cats within 20 points the players didn't make the same mistakes they did last week. Gawn tapped it to his feet, our mids killed the contested ball, Watts went back, we slowed the game right down and turned our backline into a brick wall.

I think one of the best things about yesterday were the lessons learned from last week. After Selwood kicked that goal and got the Cats within 20 points the players didn't make the same mistakes they did last week. Gawn tapped it to his feet, our mids killed the contested ball, Watts went back, we slowed the game right down and turned our backline into a brick wall.

And continued to attack when the opportunity was there. The lead up to Garlett's 4th was all forward (not sideways and backwards), and another chance when Riley was running into 50 on a loose ball; If he didn't slip we could of got another, but then he and Spencer then backed it up together to keep it in our forward 50.

Bad: loosing my voice, when not at the game. Why you ask because i said on my facebook in the first that if we win i will post a video yelling Melbourne as loud as i can possibly go. We won and an embarrassing video is now doing the rounds amongst friends. Perhaps i should threaten to publicly humiliate myself more often if it means that we will win

Mate, the Hubble telescope just picked up fragments of your lid rocketing past the outer reaches of the solar system at light speed.

Top quality win and all, but we're still 4 weeks removed from a 10 goal belting by the Paer and 1 week from a loss to the mighty Saints. Might get a few more runs on the board before we start lining up outside the 'G for finals tickets and marking everyone gettable.
Ey? How is saying we should beat sides around and below us blowing the lid off? I'm probably one of the posters of on here least likely to talk like that after one win. Don't be a douche. Which part of my post is wrong? So we shouldn't be beating Carlton, Saints, Lions, GW$ all in Melbourne? Bombers aren't gettable? We were 3 or 4 goals short of the pies. They're not beatable? I clearly said we wouldn't win them all but just saying things look a lot easier from now than they had for the first half of the year. Pretty reasonable statement imo

Sent from my 0PJA10 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ey? How is saying we should beat sides around and below us blowing the lid off? I'm probably one of the posters of on here least likely to talk like that after one win. Don't be a douche. Which part of my post is wrong? So we shouldn't be beating Carlton, Saints, Lions, GW$ all in Melbourne? Bombers aren't gettable? We were 3 or 4 goals short of the pies. They're not beatable? I clearly said we wouldn't win them all but just saying things look a lot easier from now than they had for the first half of the year. Pretty reasonable statement imo

Sent from my 0PJA10 using Tapatalk
Not trying to be a douche at all mate, but the Eagles gettable was laugh out loud funny. GWS who thumped us earlier now gettable at Etihad? Norf will ski the **** out of us too, regardless of which team shows up.

And its just as easy that Carlton who just beat the team we lost by 10 goals to beat us, Saints beat us again, and the Dogs get their shit together we struggle for wins to close out the season. LOVE to be proved wrong in two weeks and we don't get skied all over back to earth by the Eagles, but until that happens I'm not going to pencil in anything as a win after the Saints game.

Not trying to be a douche at all mate, but the Eagles gettable was laugh out loud funny. GWS who thumped us earlier now gettable at Etihad? Norf will ski the **** out of us too, regardless of which team shows up.

And its just as easy that Carlton who just beat the team we lost by 10 goals to beat us, Saints beat us again, and the Dogs get their shit together we struggle for wins to close out the season. LOVE to be proved wrong in two weeks and we don't get skied all over back to earth by the Eagles, but until that happens I'm not going to pencil in anything as a win after the Saints game.

The Eagles are still shaky on the road.

GWS losing Mumford is a massive loss, he was a big factor in them getting first use of the footy.

North are up and down and can be completely knocked off their game by hard, tough footy.

St Kilda pipped us in the last 40 seconds despite us playing shithouse.

So what if Carlton beat Port and we didn't? Geelong pantsed Carlton by 80 odd points.

Beat the Dogs once there's no reason we can't do it again.

Nobody penciled these in as wins which you seem to have insinuated but just as games we can win which isn't unreasonable.

Word.

GWS losing Mumford is a massive loss, he was a big factor in them getting first use of the footy.

North are up and down and can be completely knocked off their game by hard, tough footy.

So what if Carlton beat Port and we didn't? Geelong pantsed Carlton by 80 odd points.

Nobody penciled these in as wins which you seem to have insinuated but just as games we can win which isn't unreasonable.
Yep, thats exactly what djcjdees has said mate, just playing devils advocate. Do I think we're a chance in a fair few games follow up our win vs the Cats with some good form? Yep. But it's not unreasonable we Melbourne the rest of the year and haven't turned the corner at all either.

DON'T!

Just don't.

My approach from this point on is to sink into pre match gloom and offer a forfeit. Don't ever mess with a winning strategy

Fugly: the Toump. Just watched the first half again and he was horrible. I know he's only young and has time still to find his feet but I just can't see it happening. He is undersized, slow, fumbles a shitload and makes poor decisions frequently. If we hadn't picked him with pick 4 I don't think he'd be getting picked. I think that ANB and Stretch are already ahead of him. Brayshaw is undoubtedly. He should be first out on the weekends form.

I had thought Dawes played alright too but he wasn't that great either. Would be tempted to give Fitz a go in his place for a few weeks.

Yep, thats exactly what djcjdees has said mate, just playing devils advocate. Do I think we're a chance in a fair few games follow up our win vs the Cats with some good form? Yep. But it's not unreasonable we Melbourne the rest of the year and haven't turned the corner at all either.
Cos what we need on this board right now is more people playing devil's advocate! ;)

Fugly: the Toump. Just watched the first half again and he was horrible. I know he's only young and has time still to find his feet but I just can't see it happening. He is undersized, slow, fumbles a shitload and makes poor decisions frequently. If we hadn't picked him with pick 4 I don't think he'd be getting picked. I think that ANB and Stretch are already ahead of him. Brayshaw is undoubtedly. He should be first out on the weekends form.

I had thought Dawes played alright too but he wasn't that great either. Would be tempted to give Fitz a go in his place for a few weeks.

Had one bad game, better drop him!

I'm going to watch the game later tonight. I've always wondered how affected our judgement is by the heat of the moment. We can only watch a game for the first time once - do we perceive what's important differently when it's in real time and we are anxious and uncertain? Will I look at everything very clinically now that I know we won? Hard to say. But I suspect we would see a lot of players differently based on when we watch the game and whether we know the result beforehand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back