Random NON FOOTY thoughts not worthy of a thread: Edition II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

A shout-out for some fantastic work done by the Victorian constabulary.

The increase in CBD based patrol cars can seem OTT, but I recently witnessed their contribution to law and order first hand.

A police vehicle was prowling along, inhabitants just enjoying their McDonalds when in a split second they sped up, activated the sirens and assertively controlled a situation that could've got out of hand.

A nonna had pulled up behind a taxi rank on Spencer Street while another nonna (assumedly had just jumped off a V-Line service) slowly packed her suitcases in the boot. Middle of the day, little to no immediate traffic.

My sense of pride in the establishment surged as the officers rushed up to be parallel with the reckless old lawbreakers and dealt out some ticketed justice.

That will be the last time those nonnas ever idle outside a train station. Good job Vic Police :thumbsu:

They sound like the same cops who booked Mrs Toes for jay walking at the pedestrian lights on Spencer St one morning when she crossed halfway on the green and sped up over the tram tracks when it began flashing red. Safety first!

They sound like the same cops who booked Mrs Toes for jay walking at the pedestrian lights on Spencer St one morning when she crossed halfway on the green and sped up over the tram tracks when it began flashing red. Safety first!

Seriously TT?

Hopefully there was a positive and that ticket helped them hit quota and win the weekly prize of a meat tray and a week's worth stash of seized blow.

A shout-out for some fantastic work done by the Victorian constabulary.

The increase in CBD based patrol cars can seem OTT, but I recently witnessed their contribution to law and order first hand.

A police vehicle was prowling along, inhabitants just enjoying their McDonalds when in a split second they sped up, activated the sirens and assertively controlled a situation that could've got out of hand.

A nonna had pulled up behind a taxi rank on Spencer Street while another nonna (assumedly had just jumped off a V-Line service) slowly packed her suitcases in the boot. Middle of the day, little to no immediate traffic.

My sense of pride in the establishment surged as the officers rushed up to be parallel with the reckless old lawbreakers and dealt out some ticketed justice.

That will be the last time those nonnas ever idle outside a train station. Good job Vic Police :thumbsu:

iu

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Seriously TT?

Hopefully there was a positive and that ticket helped them hit quota and win the weekly prize of a meat tray and a week's worth stash of seized blow.

Yep, seriouslyness. She phoned me in a huff having just spent ten minutes arguing with the twats in blue. She was livid! If it was downtown Dallas rather than Melbourne I suspect she may have pulled out a Glock and filled both cops full of lead.

Yep, seriouslyness. She phoned me in a huff having just spent ten minutes arguing with the twats in blue. She was livid! If it was downtown Dallas rather than Melbourne I suspect she may have pulled out a Glock and filled both cops full of lead.

Ha! Glad it wasn't though, if she sports blonde hair and is innocent there's a good chance they would've got in first.

I'd tell them to get ****ed, slowly drag the whole thing out through the court process, and then cost the system even more by opting out of paying the fine and paying it off in the nick over a few days.

VOILA! A couple of hundred bucks in bullshit state revenue has now magically reappeared as a bill tolling multiple tens of thousands in state debt.

I'd tell them to get ******, slowly drag the whole thing out through the court process, and then cost the system even more by opting out of paying the fine and paying it off in the nick over a few days.

VOILA! A couple of hundred bucks in bullshit state revenue has now magically reappeared as a bill tolling multiple tens of thousands in state debt.

I did suggest she challenge it and take it the full course but she wasn't too enthused about the possibility of a stint in a Himalayan monastery, however brief. She chose self enlightenment instead. Translation - I copped her whinging about it for weeks until she felt she'd satisfactorily got it all off her chest.

I did suggest she challenge it and take it the full course but she wasn't too enthused about the possibility of a stint in a Himalayan monastery, however brief. She chose self enlightenment instead. Translation - I copped her whinging about it for weeks until she felt she'd satisfactorily got it all off her chest.

If everyone defaulted fines and did them in the nick, then fines would disappear overnight.

Of course the states internal military arm (i.e. The Pigs) would quickly be around to your house to kick your family in to the street and seize possession of your property.

Totally useless info........ for the Dad's out there.

Awhile ago we changed internet companies and immediately had service improvement, despite the old company telling us over and over that the problem was with Telstra's lines and they'd logged it with Telstra and they'd keep me up to date, which they never did blah-de-blah-de-blah.....

So tech-savvy mini-JD's have introduced Mrs JD to Netflix, which she loves and watches drama after drama.

The point......

While doing work around the place, bathroom ceilings, etc I heard all these movies in the background. And the Dad's ears on me finds one thing over and over.....

EVERY SINGLE SOUNDTRACK sounds like it could be background music for Finding Nemo.

Listen up next time you watch anything that isn't sci-fi or an action flick. I'm betting the music could slot into Nemo without a hitch!

Totally useless info........ for the Dad's out there.

Awhile ago we changed internet companies and immediately had service improvement, despite the old company telling us over and over that the problem was with Telstra's lines and they'd logged it with Telstra and they'd keep me up to date, which they never did blah-de-blah-de-blah.....

So tech-savvy mini-JD's have introduced Mrs JD to Netflix, which she loves and watches drama after drama.

The point......

While doing work around the place, bathroom ceilings, etc I heard all these movies in the background. And the Dad's ears on me finds one thing over and over.....

EVERY SINGLE SOUNDTRACK sounds like it could be background music for Finding Nemo.

Listen up next time you watch anything that isn't sci-fi or an action flick. I'm betting the music could slot into Nemo without a hitch!

Once watched "Year of the Dog" and can vouch for the above.

With Embiid back the 76ers are a sneaky chance of taking the whole thing out:praying:
A few years ago I was working at a place where everyone seemed to be into overseas sport. I'd never really paid attention before that, to be honest. I hate it when people just pick whoever is on top, so I tried to find teams I could support for other reasons, maybe something about their history, for instance. In The NBA, though, I went for the 76ers for no other reason that that I was born in 1976. The first couple of years were a bit rough (28 wins in my first two years supporting them) but holy crap, it's been fun this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back