Random NON FOOTY thoughts not worthy of a thread: Edition II

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The loss of Bourdain hits hard. One of my all time favourite presenters.

Just had a way of articulating what he was thinking and how he felt about something that drew you in and made you feel like you were there.

One of the worlds great story tellers.

Such a sad situation.

Last edited:
Thanks for your thoughts about the kid - Nicholas - too.

He got really sick with that bastard flu last year - spent months in icu in Brisbane and the doctors said then that he wouldn't survive this winter. So we've all had a year to prepare. But now that time is running out it just sucks. I feel so bad for his olds and siblings. Its hard to get my head around the idea he probably will be dead by the * game. Life is a campaigner of a thing sometimes. It seems so unfair.

He was the first kid born after my daughter too - at least as far as my inlaws grandkids go - my eldest is their 10th Grandkid. (They've got about 15 now.) They were always the same age with stuff but when he started to get really sick. First mobility aids, then chairs, then a mobile breathing machine she started to work out something wasn't right. We haven't told her yet...

I'm a bit late in on this one, but just wanted to say how sorry I am to read about Nicholas' tragic story. Really sad stuff.

My thoughts go out to you and your family and, as others have said, prayers for better days ahead.

Fingers crossed for Scamper. We can't lose our little Geelong barn cat.

Can kiss the Flag goodbye.

Seriously though, sorry to hear that Tim. Hope you get some good news from the vet.

Anthony Bourdain has hung himself. RIP.

Wow. This thread has been a real pick me up.

Extremely s**t news. Bourdain is king. Absolutely love the bloke, from his rampant cynicism to his unsnobby take on food to his hatred of being forced to dance.

Look forward to sharing a beer with him in the afterlife, and I'm not going to let the fact that I don't believe in an afterlife stop me.

Vale, Tony.

Extremely s**t news. Bourdain is king. Absolutely love the bloke, from his rampant cynicism to his unsnobby take on food to his hatred of being forced to dance.

Look forward to sharing a beer with him in the afterlife, and I'm not going to let the fact that I don't believe in an afterlife stop me.

Vale, Tony.

I loathe those farcical culinary spectacles with the one exception, Anthony Bourdain.

Did it his way. In life...................and death.

Vale, Tony.

Wow,
I Actually thought he was a total condescending arrogant prick not unlike Jeremy Clarkson. Dont know if that was part of the act for the show or not? Having said that his world food series was very entertaining and i actually thought it would have been one of the better jobs in the world.

Wow,
I Actually thought he was a total condescending arrogant prick not unlike Jeremy Clarkson. Dont know if that was part of the act for the show or not? Having said that his world food series was very entertaining and i actually thought it would have been one of the better jobs in the world.
Just the way he came across without proper analysis of his personality. He was extremely honest and forthcoming and didn't sugar coat when something didn't hit the mark it should.

I would go as far to say as he was NEVER condescending.

Stuff he said was always said for a reason, he was always willing to give others a go regardless of where they came from and what they had done in the past.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wow,

Jeremy Clarke is a privileged ******* with his head up his arse. Bourdain wasn't. If anything he was the opposite.

Woo.

35114818_10156052934188347_7149309437440688128_n.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back