Preview Rd 10: Changes vs Saints

Remove this Banner Ad

Out: Wood, Hannan
In: Crozier, English
Sub: West
I don't think West should be sub. Sat out the Carlton game as sub, then VFL bye so hasn't played for 3 weeks. Given the subpar Richmond game and unfortunate discussion since, he needs to be on a ground getting a kick.

Given it was a VFL bye last week, suspect the sub will be a first 22 player from last week who needs a little management.

It's probably Hannan but I feel like he might be important come the pointy end of the season. That mid-sized forward that can take a mark but still be mobile and occasionally kicks 3-4 would be incredibly valuable, I think he can be that player but he'll need to start showing it soon.
Really? You wouldn't know it from his last three games, that's for sure.

Going by Bevo presser

We have a few sore players who will need to train Thursday to be selected

English (will be 3 weeks if he misses this week, hence some concern going forward imo) and Hunter no certainties

Sweet to play even if English comes in

Crozier to take Woods spot as like for like

Going by Bevo presser

We have a few sore players who will need to train Thursday to be selected

English (will be 3 weeks if he misses this week, hence some concern going forward imo) and Hunter no certainties

Sweet to play even if English comes in

Crozier to take Woods spot as like for like
Bruce, naughton, sweet, hannan and lipinski were all on light duties i believe

Where are the reports of English out coming from?? I listened to beveridges press conference he said English and Hunter would need to get through training Thursday.

He said English was feeling better this week and that they want him feeling good within himself and him coming to them saying he’s absolutely ready to play and he hopes that’s Thursday if not they will give him another week.

How does any of that say English is out???

Where are the reports of English out coming from?? I listened to beveridges press conference he said English and Hunter would need to get through training Thursday.

He said English was feeling better this week and that they want him feeling good within himself and him coming to them saying he’s absolutely ready to play and he hopes that’s Thursday if not they will give him another week.

How does any of that say English is out???
Panic, panic everywhere

That's really concerning if English is out again. Could we be looking at another Liam Picken situation?
I think we are looking at the opposite of a Liam Picken situation.

I think the Doggs have decided to set a new bar for player concussion welfare. Jamarra is having another week off too.

Thinking long term. Makes so much sense. Really proud of the club.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He's not out yet at all:

“We want him to be feeling good within himself and coming to us and saying ‘absolutely I’m ready to go’. Hopefully, that’s on Thursday, but if it’s not we will keep him out until he is totally ready.”

Like trying to read players faces in the background when a new player debuts, I'm turning my skills to trying to read Bulldogs FB ads and all I can say is that the Winky face is a dead giveaway....
Screenshot_20210518-215327.jpeg 7drHiqr.gif

Don't @ me ok....

The medical report yesterday only mentioned that English was still having some lingering headaches In the lead up to selection last week and decided to not to select him. Said they will monitor him for selection this week so won't know until Thursday. If you have a membership the link is in the latest email.

Not sure I would be managing either of our KPFs so JUH can come in. This is our tough stretch of games and I'd be playing the best possible team until at least the bye then they get a rest anyway. I want to see JUH in the ones as much as the next supporter, but there are more than a few opportunities against the lesser teams late in the year (hawks, roos, bombers, suns, crows). My guess is he plays against North, shouldn't really be much danger in having him in for that game.

I'd guess English in at least this week, not sure who else goes out. It's probably Hannan but I feel like he might be important come the pointy end of the season. That mid-sized forward that can take a mark but still be mobile and occasionally kicks 3-4 would be incredibly valuable, I think he can be that player but he'll need to start showing it soon.
I keep hearing that Hannan ‘can take a mark’. When is this event supposed to be taking place?

Wallis would be burning that Hannan is playing and he isn't.

I wonder whether Hannan is more at risk of being dropped and replaced with Wallis once English returns.

English obviously brings a lot more height, so less of need to have Hannan who is taller and supposedly more of a threat in the air than Wallis.

Wallis would be burning that Hannan is playing and he isn't.
Watch Naughton's screamer.
We had a Hannan dummy lead clear one opposition KPD from the area, and Weightman front and square. If Wallis leads, no way a KPD goes with him.
I'd say Hannan's forward 50 role is closer to English's role than anything Wallis can provide. Sadly I just don't think Wallis fits into our structure anymore.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back