Preview Rd 18 - Fremantle v Geelong - Thu July 15, 8:10PM at OS

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
JOEL Selwood is back for Geelong's Round 18 clash with Fremantle at Optus Stadium on Thursday night.

The skipper headlines three inclusions for a Cats side that will be chasing its 13th victory of the season.

Pressure forward Luke Dahlhaus returns after being managed last week, whilst Quinton Narkle gets another chance at senior level.

Out for the Cats are Lachie Henderson (Personal Reasons), Gary Rohan (Injured) and Max Holmes (Omitted).

Holmes has been included as an emergency alongside Zach Guthrie, Francis Evans and Jordan Clark.

Geelong's Round 18 clash at Optus Stadium will commence at 8.10pm AEST (6.10pm AWST).

The medical substitute will be named an hour prior to the first bounce.

Round 18 Team
In: Joel Selwood, Luke Dahlhaus, Quinton Narkle

Out: Lachie Henderson (Personal Reasons), Gary Rohan (Injured), Max Holmes (Omitted)

BacksTom AtkinsJake KolodjashnijJack Henry
Half BacksJoel SelwoodTom StewartMark Blicavs
CentrelineIsaac SmithCameron GuthrieZach Tuohy
Half ForwardsPatrick DangerfieldEsava RatugoleaGryan Miers
ForwardsShaun HigginsTom HawkinsLuke Dahlhaus
FollowersRhys StanleyMark O'ConnorQuinton Narkle
InterchangeJed BewsBrandan ParfittSam Menegola
Brad Close
EmergenciesMax HolmesZach GuthrieFrancis Evans
Jordan Clark

This could be tricky. We do still have enough talent to win but our forward line is gonna be pretty disorganised, one would imagine. I get it though. We HAVE to manage players at this time of year with our banked wins. If we're good enough, we'll still get the chocolates and be pretty fresh next week back at the 'G. Calculated risk worth taking imo.

I'm guessing:

Ins: Selwood, Dahlhaus, Narkle
Outs: Holmes, Rohan (inj/managed), Hendo (managed)

Doesn't seem to be much love for Narkle but he'll be fresh so should come in. I don't think Freo have much height forward with Tabener out beyond Lobb (Blicavs takes him) so can rest a tall; O'Connor goes back as needed. Sav's first half last week wasn't bad so he stays - needs a sunny day which hopefully he gets next week.

Jarvis, SDK, Okunbor should be chances after last week's VFL match. Freddy looks good but needs more game time. Travelling emergencies could be interesting in themselves.
FIG JAM
now where's my meat tray???

Stuffed the emergencies mind you - can't believe they're not sending a tall

Henderson is a big out, im guessing with Rohan out that Sav plays mostly forward...or if its wet do we drop him and play Evans instead.
Sav played mostly forward last week on a very average player and still managed to play s**t
I hope it’s raining and we’re smart enough to drop him for Evans

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That was his first game as a key forward. I agree he didn't take his chances, but kicked more goals than Hawkins! Jezza is out for at least another month, Esava needs to be given that time.
I suppose we will agree to disagree... the difference in my eye is Hawkins had a gun defender on him were esava had a 4th string defender on him...

It's Scott's classic MO... feel out the opposition and coach reactively rather than coming in with a clear proactive plan ourselves. I thought we'd shaken it over the last season and a bit but the slow starts are back now.

Do you honestly think that slow starts are down to the coaching style? Have you listened to any coach in any sport speak about slow starts ever?

I suppose we will agree to disagree... the difference in my eye is Hawkins had a gun defender on him were esava had a 4th string defender on him...
That’s the benefit of having a gun full forward, he draws the best defender and leaves others to play on lesser defenders.

‘If’ ……
It actually seems he doesn’t want to be out there now. He can’t deal with the scrutiny and analysis of his game. His confidence is shot and he is not deserving of a game. He probably knows that.
Cameron injured presents him with a great opportunity. I think he cringed at the opportunity when Jez was confirmed out for weeks. It’s an opportunity to fail for him. That’s where he is at.

Wow this is one hell of an armchair psychologist diagnosis!

giphy.gif

Lose a goal kicker, bring in a goal kicker. FFS, it’s not hard.
Once you shuffle the names around into the positions they are more likely to play it's a reasonable side,may need however to leave Danger in the forward 50 to kick a winning score.

Lose a goal kicker, bring in a goal kicker. FFS, it’s not hard.

Who in the hell is the goal kicker who is coming in - and how many has that goal kicker kicked this year ?

More like out goes rolled gold chocolate and in comes boiled lollies

It will be even money - toss of the coin odds when this game starts now

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back