Game Day Rd 23, 2013 - Brisbane v Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought big Sam Michael has potential. I hope we keep him around next year. Can play forward, back and pinch hit in the ruck. Those kind of blokes are invaluable. Tough and hard as well.

Certainly wasn't over awed. Used body well, was relatively competitive in the ruck. Didn't look like his third game. Something to work with considering his tank is huge, his body is already huge and will get stronger and will get a greater sense of the game with more experience.

Well now I have had some time to calm down a bit and think this out, F*** YOU MCBURNEY YOU CHEAT!

In all seriousness, how is he fit to umpire a finals game if he is to weak to pay a clear as day HTB decision because of the boos the Geelong crowd would have given him? Mentally fit I am talking about. Rubbish decision.

I can honestly say I don't have any respect for Umpires Not because of this game, But the fact they hate being Picked on and yet Round in round out they can't get decisions right when it counts. They cost Brisbane a finals spot and yet, What will get done about it??? Diddly ****ing squat thats what. They insist on Using a Video review on Questionable goals (Which they still can't get right) Why not have a Video Review to get decisions right like the Chapman obvious holding the ball decision if they aren't sure what to do??

As fans you should be ridiculously proud today. Heart breaking to get so close but what a great effort and thrilling contest. Bright future ahead with some of those boys coming through and standing up.

This may seem ridiculous but maybe the umpire knowing there was little time left (If he heard the runners) called the ball up early to keep the match alive without the time running down. In doing so he made an error for the Chapman drag in.

Great to see their effort today and how the backline stood up in that third quarter onslaught for so long.

As fans you should be ridiculously proud today. Heart breaking to get so close but what a great effort and thrilling contest. Bright future ahead with some of those boys coming through and standing up.

This may seem ridiculous but maybe the umpire knowing there was little time left (If he heard the runners) called the ball up early to keep the match alive without the time running down. In doing so he made an error for the Chapman drag in.

Great to see their effort today and how the backline stood up in that third quarter onslaught for so long.

I was so happy with how we withstood that pressure. You got sense that any moment we could buckle and you'd see a flurry of goals. Granted they kicked three in the last four minutes but considering the pressure throughout the entirety of the quarter it could have easily been worse. Great effort by the boys.

North immaterial...they are committed to F/S Luke McDonald.;)

That depends on when North supporters were asked about him this season.

Before the season = "OMGG!!!11!!!1! McDonald is the bestest football kicking person everer, who's this Byod?"
Now that it looks like McDonald is a very slim chance of slipping to the second round = "Pfft McDonald isn't even that good, teams would be silly to bid"

:p

So much to look forward to in 2014. Any Coach who has any semblance of ambition should be lining up to coach us and continue to develop the talent, free of charge....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Today showed in great clarity the hurdles the Lions have to over come to beat not only the opposition teams but also the inbuilt bias against the interstate teams that is exemplified when examining the free kicks after every game.

Today is was a non free kick which is even more frustrating.

It is time that the umpiring panel comprising members from all states not as it is at this time.

On todays performance I would suggest that most other coaches in the league would want to coach the Lions next year.

Well done Harvey - difficult job great results.

Well now I have had some time to calm down a bit and think this out, F*** YOU MCBURNEY YOU CHEAT!

In all seriousness, how is he fit to umpire a finals game if he is to weak to pay a clear as day HTB decision because of the boos the Geelong crowd would have given him? Mentally fit I am talking about. Rubbish decision.
I'm the same. I've been out to water the garden (with a watering can before you ask) and pottered around the house a bit but it's not going away :mad:

What about the diving from some of the Cats players. Especially Johnson. He could be in line for a Gold Logie,
It's what they do. It's in their DNA. And the AFL just accepts it. They should go and have a look at the EPL and see how it has been absolutely ruined by cheating ****ers diving around, then they will know they need to clamp down on that shit.

As my father says Umpires are just Afl player wanna bes that couldn't play football so they take it out on Players that actually are good.

Still not sure how to feel about that, anger, encouragement, pride and resignation are all jostling for position.

But I will say, any young bloke on our list who watched that effort and still wants to leave can go and get ****ed!

And that goes for Roos as well.

Lets hope that our boys use this game as a real springboard for next year, I reckon we're a mile ahead of where we were only a few months ago. :thumbsu:

I hit a brick wall today and crashed, but I heard the last two minutes. What a finish, devastating, anger, exciting and PRIDE.

As Gerard Whately and Mark McClure? said on ABC, we have quite a team coming through and it is a plum coaching role for someone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back