Game Day Rd 23, 2013 - Brisbane v Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
That game and that decision unfortunately was symbolic of our season and left me even more bitter.

Amazing to think the Cats fans were booing off the umps as they left the arena.:rolleyes:

The bloody nerve of those self-entitled Cats fans.

Don't be bitter Dylan ,be proud.:hearts:
Our boys are the ones that really matter and they have come out today and played brilliantly.
Really saw our future.resiliance under adversity are very good traits.
We have a lot to look forward to

It's hard for me to feel proud right now. Looks like port will beat Carlton. One horrible umpiring decision cost us not only the biggest upset of the year, but also a spot in the finals. Geelong have won 48/50, and we are the 2nd youngest team in the comp, it would have been amazing if we got up. But one stupid umpiring decision killed it all. I'm so angry and disappointed right now.

Don't be bitter Dylan ,be proud.:hearts:
Our boys are the ones that really matter and they have come out today and played brilliantly.
Really saw our future.resiliance under adversity are very good traits.
We have a lot to look forward to

Exactly. Losing to Geelong at SS by 1 point when it came down to one kick should not be understated.

Sitting on the bus back to Melbourne and I'm still in shock and anguish.

Kez you're one of the best hardcore supporters this club has! To travel all the way from Brissie to Geelong to support the boys is amazing. I know you have a long trip back home but keep your chin up and have a safe flight back

That game and that decision unfortunately was symbolic of our season and left me even more bitter.

Amazing to think the Cats fans were booing off the umps as they left the arena.:rolleyes:

The bloody nerve of those self-entitled Cats fans.

I was saying that during the game - self-entitled. They've had the most amazing run at home. There would have been fans there today who have never seen a defeat and yet they get on their players for dropping a mark (Chapman) or missing a goal (Hawkins), then start on the umps. Pure shit.

I hope Carlton wins! That way I would not feel so sad about this loss. Well done by the boys.

Looking forward to the Reserves playing finals.

Great game!! To come so close. For those that are still bitter... Really.... It was pot luck chance that we had this opportunity. The season was shot in the first half of the year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I hope Carlton wins! That way I would not feel so sad about this loss. Well done by the boys.

Looking forward to the Reserves playing finals.

Not going to happen unfortunately. Port are dominating the game at the moment

Picking Lester to be one of the top performers this pre-season, that miss will spur him on to work harder. He's been our most improved player this year hands down, at least the most surprising.

hes showing good burst of speed now, combine that with a bit more size and we could have a gun inside player

It's hard for me to feel proud right now. Looks like port will beat Carlton. One horrible umpiring decision cost us not only the biggest upset of the year, but also a spot in the finals. Geelong have won 48/50, and we are the 2nd youngest team in the comp, it would have been amazing if we got up. But one stupid umpiring decision killed it all. I'm so angry and disappointed right now.

3rd*. But **** yes, totally agree. I cannot begin to describe how I currently feel. I tried to explain to my girlfriend but she tried to console me (unsuccessfully).

If it's not us then I'd rather North than Carlton. Though that would mean it could have been us. I'm so conflicted!

I was looking at it from a draft pick point of view. Pick 8 ATM, pick 6 if both those teams win.

All the talk on the umps sheez forget about it.

If that game was at the Gabba Chappy would have been awarded a free for well something.

I only watched the last minute and listened to the game in the car while working.

Sounded like we took a Flag winning team to the wire I am PROUD and happy we didn`t lie down and played a excellent game

Dylan, you seem really determined to be a killjoy ATM. Can't speak for others, but it's becoming a bit wearying.

If it's not us then I'd rather North than Carlton. Though that would mean it could have been us. I'm so conflicted!
Just do what I'm doing, hope they make it just so they can be smashed to pieces in the first week of the finals.

Pardon the intrusion, but I actually want to pay my compliments to your players and staff for such a tremendous effort. It was courageous, it was skilful, and you have probably taught us a lesson which may well win us the whole shebang (much like Sydney did at Kardinia Park late in 2011). If that last shot at goal had won you the match, this "self-entitled Cats fan" (;)) could have had no complaints.

I think that when your off field stuff gets sorted, you have the squad and culture to make some serious noise in September 2014, and I for one won't begrudge you that at all.

I think that you will be enjoying some very good moments on this board from here on.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back