Game Day Rd 23, 2013 - Brisbane v Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The narrow loss is devastating but...

This game is going to be the making of us. No Brown, no Black, no Merrett and we are as good as anyone. The guys who started the year as fringe players are now best 22, some of our key players are heading towards A grade together.

I will take the loss, as hard as it is, as much as that terrible non-HTB decision hurt with ten seconds to go, because we know we can match it with anyone, anywhere. And every one of our players will be itching for the 2014 season to start.

What annoys me more now than anything is the sheer lack of energy they put into singing their song in the dressing room then. They won by an umps call and a miss kick from us. You'd think they would sing like that's a proper victory, not just go through the motion.

I think its because they knew they got away with one. Bad luck to the Lions today the certainly had as much right to take home the 4 points as we did. I know I would be filthy if that decision was reversed and cost us a game. Hopefully the Blues can roll Port so the decision doesn't cost you a Finals spot.

To tell you the truth I'm actually more steamed about Lisle's mark that was taken off him in the 3rd quarter. There's no rational under the sun for that one.

I'm so proud of you Brisbane Lions and you all should be proud of yourselves. You have proven that theres definitely talent there guys 10 Wins 12 Losses for the year should have been 11 Wins 11 Losses ( But we won't go there I'm angry enough at the moment) Anyway We have alot to look forward to in 2014 Bring it on!!

lilse best game for the club against one of the best defensive units....

I was saying mcgrath should of been dropped for this match......I am still wiping the egg from my face

Lester, great game, showed some real pace, The thing I really like about this kid is for mine his 2 best games have been V the swans at SCG when the lions got touched up and today.

Big dads showed some real promise.........

So proud today of the boys efforts. Did their absolute best. Highlight for me was Matthew 'Goose' Maguire shaking my hand as they walked off thanking us for the support. The 36 is going on my jumper next year :).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven't seen the game yet so I'm not sure how to feel, but it's quite interesting that all 3 winners so far finished on 112 points

Talk about "restrained fury"... Geez.

I'm so damn proud of the Lions. Hold our heads up high, results aside we know how great we are. Paul Roos, you're making a huge mistake not wanting to coach this side. Whoever does is getting a gift.

Great game, what an effort against Geelong in Geelong. Unhappy not sneak into the finals but bloody hell what a team effort today. Really good signs in the last half of the year for 2014

Commiserations guys. You were very impressive today as you were against us last time we met. Your next coach has plenty to work with (what I'd give to have Daniel Rich in a Geelong guernsey) and I'll be tipping you to make the 8 next year!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back