Game Day Rd20 2018 Richmond vs Geelong MCG 7:50pm

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Battled hard to win that with an under strength side thAt came into the game in red hot form. Missing Prestia took the edge of our diamond cut midfield and the wet conditions played into the hands of the scrubbers in their side . My only fault was failing to capitalise on a +20 i50 thAt should be an 8G plus win every day of the week so interesting to look into that , likely the extra 2 Scott put behind the ball intercepted a few and added to the congestion , no doubt engineered over a coffee with his bro , another W tigers , keep it up

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Love a good win against a 25 man team.

Mods have had heart attacks from the close game, flashbacks of the old Richmond haunting them.

But we didnt try to 'save the game' tonight. We took it on in the last couple minutes and won it fair and square when the handbaggers had all the momentum. So satisfying to see how much we've come since the mid-season last year when we lost a few close ones in a row.

Up the ******* Tiges! Top 4 locked in now.

Well sometimes you win ugly - but you win!! They threw the kitchen sink at us - Danger 39, Selwood 37, Kelly 36 and Duncan 33 and they still can’t beat us. The sign of a great team is when they are playing poorly they find a way to win. Bank the points and move on. Every week I’m sick of hearing about brave efforts against the Tiges despite us winning. Let them think they can get us. When it matters we can still go another gear. And statistically we should have won this by six goals. Two ten minute bad spells and suddenly they are contenders? Give me a break.

The only thing that hurt us on the scoreboard was unselfishness, players who could otherwise have goaled squaring off. It's a good space to be in.
True - but a couple were a bit selfish. I would just say our decision marking inside 50 was a problem and is usually why we don’t bury sides given our usual
high number of inside 50s

Well sometimes you win ugly - but you win!! They threw the kitchen sink at us - Danger 39, Selwood 37, Kelly 36 and Duncan 33 and they still can’t beat us. The sign of a great team is when they are playing poorly they find a way to win. Bank the points and move on. Every week I’m sick of hearing about brave efforts against the Tiges despite us winning. Let them think they can get us. When it matters we can still go another gear. And statistically we should have won this by six goals. Two ten minute bad spells and suddenly they are contenders? Give me a break.
To be a contender, you need to make finals, cats will be ninth come Monday

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back