Draft Review 2008 - Re-do the 2008 draft

Remove this Banner Ad

I get the fact Watts had a good season last year but lets not get carried away.

Now if he had kicked 259 goals to date like someone else from this draft everyone would take Jack at #1 again, but this guy kicks 259 goals (almost 100 goals more than the next highest) and cant get into the top 20 from the draft, GMAB!
Garlett is pretty underrated. In comparison, it was a terrible year for forwards.

There are two premiership ruckmen from this draft that have barely been mentioned and IMO would be top 25 for importance to their respective teams - Jordan Roughead and Mike Pyke.

Zaharkis should not be that high.
Been thinking the same thing, there are some big names below him.

But these lists always get hard after the first few.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

There are two premiership ruckmen from this draft that have barely been mentioned and IMO would be top 25 for importance to their respective teams - Jordan Roughead and Mike Pyke.
This premiership pronouncement is terribly overvalued. Clay Sampson played in a premiership. Steven Armstrong played in a premiership. Tom Boyd played in a premiership. Ordinary players play in premierships.

(And yes, Boyd played an excellent game. His only one to date, but he picked the right time to play a good one.)

Anyone who has Ziebull near the top 10 is being seduced by him being a captain.

Guy is a dead set plodder who occassionally hits someone to get the tough tag

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk

This premiership pronouncement is terribly overvalued. Clay Sampson played in a premiership. Steven Armstrong played in a premiership. Tom Boyd played in a premiership. Ordinary players play in premierships.

(And yes, Boyd played an excellent game. His only one to date, but he picked the right time to play a good one.)
Their premiership player status is secondary to their output and importance for their respective teams since drafted. Roughead and Pyke have been very good players and are no Aaron Keating/Greg Madigan types.

With all things considered (Injuries/suspensions/consistency)

1. Rory Sloane
2. Daniel Hannebury
3. Nic Naitanui
4. Michael Hurley
5. Steele Sidebottom
6. Dayne Beams
7. Luke Shuey
8. Stephen Hill
9. Tom Lynch
10. Daniel Rich

Their premiership player status is secondary to their output and importance for their respective teams since drafted. Roughead and Pyke have been very good players and are no Aaron Keating/Greg Madigan types.
I agree, but some supporters want to pigeon hole players as "premiership players" as if no further discussion need be entered into.

Seriously doubt any side is taking Neville Jetta ahead of the likes of Shiels, Motlop and Rich. Shut down back pockets who can't play tall are not high value players.

But decent at best mids, inconsistent half forwards and guys who haven't played good football since 2010 are high value? How many players can consistently shut down Eddie Betts? Jetta, and?

Anyone who rates Daniel Rich as anything more than average is the kind of fan who watches one Brisbane game a year but kind of remembers that blonde dude who can kick them from 60

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But decent at best mids, inconsistent half forwards and guys who haven't played good football since 2010 are high value? How many players can consistently shut down Eddie Betts? Jetta, and?

Haha your bias is insane. Neville Jetta first 40 games where putrid and has only played 90 games 50 less than. Rich.

No one is picking a slow developing back pocket ahead guys who can actually influence games.

Anyone who rates Daniel Rich as anything more than average is the kind of fan who watches one Brisbane game a year but kind of remembers that blonde dude who can kick them from 60

Just praying he can keep up his form from the last couple of weeks. Been really good. But been poor for a very long time.

Anyone who has Ziebull near the top 10 is being seduced by him being a captain.

Guy is a dead set plodder who occassionally hits someone to get the tough tag

Sent from my SM-G925I using Tapatalk
Has been great this year - 3 out of the 4 games he will be in the coaches votes. Maybe watch the Tassie game from last year again.

With all things considered (Injuries/suspensions/consistency)

1. Rory Sloane
2. Daniel Hannebury
3. Nic Naitanui
4. Michael Hurley
5. Steele Sidebottom
6. Dayne Beams
7. Luke Shuey
8. Stephen Hill
9. Tom Lynch
10. Daniel Rich

Rockliff stiff based on the criteria.

Has been great this year - 3 out of the 4 games he will be in the coaches votes. Maybe watch the Tassie game from last year again.
I think we had Blakely running with him for the first half tonight.
It's funny now looking back at all the crap we copped for taking S.Hill over him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back