Opinion Recruiting and List Management Team: Hamish Ogilvie, Justin Reid & Co

Should Hamish Ogilvie and Justin Reid be sacked?

• Both should be sacked

• Only Hamish Ogilvie should be sacked

• Only Justin Reid should be sacked

• Neither should be sacked

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Each to their own, we have the opportunity to put people on ignore
Or they can just behave reasonably. Ignoring just allows them to continue their disrespectful and poorly argued ways. Ignoring empowers the behaviour and reduces us all by its presence!

It’s just treating people with respect. And not even that really. You wouldn’t call someone you didn’t know a ******* moron to their face. Doing it online is cowardly.
Using emojis, like the laughing one, to ridicule someone’s post could also be considered just as cowardly and definitely offensive to some posters yet no-one pulls the offenders up for this.

When you work in the construction/ mining environment your vocabulary is going to be different to the office worker, management levels , etc. Not an excuse just differences in groups.

Accept everyone for who they are or block them. Either way just move on and talk s**t about footy again.
Blocking someone doesn’t empower the blocked person, it means you don’t have to read their posts.

And I have ( and do) call people a ******* moron, and worse, to their face. Yep I’m in the construction industry. It happens.

And I have ( and do) call people a ******* moron, and worse, to their face. Yep I’m in the construction industry. It happens.
I don't allow "Moron" on our board .....it actually has two connotations, the older one I grew up with ...which was a term used for the mentally handicapped ....and the modern term for being stupid

I'm called a bit old fashioned ....but I still have the original intention of the word, everytime I see it .....and just can't accept the need to use the word

Despite all your rants, which are enjoyable reading ....you post in a style that's hard to take offence to

I haven't seen you get personal with a poster....you tend to generalise, throw everyone with a different POV into the same melting pot ....hard to take offence at that, I enjoy your posts ;)

Ahh Wayne, Ive said some quite nasty things to you over the years.To which youve never replied in kind.
I think you must be a real sweetheart in real life mate.

Cmon, group hug everybody?

Agree that there are a number of players on our list that are nearing the end of their opportunity.

We can't, however, just dump them all in the one year. Given that most, if not all, would be delisted and not traded, we will have lots of spaces but no draft picks to fill the vacancies, and certainly none of any quality. And, anyone you draft has to have an initial two year contract.

This means we are just going to have to do it gradually - perhaps four or five per year. So who are you going to choose out of Berry, Murphy, Sloane, Cook, Hamill, McHenry, Smith, Borlase, Himmelberg, Parnell, Sholl or Bond?
(Chosen from the names most frequently mentioned by the BF Headhunters!)

RESIGN x2
Berry
Murphy
Cook

RESIGN x1
McHenry
Smith
Parnell

GONE
Hamill
Borlase
Himmelberg
Sholl
Bond
Sloane

Agree that there are a number of players on our list that are nearing the end of their opportunity.

We can't, however, just dump them all in the one year. Given that most, if not all, would be delisted and not traded, we will have lots of spaces but no draft picks to fill the vacancies, and certainly none of any quality. And, anyone you draft has to have an initial two year contract.

This means we are just going to have to do it gradually - perhaps four or five per year. So who are you going to choose out of Berry, Murphy, Sloane, Cook, Hamill, McHenry, Smith, Borlase, Himmelberg, Parnell, Sholl or Bond?
(Chosen from the names most frequently mentioned by the BF Headhunters!)

First year I'd get rid of Sloane, Smith, Himmelberg, Hamill and McHenry

Murphy is already contracted for 2025. One year deal for Sholl, Borlase and Bond

So in the second year Murphy, Sholl, Borlase, Crouch and Strachan gone.

Bond, Cook, Berry, Parnell TBD on form

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RESIGN x2
Berry
Murphy
Cook

RESIGN x1
McHenry
Smith
Parnell

GONE
Hamill
Borlase
Himmelberg
Sholl
Bond
Sloane
Re-sign... rather than resign....

I'm waiting til during the year to make a call as things can change quickly.

LOL ....I still read that as a general thought ....anyone who prefers Laird over Petracca / Oliver is a Moron
Your correct.. It wasnt directed at you.. it was a general thought.

We all know that if any of us here were asked to pick a team and the last two players we had to pick from were petracca or laird.. that we’d all pick petracca every day of the week and twice on sundays.

No ones that moronic to go the opposite direction.

Laird does some decent things but I cant recall him ever winning games off his own boot..

Stats or no stats we all know Petracca wins games off his own boot regularly.

We all see it happen.

RESIGN x2
Berry
Murphy
Cook

RESIGN x1
McHenry
Smith
Parnell

GONE
Hamill
Borlase
Himmelberg
Sholl
Bond
Sloane
If all those players resign, we'll need a lot of picks. Hopefully we can re-sign some of them.

I don't allow "Moron" on our board .....it actually has two connotations, the older one I grew up with ...which was a term used for the mentally handicapped ....and the modern term for being stupid

I'm called a bit old fashioned ....but I still have the original intention of the word, everytime I see it .....and just can't accept the need to use the word
And yet the word ‘ moron’ has been used n this page alone 3-4 times. Why was mine singled out?
You yourself typed it once.

Love or hate Murphy.

His acting here was sublime, get him to 100 games just for that.

He still had to be told by the runner to stay down and pretend he was really hurt..

Or else he wouldve got up and attempted the kick on goal.. and it wouldnt have ended up in Dawsons hands..

Back