Opinion Recruiting and List Management Team: Hamish Ogilvie, Justin Reid & Co

Should Hamish Ogilvie and Justin Reid be sacked?

• Both should be sacked

• Only Hamish Ogilvie should be sacked

• Only Justin Reid should be sacked

• Neither should be sacked

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yeah…

Lets keep picking underachievers and underperformers because they are “loved” nice blokes.

ANY coach that doesnt work to replace his poorer skilled players on his list with better skilled players is a coach that isnt going to win premierships..

And ease up on the hate bullshit.. I dont hate any of the crows players.. this is a forum where we critique players skills, talent and performance.. that doesnt instantly mean you hate them because your criticism is harsh.

This “you just hate them” nonsense is childish and I suspect it is the fall back position of some around here who simply cant handle their little favourite players being criticised in any way.
Dude here’s some advice.

Half your takes aren’t bad.

It’s just you speak to people like they’re a piece of s**t and don’t show other posters much respect. You come across as a bully and a troll. You likely would not keep that same energy in person and are likely a massive pussy.

Be a better bloke.

Given Murphy has been selected consistently ahead of him, I doubt it.

Is this McHenrys last year? Can see us cutting our losses and delisting him or he becomes a rookie
I got a feeling he will get delisted too

Not sure any other clubs will come for him , although could see him get picked up as a delisted FA

Seems like a ripping good fella

Gut feel is yes. Might even get rival interest and request a trade

I’d hope next year we get rid of some deadweight - EH, Sholl, Hamill, McHenry, Sloane for starters. Who knows how Berry, Cook, Parnell, Bond do, as well
All of those will be in the gun IMO

Can see Bond , Cook , Parnell , Mchenry , Hamill ,Sholl ,Sloane , EH delisted

What are the contract status’ ?

Berry will be ok but maybe not best 22

Just shows we got a little way to go although you never have 42 first 22 on a list

All of those will be in the gun IMO

Can see Bond , Cook , Parnell , Mchenry , Hamill ,Sholl ,Sloane , EH delisted

What are the contract status’ ?

Berry will be ok but maybe not best 22

Just shows we got a little way to go although you never have 42 first 22 on a list
Hopefully we give Cook a run of games next year, the rest can go

I got a feeling he will get delisted too

Not sure any other clubs will come for him , although could see him get picked up as a delisted FA

Seems like a ripping good fella
Maybe GWS or GCS - both are heavily influenced by the Richmond model of forward pressure, so they might find a role for him.

Dare I say… McHenry is probably his likely replacement

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

That was probably the initial plan but thankfully it seems they're seeing the light and Ned has been put on the outer, at least last season.

I'm not a big Murphy fan at all, very limited player, but he's light years ahead of Ned. Not a lot of difference age wise between them anyway.

It's a real shame Stengle never worked out.

Last edited:
Dare I say… McHenry is probably his likely replacement

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

As a professional sub? absolutely. Ned seems strangely suited to the role.

Inside midfield? Probably looking towards Soligo as the first drop replacement. Though, really, Matt Crouch ended up doing a fair chunk of it.

Dude here’s some advice.

It’s just you speak to people like they’re a piece of s**t and don’t show other posters much respect. You come across as a bully and a troll. You likely would not keep that same energy in person and are likely a massive pussy.

Be a better bloke.
One of the few I would enjoy a beer with

Dude here’s some advice.

Be a better bloke.
Thanks dude..

Who exactly have I spoken to in here “like they are a piece of sh*t”?..

I barely address anyone in here personally. I address the arguments.

I give my opinions on the performance of the club and its players. I cop some personnal feedback on many occassions for doing so.. get called all manner of things by some. i couldnt give a fxxk about that, doesnt bother me in the slightest.

If some in here cannot handle hearing opinions that are harsh on players they love then thats on them.. if a player is underperforming and playing like garbage then I’m going to point that out.

If that upsets people then maybe they arent really the type of people that should frequent public forums.

Dude here’s some advice.

Be a better bloke.
Just saw this… it came up on my facebook feed from some random…

IMG_1191.jpeg

Instantly thought of your comment for some reason..

Thanks dude..

Who exactly have I spoken to in here “like they are a piece of sh*t”?..

I barely address anyone in here personally. I address the arguments.

I give my opinions on the performance of the club and its players. I cop some personnal feedback on many occassions for doing so.. get called all manner of things by some. i couldnt give a fxxk about that, doesnt bother me in the slightest.

If some in here cannot handle hearing opinions that are harsh on players they love then thats on them.. if a player is underperforming and playing like garbage then I’m going to point that out.

If that upsets people then maybe they arent really the type of people that should frequent public forums.
I never post here, but have a read every now and again. Swear all I’ve read over the past year is you calling people imbeciles, idiots, w***ers etc and thought I’d have an input. Again I actually agree with you about Murphy and most your takes about keays I’m onboard. But why do you feel the need to try and belittle people who don’t agree with your point ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I never post here, but have a read every now and again. Swear all I’ve read over the past year is you calling people imbeciles, idiots, w***ers etc and thought I’d have an input. Again I actually agree with you about Murphy and most your takes about keays I’m onboard. But why do you feel the need to try and belittle people who don’t agree with your point ?
Dont recall calling anyone here a w**ker..

I think I refered to 119others as an imbicile BUT that was in response to their initial comment…

IMG_1192.jpeg

Calling me an ill-informed numbnut..

But hey, if someone wants to use that language when refering to me I’ll respond in kind..

As I said.. this is a public internet forum.. your never gonna agree with every opinion on here and some may even find some opinions hard to accept..

There’s a block function available for use for those who are a little fragile and easily upset and affended..

I’ve never blocked anyone on here.. I dont agree with some of the opinions and arguments put forward.. but wouldnt go blocking them as I enjoy the conversation and arguments from all sides regardless of whether I agree with them or not.

I’ll leave it there as I dont think many will want to continue trawling their way through this convo..

I think I refered to 119others as an imbicile BUT that was in response to their initial comment…

View attachment 1858824

Calling me an ill-informed numbnut..

But hey, if someone wants to use that language when refering to me I’ll respond in kind..

As I said.. this is a public internet forum.. your never gonna agree with every opinion on here and some may even find some opinions hard to accept..

There’s a block function available for use for those who are a little fragile and easily upset and affended..

I’ve never blocked anyone on here.. I dont agree with some of the opinions and arguments put forward.. but wouldnt go blocking them as I enjoy the conversation and arguments from all sides regardless of whether I agree with them or not.

I’ll leave it there as I dont think many will want to continue trawling their way through this convo..
I’d me more offended by being called a pussy

Despite all your rants, which are enjoyable reading ....you post in a style that's hard to take offence to

I haven't seen you get personal with a poster....you tend to generalise, throw everyone with a different POV into the same melting pot ....hard to take offence at that, I enjoy your posts ;)

Agree that there are a number of players on our list that are nearing the end of their opportunity.

We can't, however, just dump them all in the one year. Given that most, if not all, would be delisted and not traded, we will have lots of spaces but no draft picks to fill the vacancies, and certainly none of any quality. And, anyone you draft has to have an initial two year contract.

This means we are just going to have to do it gradually - perhaps four or five per year. So who are you going to choose out of Berry, Murphy, Sloane, Cook, Hamill, McHenry, Smith, Borlase, Himmelberg, Parnell, Sholl or Bond?
(Chosen from the names most frequently mentioned by the BF Headhunters!)

Agree that there are a number of players on our list that are nearing the end of their opportunity.

We can't, however, just dump them all in the one year. Given that most, if not all, would be delisted and not traded, we will have lots of spaces but no draft picks to fill the vacancies, and certainly none of any quality. And, anyone you draft has to have an initial two year contract.

This means we are just going to have to do it gradually - perhaps four or five per year. So who are you going to choose out of Berry, Murphy, Sloane, Cook, Hamill, McHenry, Smith, Borlase, Himmelberg, Parnell, Sholl or Bond?
(Chosen from the names most frequently mentioned by the BF Headhunters!)
After a moment's reflection ................ if there are free agents or quality delisted players available, then they are obvious targets instead of late round draftees.

Despite all your rants, which are enjoyable reading ....you post in a style that's hard to take offence to

I haven't seen you get personal with a poster....you tend to generalise, throw everyone with a different POV into the same melting pot ....hard to take offence at that, I enjoy your posts ;)

I find it easier not liking anyone 😊

I find it easier not liking anyone 😊
i hate you GIF

LOL ....I still read that as a general thought ....anyone who prefers Laird over Petracca / Oliver is a Moron
Whether you can laugh it off or not, its still disrespectful. It's just low level bullying to amplify a point, when the poster can't be bothered using reasonable language. It doesn't make the point stronger, it just illustrates that the poster look weaker.

Cue the people who will now call me WOKE - which will be another example of the same thing!

Whether you can laugh it off or not, its still disrespectful. It's just low level bullying to amplify a point, when the poster can't be bothered using reasonable language. It doesn't make the point stronger, it just illustrates that the poster look weaker.

Cue the people who will now call me WOKE - which will be another example of the same thing!
Each to their own, we have the opportunity to put people on ignore

Back