Opinion Recruiting and List Management Team: Hamish Ogilvie, Justin Reid & Co

Should Hamish Ogilvie and Justin Reid be sacked?

• Both should be sacked

• Only Hamish Ogilvie should be sacked

• Only Justin Reid should be sacked

• Neither should be sacked

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

No, but instead of scrutinising his selection and not drafting a replacement, you’re hanging your hat on their opinion.

If you can’t see how that makes you look, well.

I think he's just pointing out that the Crows wouldn't look to replace the guy they ranked as 6th in the B&F which is a fair point

They probably won't replace him and probably will have him best 22 again

I think he's just pointing out that the Crows wouldn't look to replace the guy they ranked as 6th in the B&F which is a fair point

They probably won't replace him and probably will have him best 22 again
Oh by pointing out that they rate Murphy, he’s not actually agreeing with their assessment, he disagrees with it and has expressed so.

If we are to improve he will be squeezed out

What if the club thinks he's a very important player?

I mean they've rated him highly, why would they replace him?

They rated Sloane highly too which clearly explains his selection and contract extension

If we are to improve he has to be squeezed out
FTFY.

i’m just scared he wont be.

he’s like sloane.. in that he can play 4 or 5 very ordinary games in a row.. but as long as there is the odd good quarter here and there in those games and they are followed up by one good full game of footy… the club keeps them in the 22 for the entire season..

we have seen it year after year.

its fxxkn disgusting.

Why do they drop him annually?

This has always been unexplainable, like it was for Mackay and many others before him.

It's even more puzzling as the coaches rate Murphy higher than they ever did for Mackay

What if the club thinks he's a very important player?

I mean they've rated him highly, why would they replace him?

They rated Sloane highly too which clearly explains his selection and contract extension
Can't help stupid.

We need to prioritise talent.

Murphy should be depth.

Sloane can be a regular sub as he can't run out 4 quarters consistently.

This has always been unexplainable, like it was for Mackay and many others before him.

It's even more puzzling as the coaches rate Murphy higher than they ever did for Mackay
And yet some just back in their decisions because it’s our coaches who could be sacked any day

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Can't help stupid.

We need to prioritise talent.

Murphy should be depth.

Sloane can be a regular sub as he can't run out 4 quarters consistently.
How come you guys dont cop the same wrath from mutineer that I do when you point out he needs to be removed from the 22?..

is it cause simply because I call his AFL football abilities “garbage”?..

How come you guys dont cop the same wrath from mutineer that I do when you point out he needs to be removed from the 22?..

is it cause simply because I call his AFL football abilities “garbage”?..
I have had no shortage of thumbs down from Bicks...

Given Murphy has been selected consistently ahead of him, I doubt it.

Is this McHenrys last year? Can see us cutting our losses and delisting him or he becomes a rookie
Gut feel is yes. Might even get rival interest and request a trade

I’d hope next year we get rid of some deadweight - EH, Sholl, Hamill, McHenry, Sloane for starters. Who knows how Berry, Cook, Parnell, Bond do, as well

Given Murphy has been selected consistently ahead of him, I doubt it.

Is this McHenrys last year? Can see us cutting our losses and delisting him or he becomes a rookie
Jesus christ we have to rip the band aid off with players at this club who are borderline best 30. This whole give em 5 years in the senior list and if they aren't good enough, another 1 or 2 in the rookie list and see what happens is just stupid. If Ned isn't ( and at this stage I doubt he will) be best 22, then he needs to go, free up a list spot on someone else.

Jesus christ we have to rip the band aid off with players at this club who are borderline best 30. This whole give em 5 years in the senior list and if they aren't good enough, another 1 or 2 in the rookie list and see what happens is just stupid. If Ned isn't ( and at this stage I doubt he will) be best 22, then he needs to go, free up a list spot on someone else.
Oh I agree, I’m guessing the club won’t be able to let him go and will hang on to him as a rookie

Oh I agree, I’m guessing the club won’t be able to let him go and will hang on to him as a rookie

Its all about preserving depth. At this stage now, we are edging the decent depth stage where surplus players will be discarded. Some mediocre players probably got looked after during our rebuild. But I suspect it will become more ruthless as players need to compete for their spot.

But..

Why carry anyone if you dont have to?

Whats with this weird “ahhh, we can have one or two underperformers” attitude to this?..

We shouldve realised murphy is garbage.. and given other players like dowling, cook or nank a good solid run at it this year.. (nank finally got a run in the end but as a half back) and if they dont perform after being given a solid block of games.. start looking for something else.

This club seems to really love clinging to certain players that are underperformers just cause they try hard.

Hey Clam, quick one for you….

Have you ever coached a team? Ever been in a position to build a squad? In sport or business?

You pick individuals like BK and LM to target with your hateful posts … Probably two of the most loved players of our coach. Do you ever wonder why that might be?

Maybe you need to get your spite meter checked, it appears to be out of alignment.

So you are in affect agreeing with me.
I think he's a role player who does exactly what the coaches ask and need.

Personally though, I don't want two defensively minded small forwards. Keays is enough for me, and I want to see Cook get an opportunity.

I don't hate on the guy because he's obviously doing exactly what he's being asked to do. But I hope we have better options eventually.

Hey Clam, quick one for you….

Have you ever coached a team? Ever been in a position to build a squad? In sport or business?

You pick individuals like BK and LM to target with your hateful posts … Probably two of the most loved players of our coach. Do you ever wonder why that might be?

Maybe you need to get your spite meter checked, it appears to be out of alignment.
Yeah…

Lets keep picking underachievers and underperformers because they are “loved” nice blokes.

ANY coach that doesnt work to replace his poorer skilled players on his list with better skilled players is a coach that isnt going to win premierships..

And ease up on the hate bullshit.. I dont hate any of the crows players.. this is a forum where we critique players skills, talent and performance.. that doesnt instantly mean you hate them because your criticism is harsh.

This “you just hate them” nonsense is childish and I suspect it is the fall back position of some around here who simply cant handle their little favourite players being criticised in any way.

Back